Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Davros1 posted:

IT IS NOT A GOLD MONKEY.

(That gag must have been written just for me)
I'm skipping probably 3 pages of replies but the first thing I thought when I saw the first episode was "Tales of the Gold Monkey" and I wanted to hear Jack bark once for yes, and two for no. I actually have really poor DVD rips of the originals which I started to make one of my friends watch but they couldn't deal with it/couldn't see the awesomeness :black101:.

I haven't watched another episode. I liked "Vice" and then I lost interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

counterfeitsaint posted:

There's only 4 pages in this thread total so. Also, I appreciate your post/AV combo.

Yeah, that was top of lazy, but I haven't been on SA in awhile and the first page was entirely "I DON'T LIKE THIS" and there was no mention of Tales of the Gold Monkey and also I had to pee.

I mean there is the frenchman, Lucky(bon Chance) Louis, the parrot, the guy in the wheelchair (goochie), the sexy visiting american star, the german priest (edited to add, wow he was "blessing" the local girls very vigorously!!), the pontoon plane, the bar looks the same, etc.

DoggPickle fucked around with this message at 07:00 on May 26, 2018

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

tarlibone posted:

I remember watching that show when it was new.

At that time, there was this brief fascination with the early days of aviation. Movies with lone pilots-for-hire getting into all kinds of derring-do.... High Road to China comes to mind....

It's actually STILL watchable. There are only about 20 episodes. I confess, and I don't know how to make it sound less piratey because the actual downloads don't exist on any current streaming media, but I recently looked for the episodes of "Tales of the Gold Monkey" again, and what is possibly available is a lot better quality than what previously.. ahem

The episodes are bizarrely adult. There is a prison-island episode where people are tortured There's a slave episode on a boat. It's weird.
There are cannibals. The German "priest" is clearly loving the island girls and it's played for laughs.The main sidekick is a hardcore alcoholic, to the point he gets shaky and stuff, but its FUNNY! There are nazi's, Malaria, some pretty cringe Japanese episodes (the Japanese Princess is very white, but weirdly some of her dudes are real Japanese) It's a weird pre-set thing where they are doing the 1930's but in 1980. So it's relatively racist but its SO MUCH FUN!!

I want a pontoon plane where I can island hop. What a life!!