Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nail Rat posted:

I just want UN Squadron 2 is that so much to ask?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev1rgJm6uWw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Bring

Back

Jumping

Flash

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah but a gritty violent reboot where Jumping Flash does war crimes

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

homeless snail posted:

Yeah but a gritty violent reboot where Jumping Flash does war crimes

The trailer will be set to a downtempo, moody cover of jumping jack flash

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

FanaticalMilk posted:

EA just bought Respawn wholesale, there is no way they are making another competitor to their own product when they now have Titanfall, Battlefield, and Battlefront all vying for a similar audience.

EA dropped Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 within a week of each other. I agree with you though, it doesn't seem likely although they have said the franchise isn't dead. Enough time has passed since the last one that I think people would give it a fair shake. Also, if you drop it outside the traditionally crowded Sept-Dec window, I think it would have a legitimate shot. Again this is my longshot hope because I really love the series.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Overbite posted:

Bring

Back

Jumping

Flash

gently caress

Yeah

!

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Alright UN Squadrion 3 then, a 1990 arcade game isn't really what I'm looking for here.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Overbite posted:

Bring

Back

Jumping

Flash

I say this every E3 and it never happens. PSVR plz.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nail Rat posted:

Alright UN Squadrion 3 then, a 1990 arcade game isn't really what I'm looking for here.

Then what's the point?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

announce Elder Scrolls 6: Skyrim 2, Bethesda goddamnit. Todd Howard more like Todd Coward

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Todd Howard will announce Skyrim is now playable on compatible Samsung fridges and youll like it.

They are hiring though for a project that they wont reveal what it is to new candidates until E3, so get ready for a surprise announcement of home console that can only play Skyrim.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Sakurazuka posted:

Then what's the point?

I dunno, a sidescrolling game with updated graphics and online multiplayer? Not sure what's so hard to understand there

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

announce Elder Scrolls 6: Skyrim 2, Bethesda goddamnit. Todd Howard more like Todd Coward

There is gonna be a new RPG by Bethesda for sure. The "leaks"/rumors say it is a sci fi game called Starfield. Either way a Bethesda RPG I am in. Hopefully they don't go in Fallout 4's direction but with mods these games are always a blast.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Starfield rumor was around last year too and it sounds weird, like "No Man's Sky (but in Bethesda's Fallout Universe)" sounds like a strange proposition for what's supposed to be a quirky mid-1900s themed sci-fi series.

But hey don't worry guys, you'll get to see a new ES thing at E3 for sure! It's TESO Summerset, sorry.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

FanaticalMilk posted:

I think the Giant Bomb guys said that it seems like they type of game a lot of people want out of Destiny is a full-priced game that also has a monthly subscription. Or rather, that a version of Destiny 2 that had the post-launch support people wanted out of it would require that type of business model to be sustainable. And considering FFXIV seems to be the only game, let alone MMO, that is currently sustaining that business model, I imagine Bungie/Activision getting people to swallow that pill would be nigh impossible.

Well, and WoW. Maybe they can try to mooch talent off Blizzard and take another swing at titan.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Policenaut posted:

The Starfield rumor was around last year too and it sounds weird, like "No Man's Sky (but in Bethesda's Fallout Universe)" sounds like a strange proposition for what's supposed to be a quirky mid-1900s themed sci-fi series.

But hey don't worry guys, you'll get to see a new ES thing at E3 for sure! It's TESO Summerset, sorry.

I am pretty sure the rumors are true. Todd Howard or Pete Hines said they didn't want Bethesda to be just Fallout/TES studio and they have multiple teams so I am sure one of them is working the next TES.

Potentially 2 big RPGS will be revealed this E3 with CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk also rumored to be at E3 and Bethesda next RPG.

I am also really interested in seeing Monster Hunter World for PC and a solid release date. A new DMC/capcom game would also be great and whatever Fromsoft is making.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Nail Rat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReHVAlEU3UQ

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Cuntellectual posted:

Well, and WoW. Maybe they can try to mooch talent off Blizzard and take another swing at titan.

Oh, really, for some reason I thought WoW had moved over entirely to a F2P model by this point.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

FanaticalMilk posted:

Oh, really, for some reason I thought WoW had moved over entirely to a F2P model by this point.

No. You can play for free but only with a level 20 cap and a pile of other restrictions including limited ability to interact with others and a low money cap, to prevent free accounts being used for shady things.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

univbee posted:

No. You can play for free but only with a level 20 cap and a pile of other restrictions including limited ability to interact with others and a low money cap, to prevent free accounts being used for shady things.

Ahh gotcha, for some reason I thought everything in the base game was free, and you could paid a monthly fee to get the equivalent of a premium account or something.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Every year it feels like E3 is less and less relevant, and my biggest surprise is that Nintendo of all companies was the first one to realize they could just announce stuff when they felt like it via streaming. My second biggest surprise is that Sony + Microsoft haven't followed their lead and abandoned this increasingly obsolete garbage pile of hype and false dreams.

Why does it continue to live?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

the Orb of Zot posted:

Every year it feels like E3 is less and less relevant, and my biggest surprise is that Nintendo of all companies was the first one to realize they could just announce stuff when they felt like it via streaming. My second biggest surprise is that Sony + Microsoft haven't followed their lead and abandoned this increasingly obsolete garbage pile of hype and false dreams.

Turn your monitor on.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
My e3 Predictions:

1.) Battle Royale everywhere

2.) More mobile games featured in conferences

3.) EA promises they learned from the last Battlefront game's mistakes and the next one will be better

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
My e3 predictions:

There will be approximately 50: "TOP TEN E3 2018 COSPLAYS SO FAR" articles halfway through the first day.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

the Orb of Zot posted:

E3 is still as important as it ever was. The only thing that reduces its relevance is the abundance of pre-E3 "leaks" from companies trying to generate hype for themselves before the conferences play out.

