Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Inzombiac posted:

Maaaan, I'm actually excited for Fallout 76 but only because it can be offline if you want.

They said there was a story and missions but there's no way it's structured the same as previous games.
There's still so many unanswered questions but I'm super hype for these good, gross monsters.

They showed some cool stuff for Fallout 76; but absolutely everything they showed turned me off.

I played FO3 and NV as interactive short story collections. Go to new place, find some people; solve their problems. Rinse wash repeat. When FO4 was revealed with a big emphasis on the main narrative and settlement building I dropped it harder than a hand grenade. 76 seems to be even more of a settlement builder with a setting that isn't really conductive to side-quests. So I imagine that most of the story-telling is going to be system and player driven rather than writer crafted.

That's not to say that any of this is bad, I can imagine dozens of people personally where this will scratch an itch that nothing else on the market does. And I imagine that with proper support this could explode like GTA Online for very much the same reasons. I think it will be honestly a great game; but not a game I can imagine myself enjoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm starting to feel, as if this man Todd might not be the most honest and scrupulous fellow

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It was funny when Anthem used the "these walls won't protect us forever" line that I think is lifted straight from Destiny 2, but then Todd used the Anthem pr line about being able to play alone but being easier with a group.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Barudak posted:

They also called a mobile game "free" then said you could pre-order it.

It said on there that it was for early access.

Like I’m not a big fan of it either, but come on.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Barudak posted:

They also called a mobile game "free" then said you could pre-order it.

If you open the app store or google play store there's a category to "pre-register" for free games

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Poniard posted:

If you open the app store or google play store there's a category to "pre-register" for free games

Ill be honest, did not know this as I gave up on mobile gaming after Deus Ex Go.

I assumed it was tied to whatever monetary system will be tied to this.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'm starting to feel, as if this man Todd might not be the most honest and scrupulous fellow

Lying to increase sales is perfectly fine if the consumer base never learns from it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Poniard posted:

Yeah it just queues it to download once available.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vakal posted:

Lying to increase sales is perfectly fine if the consumer base never learns from it.

Im gonna be surprisingly fair to todd, for the most part hes not blatantly saying false things he simply leaving room in his sentences for your imagination to run wilder than what final delivery will be. Read at face value, most of his statements are true but its in the implications you add that he gets you

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Lots of people crying about 76 saying it ruins what was good in 3 & 4.

They keep forgetting 3 & 4 were trash

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Raged posted:

They didnt have other people in them was the good thing

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

It's real, guys.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1006027964050370560

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Raged posted:

I thought you New Vegas fanatics were a meme but here you are

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Your Computer posted:

I mean, you don't have to think New Vegas was good to think 3 and 4 were bad.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Your Computer posted:

Actually, No Mutants Allowed was right.

frugalmaster
Jun 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich
Fallout 3 and 4 may have not been great games but they were way better than any other FPSRPGS out there.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New Vegas is just as broken, janky and dumb as Fallout 3 and 4

and I enjoy all of them :shrug:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Actually, No Mutants Allowed was right.

hosed up that 'oblivion with guns' was accurate

even more hosed up that 'oblivion with guns' would be more preferable than what they just showed

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DMCV and Sekiro were my fave surprises so far, along with the RAGE2 gameplay, Pedro game coming to Switch, and DOOM Eternal. If RE2Make gets shown off as a premiere tomorrow (and it might considering the RE7 reveal years back) then Capcom wins the show for me

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
but you really wanted was an ark clone in the fallout universe

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

frugalmaster posted:

Fallout 3 and 4 may have not been great games but they were way better than any other FPSRPGS out there.

Lmao this is so hilariously horribly wrong

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I want to role play as doomguy in doom 5 hell on earth

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

frugalmaster posted:

Do the following just like not exist or something: Bioshock 1, 2, infinite, System shock 1,2, Prey, VTM: Bloodlines, Deus Ex 1, Human Revolution, STALKER SoC, CS, CoP, uhhhh a ton of other games

Fallouts are on like the Borderlands level of "meh, they're okay, lots of stuff to do so it seems good at first, but everything gets real boring and repetitive" tier

1, 2, and New Vegas however were cool and good RPGs.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Poniard posted:

Two dialog options, rip and tear

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Poniard posted:

I'm sorry, did you mean 'doomslayer' ? ?

frugalmaster
Jun 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

Lmao this is so hilariously horribly wrong

Ok name the better fpsrpgs then.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

With the benefit of time and age, it starts to become clear that the NMA crowd were totally right in the most shrill, annoying way possible

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
can yall imagine the glitches that can happen in a bethesda space game? like maybe enter a spaceship that turns into a planet. like fall through the stairs except instead of going into a void u just go to the other side of the planet.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

With the benefit of time and age, it starts to become clear that the NMA crowd were totally right in the most shrill, annoying way possible

the old fallout games have aged terribly :can:

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

frugalmaster posted:

Ok name the better fpsrpgs then.

Zaphod42 posted:

Do the following just like not exist or something: Bioshock 1, 2, infinite, System shock 1,2, Prey, VTM: Bloodlines, Deus Ex 1, Human Revolution, STALKER SoC, CS, CoP, uhhhh a ton of other games

Literally 4 posts up dude

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Your Computer posted:

True. But at least they weren't bethesda games

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the old fallout games are still pretty drat good for being turn based isometric rpgs from a bygone era

frugalmaster
Jun 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

Fallouts are on like the Borderlands level of "meh, they're okay, lots of stuff to do so it seems good at first, but everything gets real boring and repetitive" tier

1, 2, and New Vegas however were cool and good RPGs.

Half of those games are really really old.

And most are linear fpsrpgs. Not open world. Only Stalker is something I'd consider open world and it's a got a massive difficulty curve.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

frugalmaster posted:

And most are linear fpsrpgs. Not open world. Only Stalker is something I'd consider open world and it's a got a massive difficulty curve.

Fallout 3 is really really old too?

E: Its loving 10 years old

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Your Computer posted:

I don't know I played them after 3/NV and had a good time. Maybe I just have a higher tolerance for old stuff, the final bosses in 1 and 2 are complete bullshit if you fight them though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

frugalmaster posted:

You said FPSRPG not open world dude. Now you're shifting the goalposts.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Only "Ancient Gamers" will remember the influential, historical title Fallout 3

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

True. But at least they weren't bethesda games

Bethesda games are magical

I guess your enjoyment of the 3D Fallouts depend on how much you enjoy Bethesda games though, they are after all almost literally Oblivion with guns. That goes for New Vegas as well.

e: also lmao if you play a Bethesda game without 100 mods and a shortcut to the console because you know you'll need to disable collisions sooner or later

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
I'm trying to decide if the first resettlers immediately starting a nuclear civil war 25 years after the big one utterly breaks Fallout lore or fits it perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Thranguy posted:

I'm trying to decide if the first resettlers immediately starting a nuclear civil war 25 years after the big one utterly breaks Fallout lore or fits it perfectly.

I guess that's one way to make sure nothing that happens in Fallout 76 has any impact on the broader Fallout timeline.

• Locked thread