Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

nopantsjack posted:

loll i wanna be the MS guy who has to give a 2 hour presentation

"uhhhhhhhhhh geeeeeeears?"

there will probably be plenty of multiplatform stuff they paid extra to get on their show just so we can all go 'neat, i'll buy that on something else instead of getting a fuckin xbone'

so yeah cyberpunk will probably be there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

hell, with kh3 happening this year we need a new 'never loving coming out' game

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Roth posted:

We've always had Half-Life 3, and always will.

i'm only counting games that were actually announced

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i didn't even realize there was already a gears 5

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

And yet I feel itll move a million copies first month at least for reasons ill never understand

marketing is a more powerful force than you or i

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

But David Cage has already got the “great start but crashes and burns in the second half” niche filled...

and the niche of bad robot game

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

those halcyon days when batlefront 2 actually seemed cool and would have a better reception than the previous one

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Mircosoft was mad that press was getting to see them get owned by sony within like a 3 hr period and moved to sunday to get a full news cycle of their message.

Ea didnt want to pay esa fees so they made their own e3 with blackjack and lootboxes

it's also probably easier on the journalists who are there to get most of the conferences out of the way by the time the floor opens up and they have to start bouncing from meeting-to-meeting all day

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

holy piss it's almost e3

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

are we still doing that thing where we make separate threads for the actual conferences

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

poo poo for some reason i thought there were more conferences today

now i'll have to like, play video games or something

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

in case you haven't had enough here's another 13 minutes of bioware devs trying and failing to have anything exciting to say about anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N5rw-FTqg8

for people who don't feel like watching what they talk about in the story is how a long time ago there was a lost civilization who left behind amazing technology and now different factions want to find the lost civilization technology. what a great pitch for a sci-fi story!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

all these skate jokes are just gonna lead to a skate mobile announced next year

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

there was a little pop-up in the hud about a world event when the player got near that giant monster, i think it was just them subtly showing off that world events are a thing for a sec before moving on and not an indicator of flight being on-rails

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it's still real surreal to me that anthem is a bioware game, the appeal of their games has almost always been the story and the characters papering over some middling gameplay

and now EA's forcing them to do a multiplayer loot game

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Pakled posted:

If Ubisoft got the Star Wars licence, you could look forward to Generic Ubisoft Open World Game But With A Star Wars Skin every year.

still be an upgrade from where we are now

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Why have I not yet seen any E3 memes?

ea was too boring to even meme

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm okay with this because it means we're all cesar romero

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So everyone is watching the Microsoft conference to see all of the cool new games they’re going to play on the PS4/PC right?

:yeah:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Steve2911 posted:

I feel like I know nothing about it. I mean obviously it's just another Halo game but the trailer could've been for some Halo Wars sequel or another Destiny-esque game - especially with that name.

ehh that was just them doing a 'hey btw we're doing this but it won't be out for awhile' kind of thing, it'll probably be a big part of next year's e3

kinda like what nintendo did with metroid prime 4 last year but not as half-assed

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

Sony will be showing stuff like Call of Duty & Destiny and then all the exclusives will be the same games we've been seeing for years now (Last of Us 2, Days Gone, Spiderman, Death Stranding, Dreams etc.) so I wouldn't expect any surprises or even anything new at Sony's E3 show. I would really like to be wrong but they keep showing the same games each year and they really need to change things up and actually show something new for once rather than games we've already seen at the past 4 or 5 conferences they've done.

Since Shadows Die Twice ended up going multiplat and being at Microsoft's conference I'm hoping that Sony Japan has secretly collaborated with From Software on a new project and we'll get a pleasant surprise.

when you think about it though sony doesn't really need to show off the annual third-party stuff because everyone else already does it for them at other conferences

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gears pop was worth it for the fakeout, that was an incredible troll

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

I wish they'd remove multiplayer gaming from the PS+ paywall as well if all their studios are going to focus on singleplayer games.

i don't see how this follows

sony is still paying to keep servers online whether you're playing one of their games or someone else's

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

I was not terribly hype about the Cyberpunk game I want actual gameplay already!! Also are we really gonna play as that potato-faced ubisoft shootman and not a cool cyborg chick with a laserbow? No thanks!

sounds like there's character customization and it's not a set character like geralt

so hopefully yes, we'll all get to be the cyborg chicks of our dreams

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

The DMC fanbase is making GBS threads their pants in hatred over DMC5 and I legit don't know why. It had everything I wanted from a game that erased the reboot from existence.

kind of an ingrained reflex at this point to assume capcom is loving up one of their franchises until proven otherwise

that being said i really liked the vibe of that trailer

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zedd posted:

That trailer starting with DmC's Donte had me worried, but luckily Nero and the real deal seem to be in it.

that is nero at the start ya fool

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

for real i think the part that sold me the most on the dmc5 trailer was the cheesy song that had to be made for the game once i heard 'you're my devil trigger'

like, yes. you get why devil may cry is fun, you get why bayonetta is fun

(nero's new girlfriend looked cool too)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

That was apparently more Disney's fault than Capcom's.

nah. disney being disney i'm sure didn't help but capcom's been on a real downward trend when it comes to their fighting games

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

Is Kamiya involved with this one? I'm mostly confused by non-nier platinum games but maybe that's a reason for people to get upset

it's not a platinum game

which could potentially be a sign of worry but that trailer has me feeling optimistic

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

you can tell ninja theory isn't doing dmc5 because it looks fun and not concerned with whether or not a character looks gay

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Yeah I'm sure innocent Capcom had no input there.

yes, i agree

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

help, i just keep watching the dmc5 trailer over and over

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

goddamn I remember this. They really had no clue as to why people actually liked DMC.

for awhile capcom was on this real stupid tear of 'let's just give our stuff to western devs and tell them to make it more like what westerners want and then we'll sell millions!'

and then one of their biggest recent hits ends up being monster hunter world, a franchise that's never not japanese as hell in the best possible way

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

but who's the gooder boy

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Lol they are still trotting out Skyrim footage.

footage from a game that came out last year doesn't seem that weird to me

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

where's the bethseda thread todd

where is it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Suspicious Cook posted:

B E T H E S D A

eyes as dead as a bethseda character

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

nice, a bethseda conference where all the worst games are being made by bethseda themselves

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Actually, No Mutants Allowed was right.

hosed up that 'oblivion with guns' was accurate

even more hosed up that 'oblivion with guns' would be more preferable than what they just showed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

So like wtf are there even quests in the new Fallout like what the hell do you even do

shoot stuff, build stuff, find new stuff to shoot with / new stuff to build with

that...that might be it

• Locked thread