Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
It's going to be hilarious if Death Stranding is another nothing trailer all of gaming gets mega hype over for four months straight.

I hope Naughty Dog's new game is something completely off the wall for them like how Guerilla Games somehow made the worst sci-fi FPS ever over and over again but then came out of nowhere with Horizon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Mordja posted:

I think there's a rumor that Rebellion, of all people, is the dev.

Oh God. :(

It's funny I actually like Rebellion but video games aren't really their main thing (owning 2000 AD is) and with the exception of Sniper Elite their past few games were less their own thing and more near shovelware crap they came on to finish up and get releasable. Hoping this is closer in quality to AvP99 and Sniper Elite than it is to Rogue Warrior, Shellshock 2: Blood Trailers, or Neverdead.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Mad Max, the movie series, works because it plays the insanity completely straight.

Rage 2 looks like it might lean too hard into the wacky lets-go-memeing side of things and the announce trailer doesn't fill me with confidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7eXH25_KC0

Hopefully they'll have a nice long gameplay demo during E3, but I feel it's gonna be an uphill battle to convince people that this isn't just Borderlands-but-less-colourful

We've just come full circle from how Borderlands 1 began life as the lame ripoff of the then soon to be released Rage but then beat it to the punch with their ripped off artstyle and meme-itude.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Platinum's got a pretty good track record of showing a game and then actually releasing the game right
Gotta wonder why square enix works with them

I mean after Scalebound got canned Square realized they'd be in good company.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

FMV games are back in style and are actually good. Don't know about this one though.

I keep hoping this somehow results in the PSX FMV game Alive being re-released because God drat that game is a great FMV game. It's got car chases, tons of shootings/shootouts with squibs both of the real and of the exaggerated digital kind, near future dystopian setting, folks getting owned/buildings burning up, lots of location shooting, really good direction (by FMV game standards) it's kind of nuts how ambitious it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XCvBYCffVc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

univbee posted:

Correct, and just of indie games. I think their highest-profile release has been Thimbleweed Park or something to that effect.

Shovel Knight and Retro City Rampage were handled outside of LR, at least RCR is a lot more available than anything in LR's catalog.

I did get Ys Origin when they did that because I hadn't picked up the digital version yet and how often does the good Falcom stuff actually come out in the US at all. I mean poo poo man, it's Ys.

Everything else they've done though it's just, like, a game I either played and was done with a while ago or couldn't care less about.

• Locked thread