Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They could do Archer in Star Wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

IT IS NOT A GOLD MONKEY.

(That gag must have been written just for me)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Red Oktober posted:

Tales of the Gold Monkey (Wikipedia)

Not really spoilers

Set in 1938 in the South Pacific, the series is about an ex-Flying Tigers pilot (an anachronism, since the Flying Tigers operated from 1941–1942) named Jake Cutter (Stephen Collins). Now the operator of an air cargo delivery service based on the fictional South Seas island Bora Gora, he flies a red and white Grumman Goose called Cutter's Goose. Jake's best friend is his mechanic Corky (Jeff MacKay), a good-hearted alcoholic with a memory hazy from heavy drinking. However, a one-eyed Jack Russell terrier named Jack, which barks once for "no" and twice for "yes" (or the opposite if it suits him) would dispute just who Jake's best friend really is. Jack wears an eye patch, but used to have a false eye made of opal with a star sapphire center that Jake lost in a poker game—and refuses to let Jake forget it.

Well, I guess we’ve found the inspiration for this series.

If you were aware of the show, then yeah, you knew exactly what Archer was parodying

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Crackers is going to turn out to be the treasure everyone's searching for, isn't he?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Azhais posted:

Would Pam be the Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla?

Barry

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Sterling is like a more intelligent Xander Crews.

Shame there aren't any more seasons after the next. Archer as superheroes could be good

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

tsob posted:

By the opening I meant just the shot of the ship exterior passing over head. I forgot Alien even had a similar external shot of the Nostromo before cutting to the interior. After re-watching it, it's definitely based on Alien yea; even the external shot of the ship flying over the camera is in total silence. It does make me wonder if that opening pan isn't based on the opening pan of the Star Destroyer in A New Hope though, since it came out two years before hand.

Star Wars was definitely an influence on Alien. Scott himself said the "used" look of Star Wars made him completely rethink the look of Alien. So that was certainly a homage

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/HJBenjamin/stat...126087875813376

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Renewed for S11 and he wakes up

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ok, that Space Pirates episode was awesome.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Archer will become the new Brett

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

OneTruePecos posted:

It's howmever.

That was amazing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Kreiger needs a van tribute to Neil Peart, and there were some notable Rush albums he never used.

About a month and a half ago, I was out driving around, and was behind a pickup truck that had the words "Rush Neil Peart" hand painted on the tailgate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/FXNetworks/stat...0953401345?s=20