Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

This is the first time I'm hearing of an RE2 remake and it's probably got me more excited than anything else that's been rumoured. RE2 was my first Resident Evil, and I played that game back to front. I had the n64 version, which I got for Christmas after being introduced to the PS version at a friend's sleepover.

It is also the source of my oldest surviving internet footprint, the review 11 year old me posted on Gamefaqs. It was the first time I had been asked "Online Alias: _____" and I couldn't think of anything besides putting "star" in front of my name. poo poo yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Sunning posted:

It did fairly mediocre in America but made up for it with a strong overseas performance. The production costs weren't extravagant either.

It also very likely to make more money than Solo internationally. I don't think anyone expected that going into 2018.

It also had Daniel Wu, who is gaining popularity here but he's already really loving popular in China.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Yep enjoyed that

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

The opinion I've seen that the Ellie kiss immediately transitioning into a scene of horrific violence doesn't make much sense/poor taste is ridiculous to me. Like it's a revenge story and couching the motivation behind Ellie's rampage in an embrace just seemed thematically well executed

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Harrow posted:

My left-field prediction is that the girlfriend left to join the religious cult and left the bracelet as a memento or something.

Although before I saw that Ellie was wearing her bracelet, I assumed the gameplay portion was a flashback and not a flash-forward.

If the horrific gameplay was a flashback it kinda wet towels the dramatic irony in "they should be terrified of you" imho

• Locked thread