Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The 2 hour ms show is gonna be 3rd party town. There was that leak 2 months ago about like a dozen games they bought marketing rights to, from cyberpunk, borderlands, splinter cell, etc.

That plus the move to a new venue for the show seems like pretense for the dramatically reduced show floor presence ms has as they continue to fail to make any games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Suspicious Cook posted:

Nothing's going to lead to more Xbox sales if they continue the model of "Windows 10 also gets everything." Why buy Microsoft's console when you can just plug a controller into your computer and get the same thing?

I'm not complaining, of course, but it is a curious business choice. When the PS4 competes technologically and the Switch offers a different experience, Xbox needs something to set it apart and offering its "exclusives" on a different platform isn't doing it any favors.

The only way xbox can differentiate now imo short of somehow putting together a half dozen world class studios and cranking out hits (unlikely and hard) would be to go full pc integration and try and pull off the failed steam machine dream.

make a future xbox into a standardized cheap pc system on a chip, ms can beat the power/price of making your own lovely entry level pc anyway

They'd have to Raise the white flag to valve and let steam and other storefronts run on the console tho (xblg membership required of course) cause windows store is loving garbo nobody would ever use. So thats never gonna happen

and theyd probably also need to let foreign companies make xbox compatible machines in their markets cause microsoft has loving failed at penetrating asia and europe on their own.

Welp thats my totally unrealistic idea to make xbox a viable brand outside of the us and uk. Its basically just a modern version of what they did with the msx is the 80s tho so its probably dumb. Thanks for reading.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thanks limacat

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ChickenHeart posted:

On other speculation topics, did anything ever surface regarding that Resident Evil 2 remake that Capcom may-or-may not be working on? The last time I checked the project changed from an RE1-style, tank-controls-and-fixed-camera approach to a higher-budget, RE4-6-style reimagining, but not much else.

No.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im confused is it like a pokemon remake? With different gameplay?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gotta be honest it looks and sounds extremely bad unless you love the mobile game maybe?

Like half the trailer is for a keychain

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

It's a remake of Pokemon Yellow but with some stuff changed.

Keychain integration greatly improved

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

That bethedsa stream will go until e3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Suspicious Cook posted:

Turns out Bethesda was just excited about Pokemon Let's Go the whole time.

If it's as good as All Stars Racing Transformed, I'm sold. Otherwise, I already own Mario Kart 8 and am looking forward to the mythical F-Zero Fox Rammers.

It wont have kiryu so no buy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Is there still time to release a Fallout themed ripoff of Overwatch or is it all Battle Royale ripoffs now?

A hero battle royale will happen sooner than later

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Raged posted:

I used to love fallout. 1 & 2 were awesome when they came out. New Vegas was right up there too. However 3&4 are just poo poo and it’s sad that the poo poo streak is going to continue with 75.

They just feel so drat soulless

They are all oblivion with guns

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

Why is every prime X1X game delayed so much? Sea of Thieves took like 3 years to finally get a release after like probably 5 of development. Scalebound was also pushed a long time until it finally died on the road.

State of decay 2 just launched with only one or two major new features after 5 years of dev wasted switching engines.

Ms is real bad at managing studios both internal and external.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anthem will launch half done to boost year end profits and bioware closed by fall

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I thought it was already pushed to spring 19?

Yep thats year end for ea's financials

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

So, this new Fallout thing is some kind of online game? Wasn't Bethesda the studio that was saying just a little while ago how committed they are to single-player? What happened to that?

They have elder scrolls online for like 3 years

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I think there's kind of a big difference between saying "We're gonna save single-player guys :downs:" when you already have a MMO going, versus saying that and then less then six months later announcing that the next entry to one of your biggest franchises is going to be online-only.

They released 3 or 4 big sp only games last year as a publisher. Also todd howard is a huge liar so hes prob just lying

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well after the miscarriage that was Andromeda, its kinda understandable.

Andromeda was their former dlc content farm being given a budget and wasting it all for 2 years, throwing everything away and getting worked like slaves for 15 months to turn something out.

