Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 11, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Please, God, let this show die with some loving dignity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 11, 2015

by Cyrano4747

algebra testes posted:

Do you think he wakes up at the end of this season for one last spy hurrah

That's the only way. If they don't do it, this show is absolutely dead to me.

Last season was the first one I couldn't finish. I just do not give a single solitary gently caress about Archer's coma dreams. Literally nothing of any importance or note is happening in these seasons. It's not even recognizably the same goddamn characters other than Archer himself. There is nothing for me in these stupid goddamn loving coma-dream seasons and I just want them to end so this show can get one last season of poo poo I slightly care about. But I have a feeling that's too much to ask, and it's just going to be more stupid loving coma bullshit in the last season.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 11, 2015

by Cyrano4747

yeah, uh, I'm not watching this season but I'm morbidly curious

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 11, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I seriously love that they named Lana after poison ivy medication.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 11, 2015

by Cyrano4747

honestly I feel like Archer's identity as a show has been set-in-stone enough by now that a different producer could crush it

Dragon Ball GT got hosed up because 1) Toei hates spending money and 2) Toriyama is a really inconsistent and idiosyncratic writer who's basically impossible to emulate, and DBZ barely sticks to one thing for long enough to even give you a starting point beyond what the show's been basically memed as; a more comparable situation for Archer would be, like, American Dad, which changed showrunners a few years back and has been kinda on fire ever since

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 11, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kesper North posted:

Post your dreamboat showrunner to succeed Reed

and

Pitch what Adam Reed's next project should be.

I'll post mine, but I gotta think about it for a bit.

absolute wildest dreams? Hideo Kojima

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 11, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I don't hate the callbacks because most of those jokes have had a long time on the bench. Like, "space phrasing" was really loving funny, but if they hadn't given "phrasing" a long break it wouldn't be as good.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 11, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I get hardcore Space Station 13 vibes from this season, but that's probably inevitable since that game's been basically a Sealab game forever

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 11, 2015

by Cyrano4747

God, I'm glad this show is back to being its old self

This season has loving owned so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 11, 2015

by Cyrano4747

tarlibone posted:

Archer saying "well, I wasn't using that heart anyway" when he realizes who AJ is calling daddy was pretty good. I admit, I was hoping for a daddy-daughter reunion, but it looks like that ship has sailed, and they did a good job of conveying how devastating that is.

I really don't think it has. They've been kind of going out of their way to make it clear that, despite Lana trying to make things work with Robert and it not being completely terrible, he's... kind of a gigantic rear end in a top hat, and they've made it very explicit that Lana has noticed this and is starting to get a little tired of him.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark that, at some point either by the end of this season or in the next, Lana cheats on Robert with Archer and that tips over a domino chain that puts them more or less back at pre-coma status quo. Which opens up jokes about Archer being both AJ's stepdad (because Robert raised her for more or less the entirety of her memory) and her bio dad.