Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Yeesh, lotta negativity in this thread. I actually really liked this episode, and all of last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

algebra testes posted:

Also fair warning people who saw the screeners reported their being a very problematic joke at some point so, be ready for that.

This is way too vague, could you put in spoiler tags in what way it's problematic?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Fun background things I noticed this episode: The giant portrait of Duchess Mallory had, and the stuffed ocelot above the bar (RIP Babou, he ain't crepuscular no more...).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

This would be interesting, although what I REALLY hope they end up doing is bringing Archer back as a cyborg.

His fear of robots has been replaced with a bigger fear: himself.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Mokinokaro posted:

If we wanted to go that route it'd be much funnier for Archer to end up with a pacemaker or some other implant that makes him enough of a "cyborg" to set off his neurosis without giving him anything combat wise in return.

Yes, this would be great.

Small White Dragon posted:

I don't know, given his agency's budget, I'm not sure he'd get top-tier cyborg equipment.

This could also be fantastic, he's not actually much stronger or faster and he has an arm cannon that shoots tennis balls.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

I'm hoping they meet an alien in space, and that the alien they meet is Killface.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Azhais posted:

Pam's been with everyone but Cheryl. Cheryl is just missing Pam and Mallory (but adds Barry and Conway). Cyril's just the women and Ray.

It's implied that something may have happened between them and/or Mallory and/or Roy when they were doing that whole open marriage thing.

I just hope Pam/Mallory/Roy got tested afterwards since Cheryl is known to be a bit of a chlamyd-idot.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Can Kreiger still be a parrot though? Birds can survive in space, right?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

This is the final season right? I'm gonna miss this show when it's gone.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

I'm liking the new season! Man, the animation has come a long way since season one.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Kesper North posted:

Not as different as Mallory sounded a season or two ago, it was like she had a cold while she was recording. They all sounded normal to me this time though.

I wonder if there is some symbolism hinting at a relationship between Archer's coma, the fact that he wanted his friends and family to stay in stasis - stay the same, while he had his coma-dreamtime fun - and Lana's pleading that they finally return to Earth as promised, which seems like a metaphor for him waking up. It could be that in among the science fiction references we start getting some Total Recall/Matrix bleed-through.

The past two seasons have, metaphorically, been about Archer's relationship with Woodhouse (and dealing with death) and Pam (and how much he really does value her as a friend) so it would make sense that this season to be about his relationship with Lana (and potentially waking up).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Kesper North posted:

Post your dreamboat showrunner to succeed Reed

and

Pitch what Adam Reed's next project should be.

I'll post mine, but I gotta think about it for a bit.

No idea who the show runner should be, but I'm hoping his next project is something sci-fi because I've really liked this season.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Atlas Hugged posted:

I kind of just want this to be the show from now on.

Same, it's basically just animated Red Dwarf now and I'm loving it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Davros1 posted:

Renewed for S11 and he wakes up

The impossible dream has become a reality!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They gave an interview about the setup for S11 itís sounding almost like theyíre taking the character flexibility of the last three seasons and applying it to the spy agency theme of the first four. Everyone has moved on and been allowed to grow and change without Archer acting as a lodestone. Cyril has matured and grown competent without Archer constantly belittling him while Archer has to deal with his skills and muscles atrophying over the three years he was in a coma. No one is really happy to see him since he just reminds them of who they used to be while he keeps acting like nothing has changed.

My bets on some other things that have changed are: Pam and Cheryl are married, Cheryl is properly medicated and sane, Kreiger is a respected and successful scientist, Lana is head of her own spy agency and dating a male model, and Ray is a cyborg super hero.

Basically it's like a reverse version of it's a wonderful life, everything is better with Archer gone.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

muscles like this! posted:

Definitely weird to see clips from the pilot and just how bad the animation used to be.

Go back and watch Frisky Dingo sometime (Jokes are still great).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Oh that looks fantastic

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Pam and Archer have such a cute friendship I kind of wish they'd just let the two of them date. I like Lana, but she and Archer are just consistently miserable as a couple. Just let her be happy with her new husband.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Small White Dragon posted:

I think that was Seamus, not AJ.

Yeah, the wee baby Seamus is Cyril's kid, and AJ is Archer's kid (because Lana stole his sperm from a sperm bank).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Keltar posted:

I like that Conway lost another limb, his other foot is the next to go and by the end he may be full cyborg. Unless Kreiger won't give him any more attachments.

Kreiger would never stop giving him robot limbs, Kreiger would never not give ANYONE robot limbs. Many things may change, but Kreiger's desire to do weird rear end science will remain the same.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Trabant posted:

Krieger's vans gave us Mallory's "rolling probable cause" line, which is still one of the all-time best of the show

That was a Lana line

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Awww, Barry and Archer are friends now! That's surprisingly sweet.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Senor Tron posted:

Apart from the coma references that could have been an early season episode, was so good.

I didn't watch all the coma seasons, was the song connected to anything Archer dreamed in his coma?

I think so, I'm pretty sure that was a German song, and at one point Archer dreams Barry was a World War One style German fighter pilot.

Also, I think a group of Germans sing that same song at a bar at one point? I'd have to go back and check.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm pretty sure the song is in Spanish. I caught the word "maŮanitas," at least.

And in the episode you're thinking of, the Germans sing It's a Long Way to Tipperary and the pilot is based on one of Archer's prep school bullies from season 7. Barry doesn't feature at all in that one coma dream.

...Yes, I've seen the coma seasons a couple times.

Okay I was REALLY misremembering that one.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

I've been liking this season, and I'm glad to get more, that's my hot take.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Cody 2 is on the tontine board Cheryl makes in the WWI veterans episode. I just noticed that like two weeks ago. That episode is almost ten years old and Iíve seen it a shitmillion times, I didnít think there was anything new to notice.

Cheryl mentions "That's going in the slideshow!"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Red Oktober posted:

Archer is full of FD references. Boosh, loose cannon, "what the hell, drat guy!", Fat Mike, 'master coconut' - and probably loads more I can't think of right. now.

And now we can add Baby Lamont to the list!

I really loved this episode, and Archer pointing out that maybe they really did want an excuse to be their worst selves.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Well you're going to get more! Season 12 is a go baby!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

HopperUK posted:

On a scale of 'not much' to 'just enough', how much Ray is in the current season? He's my favourite.

'Just Enough' he gets some great lines too, especially in the final episode.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Medullah posted:

I'm not crazy in that this episode Archer saw Lana flickering like last season when he was coming out of his coma on the space station, right? I really hope they don't go with "he's still in a coma after all!!!" because that would taint the end of last season which I'm not gonna lie made me tear up a bit

Nah, that was just a hallucination brought about by a combination of hypothermia and residual brain damage caused from the drowning that caused Archer to become comatose in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

Yay

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

What was the deal with all the hallucinations towards the end? Are they hinting that Archer is still in a coma?

What, is he gonna wake up again next season, only this time the gang is a successful drug cartel?

He's not still in a coma ("I'll just wait for the next one" "There is no next one!"), but he is still being effected by the damage the coma did to his body.

Archer hosed up, and that gently caress up had a major effect on his life. He did get to raise his daughter, Lana married someone else, and he needs a cane to walk and also probably suffered brain damage. The hallucinations were a visual reminder of what this season has been about : Archer trying to adjust to real life and having varying degrees of success at doing so.