Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vakal
May 11, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The reason that C&C Generals 2 died is that EA couldn't figure out how to add in lootboxes without having the pay to win aspect completely destroy any semblance of balance.

I think that if they ever try to resurrect the C&C brand, just ripping off Foxhole and making a huge world where everyone plays a single unit would be pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

univbee posted:

4K remakes of Battletoads, Snake Rattle & Roll and R.C. Pro-Am.

Just sell the Battletoads IP to Rocksteady and make a new game using the arkham knight engine.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

shadows die twice is actually going to be the new armored core taking a really dark turn

lash together your mech out of bone and sinew

I would be down for a video game rendition of "In the Hills, the Cities."

Vakal
May 11, 2008

RottenK posted:

I had a great time with Borderlands 2, and just starded pre-sequel. It seems okay so far, but i'm very early in the game. What's wrong with it?

Not much for level variety. Mostly just moonscape.

Also, very Australian.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Zas posted:

it might be fun but the aesthetics are awfully ehhh

like the stuff in the environments dont seem to fit together and the colors are ugly as heck

It reminds me a lot of Abyss Odyssey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GPPu5vHQnA

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

I remember that tomb raider one. Game sold many millions and was undoubtedly financially profitable, yet it was a "failure" cause it still didn't sell more, and make more yet. I guess you could say it didn't meet projections but their wording on it was pretty rear end backwards.

How did the new Tomb Raider movie do anyway? Square Enix's logo was all over the credits so I assume they put up some cash for it to be made.

I wasn't overly impressed with it, but I feel that if they got a chance to make a sequel without being constrained with having it be a origin story setup that it could be much better.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Larryb posted:

Seriously, I couldn't tell what any of those screenshots had to do with Tetris until I looked at them closer. Not sure what the point of all that is.

I paid $500 for a GTX 1080 video card and I'm going to put that thing under stress on every game it runs, even Tetris god drat it!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

things i hope for this e3.

new bioshock.

some remasters/rereleases of the killzone and resistance trilogy.

that fist of the north star game for the west.

Wolfenstein 2 dlc that isnt outsounrced crap.

anything good/fun.

Just combine them all into a single FPS game where Kenshiro punches alien nazis so hard they explode.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

The Last of Us was not really that good

When Last of Us was first announced I was excited since I figured it was going to be The Road: The Game, with just a father doing anything to keep his child alive in a world gone to ruin.

But instead, yeah, it was basically just Walking Dead with the serial numbers filled off.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'm starting to feel, as if this man Todd might not be the most honest and scrupulous fellow

Lying to increase sales is perfectly fine if the consumer base never learns from it.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I legitimately forgot that they made a Crackdown 2 when I saw the reveal for the new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Did the Prototype games bomb or something? It seems odd that out of all these GTA-alikes that keep getting new entries that Prototype seems to be gone forever.

• Locked thread