Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Tales of the Gold Monkey (Wikipedia)

Not really spoilers

Set in 1938 in the South Pacific, the series is about an ex-Flying Tigers pilot (an anachronism, since the Flying Tigers operated from 1941–1942) named Jake Cutter (Stephen Collins). Now the operator of an air cargo delivery service based on the fictional South Seas island Bora Gora, he flies a red and white Grumman Goose called Cutter's Goose. Jake's best friend is his mechanic Corky (Jeff MacKay), a good-hearted alcoholic with a memory hazy from heavy drinking. However, a one-eyed Jack Russell terrier named Jack, which barks once for "no" and twice for "yes" (or the opposite if it suits him) would dispute just who Jake's best friend really is. Jack wears an eye patch, but used to have a false eye made of opal with a star sapphire center that Jake lost in a poker game—and refuses to let Jake forget it.

Well, I guess we’ve found the inspiration for this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I never got the problem with them not being able to sell cocaine. For me the obvious reason was: of course they can't sell the cocaine, because that's the objective. And they need to fail because thats what makes it funny. Successful ISIS (rather than Archer being extremely competent at a few things) isn't where the core of the show is, and it's more funny to watch them fail selling one of the hottest commodities in America.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

tarlibone posted:

I love how Archer points out that Cracker's dislike of other bird species is racism.

You know I’m right.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

SalTheBard posted:

Is watching Archer: Dreamland necessary for this season?

No, it’s 100% standalone.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

https://twitter.com/archerfxx/statu...6835781632?s=21

And to confirm - we’re going to.... space!

https://twitter.com/archerfxx/statu...4690479104?s=21

Red Oktober fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 22, 2018

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Can Kreiger still be a parrot though? Birds can survive in space, right?

From the second video, Kreiger will be a synthetic human, sadly not a parrot. .

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

He mentions being a secret agent or a detective in this one as well, so it seems more likely the ‘reality seeping into his coma’ is happening.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Only the male characters would be? And Lana is absent?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

pixaal posted:

I can't imagine him working with anyone else voicing him either.

He’s just got that perfect amount of nasal-ly smugness. He’s a perfect Reddit poster, who’s also a super spy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I wonder what they’re going to do with Lana, they seem to be a bit lost with her at the minute but let’s see based on her bit of development this episode.