Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
It's showing as unavailable here. What is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Nice! Thanks.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
The big issue with Popcap is that pre-EA, they had become a mid-tier publisher of indie games as well, and it looks like the EA deal put a screeching halt to that, to the point that you realize how little their in-house team actually did*. The company's webpage only lists 5 series now: Peggle, PvZ, Zuma, Bejeweled, and Bookworm... and then you look and realize they're either due for a new wave of games, or completely dead, because all their post-EA stuff came in two waves, one in 2014, and one in 2016.

Anyway I've spent way too much time on this because I tried tracking down who did some of the smaller games they used to do that are now fuckin' dead and that sucked.

* I presume? I legitimately have no idea why you would not list your products as part of your catalog, but a not-tiny amount of these are still on sale on Steam, so...

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

exquisite tea posted:

The new Tomb Raider made a larger percentage of its budget back than the original film despite being a more modest hit overall. Believe it or not the 2001 movie was a $200 million production.

Well yeah, they had to invent a minidisc robot that also did combat.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Accordion Man posted:

Bullshit, it should be Gex and Bubsy.

Bubsy already got his reboot, let the lizards have their turn.

(I would legit play Gex x Croc)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Woof. https://twitter.com/plante/status/1006336108160901120

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Raged posted:

I really think we are going to see what happens when Kojima doesn't have someone controlling him and it may not be pretty. Hope I'm wrong.

I kinda feel Fauxtaku got this in one:

https://twitter.com/Fauxtaku/status/1006355764984844288

• Locked thread