Anthem is gonna be the A team falling on their face

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Popcap is dead afaik

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

it takes real talent to acquire a developer known for making casual addictive flash games long before the exponential rise of smartphone mobile gaming and then run it directly face first into the ground during that incredible popularity explosion

They should have made bookworm into the team fortress clone imho.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The war table mobile game poo poo was a bummer.
The lip sync was also real bad for a company that is supposed to be at the forefront of character dialog

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

That list is super fake. The greek asscreed has been rumored since origins launch. LIkely more of a conversion like rogue was than a full fledged new game but we'll know when we get a date

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ulio posted:

Ya I didn't buy it(Origins) on release because of the performance but if I remember correctly in the steam thread people said it was pretty much completely fixed.

I just hope there is a leak for the new From game and that it isn't a sony exclusive.

If you mean shadows die twice from the game awards i dont see any chance its exclusive. If it was sony would be extremely proud to tell you so.

There might be other exclusive from projects tho

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

J-Spot posted:

To be fair they're the only companies with anything worth leaking. Sony and Square-Enix announce everything early then leave us all waiting years for the games to actually materialize, EA hasn't produced a game anyone would bother leaking in a generation, and Microsoft... well your games can't leak if you don't develop any.

Xbox announces games all the time... that they have no intention of making

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hamburgers in pockets posted:

What's the over/under on the PS4 version somehow having a Kratos mission

.5 kratos missions

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I would feel bad for bioware if they didnt just make the same bland game for 20 years.

Kill dice next plz

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looks like bioshock but good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just like the gun fondling animations and hyperstyle on everything are extremely irrational gamesish

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The main give away is Death Stranding being there in any capacity besides some sprawling trailerthat reveals nothing about the game

Kojima promises the game will beat the date of the events of the movie akira which take place late in 2019 iirc

So maybe gameplay isnt out of the question. The hard part will be recognizing it as such

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they used too sorta.

that game looks amazing and i can't wait for it.

1 and 2 were good.

Theyre bad shooters and bad immersive sims. Theyre great for art and listening to taped conversations i guess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats why i just went wrench.

Same

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ulio posted:

Ya I think this year we see gameplay and it releases next year Q1.

Q3 id bet. Like early september

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Days gone is supposedly the q1 game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

Yeah it was supposed to be out before E3 this year but presumably something happened to push it to 2019.

Its supposedly completed but it runs at like 10fps based on the demos so its probably getting a ton of contractors hired to work on optimization

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hopper posted:

So my guess is Bordlerands 3 got delayed to 2019 to not lose any sweet money on the Borderlands 1 Remaster? All this remaster business is lazy as hell. We need new games on PC not remasters.

Pcs dying cloud

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

Dragon's Dogma could really benefit from a true HD current gen game and a story/world that isn't so boring I want to shoot my brains out. The combat gameplay of Dragon's Dogma is unmatched and beyond excellent but my god everything else in that game is the biggest slog. Would love for Capcom to farm out some of those ideas to Platinum.

Re release the old game but make trees transparent when grappling monsters. Goty.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Capcom isnt gonna give platnum work that would require admitting capcom misses them unless im forgetting any collaborations

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rumors are xbox show will have gameplay

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Raged posted:

Going to be sad if Cyberpunk 2077 isn't shown. Won't be grumpy at CD Projekt, just sad.

Maybe the Xbox show will be run by volunteers since they replaced their support staff with unpaid volunteers.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/270234-microsoft-replaces-xbox-support-reps-with-unpaid-volunteers

Uhh excuse me those volunteers were paid in kind with free training from the fired staff AND microsoft points so its all cool *closes edge window furiously*

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The prequel backer reward is gonna end up the better game imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Infinity Gaia posted:

This game is incredibly mysterious. That trailer was the first ANYONE had heard of it, the company that's making it seemingly popped up out of nowhere and has all of one other game to their name (a VR game that seems to be a prequel to Atomic Heart) and generally speaking no one knows anything about anything related to it.

Im ready to get scammed

• Locked thread