Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Blinkman987 posted:

Was just there a few months ago for about a week, and I've been to Africa before, though that was my first trip to that region. I had not visited Eastleigh as I had no need to and fun fact, it's currently on the US Dept of State "Don't travel there" list.

Overall, my impression of Nairobi is that it felt like a truly African city but also reasonably safe in the areas I stayed in, in contrast to Cape Town and Lagos respectively. I don't know what your travel experience is so I apologize in advance if any of this comes off as condescending. If you've traveled a decent amount to a variety of non-western countries, you'll find nothing out of the ordinary in terms of infrastructure. If you've only traveled to extremely (relatively) rich countries, you might have some adjusting to do and this could be a wonderful trip for you to see what another area of the world is like.

Where exactly did you stay in Nairobi? I'm planning a trip myself (US citizen, indian) for next year. From what I've read there actually does seem to be a large Indian population there so I'm hoping that won't be an issue, especially with me being vegetarian.

Things I want to go see:
National Park
Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
Maybe some of the village markets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread