Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

I really enjoyed 1999 and am glad to see that the last few seasons were a coma dream after all.

I had heard this would be the last season, and the final sequence certainly would have worked out for an ending, but I am glad we get more adventures!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Was that the song from Coco?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Phenotype posted:

Aw, I'm gonna miss that guy.

Loving this new season, though. I remember complaining through the last few seasons that, yeah, they might have had a few good jokes here and there, but I signed up to watch super spy Sterling Archer (codename: Duchess) and his wacky co-workers, and I just could not bring myself to give a gently caress about a bunch of season-long spinoffs starring a bunch of people who mostly look and act like the characters from one of my favorite shows, but have none of the backstory or built-up chemistry. Now that he's finally out of the coma I'm enjoying the poo poo out of the return to form, and I'm even more disappointed we wasted so much time on it.

I think that's why I enjoyed the coma-gimmick so much: I assumed right away that it was the old characters transplanted into these new personas. The chemistry never broke because it was always the same "people." Part of the humor, for me, was the show being so different, yet so similar. Especially after so many friends quit watching it because "it's the same jokes over and over." Archer feels like an in-joke and the cast are the ones in on it with the audience.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Run it for 30 years until no one cares.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

I 'd at the last line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Is that it for the season? Some of y'all are talkin' like it's over.

oh noes