Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I'm on my way there next week, and it looks like the roll of the dice i took on cheap plane tickets is going to bite me - lots of rain. Is the rain this late in the we season an all-day affair, or is it more like "2 hours in the afternoon"?

Also, how safe are the city markets? I've heard that the streets are bad in general at night, but are those fine during the day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Saladman posted:

I guess you've already found out, but many countries have "short rainy season" and "long rainy season" which doesn't mean the season itself is longer or shorter, but it means the rains within those seasons are longer or shorter. That is, "short rainy season" means thunderstorm/downbursts and then clear skies, while "long rainy season" is more like summers in the southern United States where it will pour rain for hours and then drizzle the rest of the day.

Looks like you're in the tail end of "long rainy season" for Nairobi so maybe you'll get lucky and they won't really be long rains.

I didn't actually know that.

We had one day of really heavy rain, but the rest of the time was clear. Perfect weather with views of Kilimanjaro down in Amboseli National Park.

Nairobi itself isn't super great, but Kenya's pretty wonderful outside of the city. Had a great time.

• Locked thread