Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

What Remains of Edith Finch, except at the end she just gets backstabbed by an invader that was disguised a random urn.

Firewatch except at the end you can chose to plunge the world into eternal dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ah good there is an E3 chat thread already

RAGE 2's preview trailer leaked, and is being actively pulled

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/995911595195691008

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well that seems really silly.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Barudak posted:

Firewatch except at the end you can chose to plunge the world into eternal dark

Ahh the Alan Wake plot line.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
s l e e p i n g d o g s 2

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

John Romero posted:

s l e e p i n g d o g s 2

sleepier dogs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

Really looking forward to From's new walking sim on depression and budding queer romance.

id unironically play this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i didnt buy Rage and i probably wont' buy Rage 2

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Bought Rage on Day 1, couldn't get it to run on my PC without the textures glitching the hell out.

The joke is on me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rage was.. OK. It wanted to be this weird combo of Doom + Fallout, and from memory Carmack had a hardon for the Mega-Texturing tech brought over and improved upon from Quake Wars.

It'll be interesting to see what Rage 2 is, but I think they're just trying to force a franchise to happen.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The shooting was good, or so everyone keeps telling me, but from what I remember the level design was mostly just linear corridors, there weren't actually that many functionally different/interesting weapons or enemies, its RPG and crafting mechanics were surface level, and the open world didn't need to exist.

Second time's the charm?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Infinitum posted:

It'll be interesting to see what Rage 2 is, but I think they're just trying to force a franchise to happen.

I’m going to be optimistic and say they’ve learned their lessons, and actually give this one a beginning middle and end, and it’s going to play like DOOM, and we’ll all be happy.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Also Rebellion isn’t the developer for Rage 2, it’s Avalanche.

Y’know, the Just Cause and Mad Max guys.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

Hmm ok I am kinda getting optimistic again. Open world + post apocalyptic it seems they will have lots of experience to make this into a great game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

Oh. This could be dope as hell then.

Just Cause 4 was leaked as well, so this could be interesting.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Oh. This could be dope as hell then.

Just Cause 4 was leaked as well, so this could be interesting.

Avalanche does have a studio in Sweden and New York so maybe they are developing both these games.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Ulio posted:

Avalanche does have a studio in Sweden and New York so maybe they are developing both these games.

Yea they developed Mad Max and Just Cause 3 at the same time

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I thought RAGE was going to be some sort of grittier, cool cousin of Borderlands with a more serious tone and over-the top violence.

It was a solid "meh," wonder if the sequel will be what the first wasn't.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Avalanche completely hosed Just Cause 3 with its No Fun Allowed bullshit and dogshit framerate issues on consoles so I have Zero confidence in them once again half-assing two games at once. Christ just make one great game instead of 2 mediocre ones

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rage 2 looks like it's at least trying to have fun, but I can't get excited for a sequel to Rage.

At least Id isn't making it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I hope just cause 4 can manage better than 3 frames per second on the ps4

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I was very disappointed with Just Cause 3 so I'm hoping they get their poo poo together this time

slev
Apr 6, 2009

How many battle royale games can I expect to be announced

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

slev posted:

so many

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

slev posted:

100 battle royale games fall out of the back of a convention center

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hey guys are you ready to get loving MEME'd?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7eXH25_KC0

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Roth posted:

Rage 2 looks like it's at least trying to have fun, but I can't get excited for a sequel to Rage.

At least Id isn't making it.

The only way to be successful at hyping this game is to be completely forthcoming on how mediocre the first was and why you're better now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Infinitum posted:

Hey guys are you ready to get loving MEME'd?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7eXH25_KC0

Rage 2 vs. Borderlands 3 will be an amazing year

Edit: For memes, specifically

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 14, 2018

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Rage 2 vs. Borderlands 3 will be an amazing year

Let's have a 100 meter dash where one person starts at the 50 meter mark and the other is 25 meters behind the starting line.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I thought Rage was the game I vaguely remember a GiantBomb quick look where they couldn't fly a helicopter, but I looked it up and apparently that was a game called Ravaged? So I now have no recollection of either Rage nor Ravaged.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
All these BR games are gonna be announced just to be stillborn in 2020 when everyone's sunk cost in Fortnite/PUBG and won't change games. This happened with MOBAs just a couple years ago.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Let's have a 100 meter dash where one person starts at the 50 meter mark and the other is 25 meters behind the starting line.

Hopefully Rage 2 will at least be better than the shitheap that is Borderlands though.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pirate Jet posted:

nice. gameplay hits tomorrow. may very well buy. doom plus mad max looks awsome.

Steve2911 posted:

Hopefully Rage 2 will at least be better than the shitheap that is Borderlands though.

thats not exactly hard.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Twist And Pout! posted:

All these BR games are gonna be announced just to be stillborn in 2020 when everyone's sunk cost in Fortnite/PUBG and won't change games. This happened with MOBAs just a couple years ago.

I'm curious how they're going to differentiate themselves (other than brand name) because I think PUBG and Fortnite are pretty distinct on their own and cater to different audiences. I'm not really sure whats left here that fortnite or pubg can't content-patch in.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Twist And Pout! posted:

I disagree, people are desperate for new BR games - new maps, less janky bullshit, variations on a theme. MOBAs are totally different in terms of investment, most people aren't willing to devote the dozens of hours you need to kind of sort of learn one.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The Walrus posted:

I disagree, people are desperate for new BR games - new maps, less janky bullshit, variations on a theme. MOBAs are totally different in terms of investment, most people aren't willing to devote the dozens of hours you need to kind of sort of learn one.

i disagree with your disagreement

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Walrus posted:

people are desperate for new BR games

Really?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

among their active players yeah. I don't know anyone playing PUBG that wouldn't love a viable alternative. Bluehole have proven they have no idea how to make games. Fortite is fun and very well made but scratches a totally different itch.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

PUBG remains a janky mess (aside from the mobile port, Tencent's doing a good job) and it's impossible to be good at fortnite without getting good at building, which not everyone wants in a shooter. I think there's still a fair amount of unmet desire but maybe I'm projecting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'm desperate for new BR games... to fail and the fad be over ASAP

Edit: Radical Heights just crashed and burned, it begins

• Locked thread