Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

That's the only way. If they don't do it, this show is absolutely dead to me.

Last season was the first one I couldn't finish. I just do not give a single solitary gently caress about Archer's coma dreams. Literally nothing of any importance or note is happening in these seasons. It's not even recognizably the same goddamn characters other than Archer himself. There is nothing for me in these stupid goddamn loving coma-dream seasons and I just want them to end so this show can get one last season of poo poo I slightly care about. But I have a feeling that's too much to ask, and it's just going to be more stupid loving coma bullshit in the last season.

I stopped watching Archer when they suddenly started talking about feelings all the time and trying to inject actual relationship drama. Too much loving talking about serious emotional poo poo. This show was only good when Archer was an unrepentant rear end in a top hat and all his co-workers assholes, idiots, or the occasional competent person stuck with them.

Also Archer Vice annoyed me because they lost the balls to show them successfully selling cocaine. Frisky Dingo would have sold the cocaine and then half the characters would have OD'd on it. The edge got real lost from the start of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

algebra testes posted:

problematic joke

I think everyone that legitimately uses the term "problematic joke" should be thrown in the volcano

ED: Maybe just anyone who says problematic, it's a meme for morons in 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Boris Galerkin posted:

Okay but the thing is, those things you mentioned all “mattered” and affected character development. I’ll give you the going into space thing, but Cheryl being megarich comes back time after time. People being different from season 1 is fine too because they’ve “grown” and we’ve grown with them by watching the show. Pam revealing that she’s actually a badass rear end kicker is the reason Archer sees her in his comatose dreams the way he does.

But every single thing that’s happening in this and last season don’t matter because it’s all fake. It’s all in Archer’s head. The characters aren’t growing or developing anymore because they literally aren’t the same characters we’ve gotten to know in previous seasons. When Arched wakes up every single thing that happened just goes poof.

Counter-point: I stopped watching the show because it suddenly started taking the Archer - Lana drama seriously and started dulling it's edge dramatically to try to go the deep route, when the show never, ever was good at that.

To go back to their older shows it'd be like if they wanted an 'awww' from a relationship on Sealab or Frisky Dingo.

They also started wanting to make it way more safe; I remember an interview talking about how they wouldn't let them sell the cocaine because it'd be 'over the line' and poo poo. But the humor comes from just how hosed up things are, so if you aren't going to let them be hosed up.. I don't know, that season really got me as lost potential.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 12:09 on May 19, 2018