Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Personally, I liked Vice and last season. So far I'm digging Danger Island. Krieger/Crackers is the best.

But I can understand why some people are disappointed. Vice and the Coma Seasons still haven't touched the heights of the best spy-centric episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Vice will always be good, if only for the extended Jeep crash.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

tarlibone posted:

Honestly, to me it was all a good decision to have them not sell the cocaine. Maybe the reason was stupid and arbitrary considering some of the other stuff the show has done (although I explained my own theory on why it's not that arbitrary); I'll grant you that that's a possibility. But, the motive notwithstanding, by choosing not to turn ISIS into a cocaine trafficking organization, they got to do something even funnier: they got to show how this group of people somehow can't manage to sell an extremely hot commodity, even as they are surrounded on all sides by high demand. In fact, the harder they try, the more they fail at this task.

To me, each failure was funnier than the last.

Trying but failing to sell it was just funnier than any scenario I can imagine in which they would have actually moved the product.

I'll say it again, but Archer Vice will always have a place in my heart if only for the "Eat a dick, Jungle" sequence.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

tsob posted:

I think I'd probably come to the opposite conclusion if I had to grade them, but I think the show has already dealt with coerced sex anyway since Mallory wanted Archer to act as honeypot for a gay informant in season one if I recall and I'm pretty sure she was pushing Lana to have sex with Barry before the show re-wrote their dynamic to Lana being icked out by Barry. They're not as explicit as Mallory pimping Cheryl in this season, but she was still paying Archer to have sex with someone for value at the end of the day. The show dealt with skeevy sexual dynamics and just skeevy stuff full stop on a fairly regular basis throughout the first couple of seasons: see also Ray contemplating buying a slave boy for a while or Archer and Lana both sleeping with Skorpio as part of a mission, even though I'm pretty sure both found him fairly repulsive.

Hell, it happened in the pilot. “Just the tip”

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

tsob posted:

The "opening" shot was pure Star Wars, with the long panning shot along the underside of a passing space ship a la "A New Hope" but yea, the ship's interior is definitely Aliens. It'll probably just be a mash up of different sci-fi stuff, though the 70's retro-futuristic aesthetic Aliens has with clunky CRT monitors everywhere is more Archer anyway and will probably be the dominating one.

The opening pan struck me more as the Nostromo fly-by from Alien. As soon as it started I pegged it immediately as Alien since it was a more or less shot for shot recreation of the opening.

However the credits were using the LCARS UI from ST:NG.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I was trying to remember if Pam and Cheryl had knocked boots. It seems like something that would happen casually with no fanfare because both wouldn't think anything of it, or anyone would think of anything. They did have some gently caress me eyes during the Vice season.

Though there could have been a giant orgy that had happened at some point that everyone refuses to talk about.

If I’m remembering correctly, didn’t Pam watch Cheryl and Cyril go at it while leaving a deuce in the toilet during the episode with the zeppelin?

(Also, “nice read, Velma” is still the funniest line in the series)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ZorajitZorajit posted:

What about a Heavy Metal inspired season? Have Archer think he's woken up into some sort of post apocalyptic fantasy with wizards and hover cycles? I'd love some more Metal Hurlant.

That sounds more like a Krieger coma dream, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The title is the best part. Archer: 1999

Lol. That’s digging deep. That was may favorite show as a kid.

(I’ll respect the spoiler, but I’m not sure why you’re using it)