If anything surprises me about Sony and Microsoft (or at least Ubi since they actually make their own games), it's that they haven't tried to ape Nintendo's Tree House streams. Just sitting around, playing, and talking about the titles on the show floor while simultaneously making minor announcements for titles not discussed prior makes for some really good watching and people eat up all that new footage of games they're looking forward to. I know I speak for a lot of people when I say I'd rather watch someone screw up playing Yoshi just to show how the game actually plays instead of watching scripted actors pretend that anyone anywhere is going to play Rainbow Six like a serious, tactical team.

Perhaps E3 has lost some luster now that it's more of a showcase than a Christmas morning full of secrets to unwrap, but it's still entertaining in numerous ways; both legitimate and ironic. Sadly, I don't think anything will live up to Konami 2010 ever again, but I'll keep watching.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 4, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

the Orb of Zot posted:

I feel like people say this about E3 every year. E3 is in no danger of going away, and Sony still tries to do big announcements or at least hype poo poo up and their conference. I enjoy watching Ubisoft's and Microsoft at least will get some glimpses of indies that the other shows don't. And Nintendo, despite announcing stuff ahead of time, always has awesome stuff to show. At least lately anyway. Smash is gonna be absolutely huge and they're showing it all off at E3, not some other event.

E3 is still a big deal, I really don't feel like it's become less relevant at all. I feel like maybe there was a period before streaming became a really big thing where E3 started to feel like it was losing its relevancy, especially with things like PAX becoming so big. But now that you can easily stream all the conferences I think E3 is as big as ever. Plus I think you have a large amount of people that just want to see what a trainwreck the conferences can be (look at that Assassin's Creed debacle from last year) so you have both sides interested in E3

Suspicious Cook posted:

If anything surprises me about Sony and Microsoft, it's that they haven't tried to ape Nintendo's Tree House streams.

Yeah I am honestly SHOCKED they haven't just copied this wholesale. The Treehouse is brilliant but then again, a lot of the non-Nintendo announcements don't have much gameplay to show in the first place, so I guess Sony and Microsoft figure there's no point.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 4, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

E3's profile was down for a few years and then it resurged bigly. Most unannounced and/or highly anticipated projects that aren't from megastudios like Blizzard get infodumped that week.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm just here to see if Jon Carnage kills himself trying to set some kind of terrible E3 Live Show record.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I feel like e3 will remain huge because it's been the main industry conference for so long. Like, I get the impression it's the only time when all the major developers are in the same place and a lot of discussions happen behind the scenes. So even if consumers feel like it has a diminished role, there's still a use for it in the industry.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

E3's profile was down for a few years and then it resurged bigly. Most unannounced and/or highly anticipated projects that aren't from megastudios like Blizzard get infodumped that week.

E3 2015 and 2016 for Sony were tremendous at the very least. Nintendo doing their own doesn't reduce E3's importance either, otherwise why would they still choose to release a Direct the same week as everyone else's thing. But I do still want other companies to mimic the Treehouse segments of in-depth gameplay for upcoming projects.

Media for games in terms of E3 has been mainly better, as evidenced by not much being too embarrassing last year other than the pitiful Microsoft show and awkward PC showcase. Even the Game Awards fully matured into a better show in 2017 because we didn't even get a Crowbcat video for it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol the game awards still suck, they were just too boring to mock.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I thought the VG BAFTAs were cool to watch this year since they treated games like any other entertainment medium rather than embarrassing hobby (which it is but you don't always have to acknowledge it).

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

I don't think they've made the comic since the late 80's and it wasn't hugely popular even then.

So, don't hold your breath for a new sequel.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

DLC Inc posted:

Even the Game Awards fully matured into a better show

Okay, but I still remember the winners of each award being painted on to naked women they trotted out on stage. The VGAs had nowhere to go but up, so I can't give them much credit for simply not being total garbage.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Suspicious Cook posted:

Okay, but I still remember the winners of each award being painted on to naked women they trotted out on stage. The VGAs had nowhere to go but up, so I can't give them much credit for simply not being total garbage.

The Keighleys were way better when they were total garbage instead of just boring

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Andrast posted:

The Keighleys were way better when they were total garbage instead of just boring

I will say his tear-filled award given to Kojima was laughable, I don't understand how or why he loves him so much

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I think E3 will keep pulling its weight because it's basically a cultural event at this point. A lot of gamers tune in to watch it, even through Giantbomb's stream and stuff to see their take on things, to either mock the show or have a glimpse of the best-of things they're revealing and what have you. For me it also always falls in the exams period, but late at night, so it's a thing to look forward to after studying all day and streaming it with my friends on the background until I go to sleep.

I don't know if it's profitable for the people organizing it, but... It has serious brand recognition.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I wager we'll see Borderlands 3, release sometime 2019, hopefully not as mmo but 4 player coop; The Division 2, release date late 2019; lots of Battle royal crap, and hopefully a new SP Elder Scrolls (not likely, add ons for the MMO rather)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

DLC Inc posted:

I will say his tear-filled award given to Kojima was laughable, I don't understand how or why he loves him so much

"Friends with Kojima" is Keighley's only other distinguishing feature aside from "Doritos Pope" so he takes it very very seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hopper posted:

I wager we'll see Borderlands 3, release sometime 2019, hopefully not as mmo but 4 player coop; The Division 2, release date late 2019; lots of Battle royal crap, and hopefully a new SP Elder Scrolls (not likely, add ons for the MMO rather)

Randy Pitchford sweating and smiling nervously as he announced Borderlands 3 at a small event years back was funny as gently caress, it was not long after Battleborne completely poo poo itself

• Locked thread