Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Moose-Alini posted:

I get what you mean, but on the other hand, itís a cartoon and none of it ever mattered?

Which is true of every piece of fictional media ever produced.

"I was really invested in the main characters growth and journey, whi..."
"YEAH, WELL MICHAEL CORLEONE DOESN'T ACTUALLY EXIST SO WHO GIVES A gently caress."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Tiggum posted:

It's not though. Some media is about a continuing story. Archer isn't and never has been.

This isn't true though, and is the source of many peoples complaints. The show has become increasingly serialized and reliant on plot. How do you square that with buy in to character and plot not mattering?

I seriously can not see how "increase the plot but plot doesn't matter" could ever result in satisfying results.