Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Kasack
Dec 27, 2010
Oh, hey! Someone's going through this game. It's a quirky rhythm game that is quite interesting, more for the level of :wtc: than anything, but hey, some of the covers/remixes of the songs aren't too bad.

Edit: Having now seen the video, I do have a small question for you Chorps: Are you planning on showing off the other two in any way, or not really? Also, any plan to even talk about the local multiplayer? If not, I can give a quick explanation at the end of the LP. I both own the game and even used it as part of a gaming tournament back around 2001 or so. If you don't want me to, I won't, just asking.

Ben Kasack fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Kasack
Dec 27, 2010
Oddly enough, it is only now that you can see why Chilly is the hardest of the girls. Up to this point, the only real difference from her and Cela is the difficulty of the thumb stick movements. Trill usually has more simple movements and thus less difficult moves making her the easiest. If you play the game three times (once on each difficulty) you can really see the differences in moves and difficulty. But in the end, even though Chilly is the hardest, the game as a whole is moderately easy if you have even a minor amount of experience with rhythm games. Plus, being given unlimited practice time also helps for those later songs that start throwing in the trickier movements, like some of what we saw this episode. Also, one other minor difference from each girl is who the camera is focused on. As this is Chilly/Hard, she is the center of attention, even though Trill is the front girl of the trio. If you pick the other girls, it would focus on them. Interesting little detail you again would only notice through multiple play throughs.

Ben Kasack
Dec 27, 2010
And with the reveal of who Doctor Dance is, you can see why he is in utter fear of Friday eating his "hair". Because it is actually his body and no one like being eaten alive. During the song, there are two things I want to note. First, the front girl. Like I said before, whoever you are playing is the real main focus no matter what and here is where it REALLY shows. The girl you're playing will not only be in the center, but is also the one who runs to the side to do the hi-five line. Second, the screens in the background. They are literally just projecting what we, the player, are seeing, UI and all. Funny thing is, if you save it as a broadcast and watch the replay, I'm pretty sure the screens with be blank just like replay screen, so it confirms even more that all those screens are just replicated camera projections.

• Locked thread