Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

TLoU 2 will have a BR mode or something. Survivors on a massive scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Policenaut posted:

Cursed post.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The multiplayer lead from TLoU1 left, so I have low expectations for the sequel multiplayer, tbh

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The multiplayer lead from TLoU1 left, so I have low expectations for the sequel multiplayer, tbh

TLoU multiplayer being amazing was a loving accident, and it has very little to do with the decisions of one person. UC3 and UC4 multi were bad. He also worked on those, but do you think they were bad because of him or because ND has no idea what they did right in TLoU Factions.

1 person does not a studio make.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Policenaut posted:

that might actually be a good br... :thunk:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

eonwe posted:

I do not because they already had to apologize for Destiny 1 and then remade the same mistakes

They actually made worse mistakes which how the gently caress could you do that? loving Bungie

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

This or SOCOM BR would be a smart move. Combine the fanbase of either series with the BR marketing hypewagon and actually support the loving thing with money and marketing...I'm sure it could pay off.

Sony will do none of this.

SOCOM and the studio that made it , Zipper Interactive, are both dead.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

E3 Chaos Move: Kingdom Hearts 3 announced for Switch, Sora in smash

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

GANDHITRON posted:

killed by MAG (mega action game)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

E3 Chaos Move: Kingdom Hearts 3 announced for Switch, Sora in smash

More like Kingdom Hearts 2.99: Some Ridiculous Title

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Grapplejack posted:

E3 Chaos Move: Kingdom Hearts 3 cloud edition announced for Switch, Sora in PS allstars battle royale

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Ps royal all star gets roxas

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Massive Action Game was actually pretty fun if you played with friends and uh ignored the bad framerate and boring aesthetics.

Zipper was killed when SOCOM 4 was released right as hackers shut down PSN for a whole loving month.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MAG was also good if you ignored that its entire design philosophy was based around shunting players into smaller sub zones so the huge raging battles promised on the box never actually happened.

But seriously SOCOM 4 flopping murderd them.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Konami's E3 exhibitor page lists an unknown compilation game. My guess is Castlevania?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

There are a few options.. they hate Kojima so it wouldn't be Metal Gear collection, they hate Iga so it wouldn't be any of his Castlevanias

I'm going to guess Silent Hill collection because they still theoretically value that IP, enough to make pachinkos anyway

Personally though I wish they'd do a Rebirth Collection of all their WiiWare titles so they're not lost to time

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Policenauts+Snatcher double feature

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Metal Gear quadrilogy

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

GANDHITRON posted:

I know Zipper is gone, but that doesn't mean SOCOM isn't still owned by Sony.

Hell, Psygnosis has been fully gone since 2012 and yet here we are with Wipeout Collection and VR.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Quest For Glory II posted:

There are a few options.. they hate Kojima so it wouldn't be Metal Gear collection, they hate Iga so it wouldn't be any of his Castlevanias

I'm going to guess Silent Hill collection because they still theoretically value that IP, enough to make pachinkos anyway

Personally though I wish they'd do a Rebirth Collection of all their WiiWare titles so they're not lost to time

Forbidden Move: After seeing the success Ubisoft had with Mario and Rabbids they're publishing a literal Metroidvania where Dracula's Castle pops up in space, in the future and Alucard hires Samus to take care of that poo poo.

But it won't be called Metroidvania it'll be called Castletroid.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Metal Gear quadrilogy

Because it doesn't include MGS4 :mmmhmm:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Because it doesn't include MGS4 :mmmhmm:

So MGS1, 2, 3, and Ghost Babel? Interesting choices

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Barudak posted:

Ghost Babel?

Actually a better game than V, for the record.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Can't believe Konami is gonna make a Twinbee compilation in anticipation of their gritty 2019 western reboot

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Actually a better game than V, for the record.

I didnt realize there was debate

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Infinitum posted:

Metal Gear quadrilogy
I'd loving kill to be able to play MGS4 on my PS4. Seriously, I've been considering buying a used PS3 just to play that one game.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'd loving kill to be able to play MGS4 on my PS4. Seriously, I've been considering buying a used PS3 just to play that one game.

It would almost be worth it just to fix the framerate in places, like when the B&B Corps drops bombs in Chapter 1

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought a PS3 this year to play MGS2-4 and Yakuza 3-5, I'm that guy

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's dumb as hell but I'd like a port of that multiplayer Castlevania game from last gen.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Taintrunner posted:

I bought a PS3 this year to play MGS2-4 and Yakuza 3-5, I'm that guy

The HD re-releases by Bluepoint of MGS2, 3, and Peace Walker is worth the price of a PS3 for sure

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

It's dumb as hell but I'd like a port of that multiplayer Castlevania game from last gen.

Do this with an option for randomly generated castles and I'm in.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

There are a few options.. they hate Kojima so it wouldn't be Metal Gear collection, they hate Iga so it wouldn't be any of his Castlevanias.

Hate Iga? What did he do to piss off Konami? Is it like a "burned bridges" kinda thing? To my recollection he was just kinda laid off outta nowhere, and I dont think his handheld games were a big budget crisis like Kojima.

Then again, Konami is fuckin crazy, don't need a reason.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Hate Iga? What did he do to piss off Konami? Is it like a "burned bridges" kinda thing? To my recollection he was just kinda laid off outta nowhere, and I dont think his handheld games were a big budget crisis like Kojima.

Then again, Konami is fuckin crazy, don't need a reason.

In Japan it seems you are expected to fall in line and do one thing and one thing only, to perfection, until you occupy a coffin. This results in a fair amount of social cohesion given small land mass and population density, but it also results in stiff social penalties if people deviate from what is expected.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Before leaving he was assigned to a mobile team to make an action game and never felt comfortable with how they played enough to release them. This was after being put on the incredibly bad Otomedius game and some Kinect garbage. I would have left, too. I think he just saw the writing on the wall moreso than any specific punishment.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

There's a sequel currently in a Japan-only open beta

for cellphones :twisted:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

goferchan posted:

There's a sequel currently in a Japan-only open beta

for cellphones :twisted:
I can't believe you made me look this up, this is just some crappy Castlevania moba, harmony of despair was way sicker

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ryoga posted:

Do this with an option for randomly generated castles and I'm in.

I just remembered that they never got around to adding a Castlevania 3 map.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ZoE is Kojima and they're making Mars. I don't think "hating" a guy has anything to do with profiting off existing assets.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The online servers for Skate 3 have mysteriously re-activated after being down for at least 2 years. EA at E3 might just be worth watching this year for hopes of a Skate 4 and/or Skate 3 Remastered.

And now a leak from the Japanese for once: Tales of Vesperia 10th Anniversary Remaster apparently exists. You may finally be able to play that PS3-exclusive content without having an insane beast rig PC or a modded PS3 to play the fan translated version on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

it's gonna be skate 5. they're skipping skate 4 and going straight to 5.

• Locked thread