Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broose
Oct 28, 2007
A bit early, but E3-ish nonetheless.

Starbreeze is having a showcase of what they are publishing tomorrow. May 10. Way to slip up on E3 stuff thread. I thought I could count on you.

quote:

Starting 9am PST / 12pm EST / 6pm CEST, the segments will include features and titles such as:

OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead
Psychonauts 2
System Shock 3
Exclusive PAYDAY 2 announcement
“A Veterans of the Industry” panel featuring Warren Spector, Tim Shafer and Bo Andersson.
RAID: World War II
Deliver Us The Moon
Trailers and unveils
Community interaction and giveaways and more

Players around the world can tune in to the Starbreeze Twitch Stream on May 10: https://www.twitch.tv/starbreeze to follow the event.

SYSTEM SHOCK 3 sounds nice. Maybe they will have something to show now since they were just in pre-production last year apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Evil Within was brought to my attention when someone was doing an LP of it. The first one is pretty cheap and goes on sale fairly often.
Like an actual dog, I also didn't know the second one was ever released until well after the fact, let alone on the PC and not just consoles.

I immensely enjoyed both games. The first had a better atmosphere, and the second polishes the gameplay. I can't recommend the games enough if you liked any third person over the shoulder shooters that have come out since RE4.

I haven't played the first in a few months, but I've had no issues with both games at all on my PC.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
So much regression in everything this year, now games have gone back to announcing 3 years in advance.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

wtf is this?

I have no idea. Nier on Switch?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Twice the amount of sports and ~hololens~

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

VoLaTiLe posted:

Devolver digitals press conference was awesome but I don't think they can repeat it as the jokes done.

Apart from that I really hope there are more gently caress ups, I also hope there ain't too many battle royal games

Clamp your gob, you loving moron! No matter what, it will be a nice break from the canned Blazer and Blue Jeans Sales Pitch we see from everyone.

Also, I could only wish there wouldn't be so many battle royal games, but we all know deep down, if pubg was a year or two earlier, we would have Kinectimals Battle Royal by now. Because nothing that makes that kind of silly money isn't going to be run into the ground by everyone.

I wonder both who the musical guest this year will be and who will have them on stage? Probably Microsoft. Gotta pad out 2 drat hours.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Bumper Stickup posted:

Fallout vault royale. The bombs are dropping and the local vault can only hold so many! Race past the other potential survivors to secure your place in the vault! Or maybe you'd rather procure your spot in a more macabre sort of way.

Be warned that the vault won't close immediately. Potential survivors may try to take your spot in a violent manner! Make sure to grab a means to protect yourself!

Release date this holiday.

Brilliant! Todd, you've done it again!

I eagerly await Cream of Plenty posting news snippets of Todd Howard again.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

This is it. This is the year they bring Rumble Roses back!

Or: "Does a pachinko machine count as a video game?"

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
It just ain't a fightin' game without scantily clad women and bare (sometimes bear) chested men.

I'm surprised DOA 6 is coming to steam. Would have thought that after DOA 5 and how that game has been totally ripped open to the point of importing other game characters into it is able to be done, and the big stink the devs made about modding in the first place.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

It's also heavily suggested that it wouldn't accomplish anything as well, though that isn't the point.

From what I remember from a lets play of it, it was basically just "Hey we got absolutely no idea still what this disease is or how it works, but since she is still alive, lets open her up and see if anything is different and play it by ear from there." It really sounded like Ellie's sacrifice wasn't a cure, but a shot in the dark.

Also seems weird they just jump right to "open her brain up" rather than ya know, biopsy some skin and blood first. But I could just be forgetting that part.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

Where the gently caress is skate loving 4!!!

EA doesn't produce what you WANT. EA produces what you DESERVE.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

that version of the image cut off the best part:

God that extra text just makes it cringe more than funny troll.

Where can I get some on-going coverage of actual stuff rather than bullshit talking heads?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Is there a bethesda only stream like the microsoft one?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Thanks for the links.

Crossing my fingers for a doom5/retard5 announcement.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHo705XNa2I Square Enix stream in about 20 minutes.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Wasn't Ellie infected? That cleared up pretty well from the look of her arms.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I wonder if Mortal Kombat 11 is going to make an appearance on the show floor? Though I would have thought MK would be one of the series that one of the big shows would want to debut so my expectations are low. :(

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Orv posted:

Injustice 2 just came out last year. MK games probably aren't massively labour intensive most years but I wouldn't begin to expect it until next.

Oh, I didn't know that, I was under the impression it was 2 years ago, but I guess all the DLC tripped me up. I don't really pay attention to most fighters other than the casual friendly ones and MK.
Before someone gives me poo poo about me implying MK not being casual, I'm worse than an average garbage player when it comes to fighters. Even Very Easy gives me troubles near the top of the ladders. Least I feel like I am able to chain stuff together in other games just by button mashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
It's the 4th xbox, so industry standard says it must be rebooted.

Remake Xbox. ReBox. wait poo poo.

• Locked thread