Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

where's that guy that didnt want to play it because it was in west virginia

he gets to nuke west virginia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Poniard posted:

where's that guy that didnt want to play it because it was in west virginia

he gets to nuke west virginia

How can you tell???

But seriously it looked like nuke codes just let you blow up predetermined areas so theyre they dullest nukes since Call of Duty’s I win now

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pikavangelist posted:

I guess that's one way to make sure nothing that happens in Fallout 76 has any impact on the broader Fallout timeline.

Oh no, not that precious Fallout continuity we all love and crave!!!!

frugalmaster
Jun 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

Fallout 3 is really really old too?

E: Its loving 10 years old

Jesus christ i'm old.

But I was referring to System Shock.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Barudak posted:

Im gonna be surprisingly fair to todd, for the most part hes not blatantly saying false things he simply leaving room in his sentences for your imagination to run wilder than what final delivery will be. Read at face value, most of his statements are true but its in the implications you add that he gets you

The technical term for this is”No Man’s Lie”

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MlNWYyVdh0

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Barudak posted:

How can you tell???

But seriously it looked like nuke codes just let you blow up predetermined areas so theyre they dullest nukes since Call of Duty’s I win now

Looks like it's targeting landmarks, which is pretty reasonable. There's almost guaranteed to be some players setting up their homes around a few of them out of convenience.

Pikavangelist posted:

I guess that's one way to make sure nothing that happens in Fallout 76 has any impact on the broader Fallout timeline.

I'm actually feeling better about Fallout 76 because of this after seeing the livestream. It doesn't out-rule future single-player Fallout games, and they're just trying to sell it as a fun side-game rather than a reboot of the timeline.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So like wtf are there even quests in the new Fallout like what the hell do you even do

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

teamkill your buddies for their stuff

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The REAL Goobusters posted:

So like wtf are there even quests in the new Fallout like what the hell do you even do

It has quests, but the general gist they want is that instead of random raiders you're gonna run into other players and their settlements.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If I had to guess they give you materials, blueprints, and whatever that currency they showed off is.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

shoot stuff, build stuff, find new stuff to shoot with / new stuff to build with

that...that might be it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Elder Scrolls: Blades looks like the kind of game you'd see in the background of a cheap TV show that could only license a console as a prop and not a game for it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Elder Scrolls: Blades looks like the kind of game you'd see in the background of a cheap TV show that could only license a console as a prop and not a game for it.

But it has the super fun blade combat from Skyward Sword

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Bethesda games look like the kind of games you'd see in the background of a cheap TV show that could only license a console as a prop and not a game for it.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Barudak posted:

But it has the super fun blade combat from Skyward Sword

Probably more controllable.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:eyepop: that perfectly explains how I felt looking at it

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnEW6dX_BmU

This reminded me of that South Park episode where Cartman thought Kyle had stolen the picture where he was sucking Butter's dick so he tried to outgambit him by showing the picture to the classroom first.

I mean sure, it was funny when they made jokes about themselves regarding Oblivion's Horse Armor DLC, but they've been shamelessly rereleasing, repacking and porting Skyrim to all your household devices for the past 7 years so this joke came a little bit too late to be funny.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Did we already know Activision is publishing the new FromSoft game?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Chill Penguin posted:

yeah, their logo popped up after from software during the reveal trailer

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chill Penguin posted:

Maybe just in the west

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i wonder if it will be on the battle.net launcher for pc

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Brother Entropy posted:

yeah, their logo popped up after from software during the reveal trailer

I'm talking about before the game was revealed today

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chill Penguin posted:

Not i

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Chill Penguin posted:

oh then no, i don't think so

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i wonder if it will be on the battle.net launcher for pc

Lmao that makes me notice the call of duty black ops 4 icon that just appeared on the battle.net launcher for pc

Its purely a permanent ad asking you to buy the game. You can't remove it.

gently caress you activation.

Even goddamn EA's Origin doesn't do poo poo that evil. Ubisoft's Uplay doesn't pull that poo poo.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Every other game on the Battle.net launcher is also there all the time, regardless of if you own it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I love 80s pop but could you imagine having to listen to You Spin Me Round 51 times in a row?

You mean you don't do that already?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Draxion posted:

Every other game on the Battle.net launcher is also there all the time, regardless of if you own it.

It's getting to the point where they might have to change that. The interface will get too cluttered with more than a handful of selections.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just wish Iwata was still alive so we could see him and Reggie fight again like they did in 2014 :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NcDZmmu9FM

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Draxion posted:

That made a lot more sense when Blizzard had about 4-5 games that were all huge tentpoles that everyone with the launcher owned anyway.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Rinkles posted:

It's getting to the point where they might have to change that. The interface will get too cluttered with more than a handful of selections.

Oh I agree, and it probably will change within the next year if another couple Activision titles are there instead of Steam. But right now it's just following the same standard as the rest of them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Okay well so far I am hype for the next Life is Strange thing, the next Tomb Raider thing, and the next DOOM thing. Cyberpunk 2077 might be cool too but it will probably never come out. I also liked that game concept about loneliness at the EA presentation which I am now calling Sad Row of the Colossus. Everything else is all right.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I also liked that game concept about loneliness at the EA presentation which I am now calling Sad Row of the Colossus. Everything else is all right.

“Each man is an island unto itself" - Strangman”
― J.G. Ballard, The Drowned World

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Drowned_World

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Your Computer posted:

I thought you New Vegas fanatics were a meme but here you are

Pretty sure there are both good and bad games, and Fallout 3 and 4 were bad games whereas NV was not.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Raged posted:

Lots of people crying about 76 saying it ruins what was good in 3 & 4.

They keep forgetting 3 & 4 were trash

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It must be mentally exhausting to just reflexively hate on everything you see instead of thinking "oh wow, this sure is a video game and video games are cool."

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

We will probably never get another game like NV.

The average Fallout game, care about the story about has much the average player. And is written like a single episode of Firefly.

NV was written like every small town was a episode of Firefly. With interesting characters and interesting stories.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

It must be mentally exhausting to just reflexively hate on everything you see instead of thinking "oh wow, this sure is a video game and video games are cool."
having thoughts and opinions about things is for losers you're right, real gamers stare slack jawed at their television and are unable to form coherent thoughts because their brains have terri schiavo'd in their skulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Being profoundly negative about everything is no more intelligent than just reserving judgment and moving on with your life.

• Locked thread