Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Bethesda hasn’t really had a decent-selling game since Fallout 4, have they? If they’re not as awful as they probably are, they might understand that the reason their games aren’t selling is because they’re a bad publisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/user/status/994638205109522433

Same shade of pink as used by the official Rage account yesterday. 🤔

Clock is pointing to 5:14. Reveal in four days?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Also Rebellion isn’t the developer for Rage 2, it’s Avalanche.

Y’know, the Just Cause and Mad Max guys.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I hope the host from last year's Devolver conference comes back for this one and just has a bandage or two on her head and they never address it.

Fulchrum posted:

People itt have really bad opinions about the best game ever made.

Yeah, I don't get why everyone's poo poo-talking Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Psychedelicatessen posted:

I don't know what borderlands ripped off,

this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmeP1YkaeTo

Also for what it's worth I actually like the idea of "Destiny but everyone is Iron Man," but there's no way in hell I trust EA and Bioware not to gently caress it up.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The DMC fanbase is making GBS threads their pants in hatred over DMC5 and I legit don't know why. It had everything I wanted from a game that erased the reboot from existence.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite didn't come out too long ago.

That was apparently more Disney's fault than Capcom's.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
You can ride your own rocket arm like a flying skateboard.

How can you be mad at this game? How?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Dias posted:

Also that's Nero it's loving Red Queen and dude has a grapple arm stop weed3ing for a sec.

whoa geez what's the issue pal

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Dias posted:

sometimes...you need to stop the toking and watch the trailers.

edit: it was directed at the other guy, btw

Oh my bad, you're good.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I see. In my defense the character design looks so much like scalebound I think it confused my brain

Yeah, it does remind me quite a bit of Scalebound's look, but I also don't think that's a bad thing. I appear to be the only one who actually likes how scraggly new Dante looks.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

In case you want to watch the worst conference of E3

I present Tiny Build Games

https://youtu.be/cCcpsYWxLZs

These guys WISH they were Devolver, Jesus Christ.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 11, 2018

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Ninja Theory has nothing to do with DMCV.

As the five other posts made right before mine have illustrated. :eng99:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Tei posted:

We will probably never get another game like NV.

The average Fallout game, care about the story about has much the average player. And is written like a single episode of Firefly.

NV was written like every small town was a episode of Firefly. With interesting characters and interesting stories.

New Vegas wasn’t written like Firefly at all because New Vegas was actually good.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Wolfenstein 2 is largely a good game, but it throws a lot of people off because it seriously commits to the idea of being the second in a trilogy, probably to a fault. It’s a sequel-rear end sequel where you don’t get a regular health meter until halfway through the game just because it makes more sense for the story that way, it spends a good chunk of its time setting up Hitler as the villain of the third game at the sacrifice of letting Frau Engel get any real time to shine like she did in The New Order, and the while the revolution is “sparked” by the ending that’s significantly different than actually fighting in the thick of it like the plot was building up to.

It’s still a super fun FPS with some great characters, and I don’t regret a single dime of the $60 I spent on it at launch, so it’s strange to see people trying to claim that it’s an outright bad game or, crazily enough, the worst game in the series.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The Devolver conferences... are good.

Limited Run... is good.

This conference... is not.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I dunno, I’ve been pretty satisfied with this E3 but then again I remember the Dark Ages where all you could expect from the convention was broken motion control demos.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I don't get the Despacito 2 meme can someone explain it to me :(

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Having an E3 that focuses on a much closer look at a smaller amount of games can probably work, but then you'd need to not dedicate 40 of your 70 minutes to moving the entire audience to a new stadium amongst banjo and flute solos.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

Revealing is over

There’ll be announcements over the next two or three days, but nothing particularly momentous. So if you’re hoping for Splinter Cell or Borderlands 3 or whatever Rocksteady’s working on, might wanna slow down.

For example, Insomniac just announced their next project after Spider-Man is a VR game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ak2h3PkY1I

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

I'm sure Borderlands is farther ahead than loving Elder Scrolls 6 but by gum that didn't stop Papa Howard from putting up a chiron

Borderlands 3 was in the Wal-Mart leak but ~*industry rumors*~ are saying that it got a delay in between that leak and E3 itself and that’s the reason it wasn’t shown off. This of course didn’t stop Randy Pitchford from going on Twitter and crying about how the internet lies about everything and you shouldn’t believe E3 leaks despite the fact that Wal-Mart Canada was right about literally everything except for that and Splinter Cell. (I don’t have any sources on what exactly happened with Splinter Cell but I’ve been told it is real and will be announced by the end of the year.)

Elder Scrolls VI was the most pathetic part of E3 this year imo, that poo poo is not coming out until at least 2022 and it says a depressing amount about gamers that they’re excited by a CG landscape and a logo.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I was gonna say you can probably play it on PS5, but I have to wonder if backwards compatibility is dead. Architecture limitations are what stopped current-gen consoles from implementing it at launch, but remasters proved to be such a big business that I have to wonder if they’ll artificially limit it next gen to sell those. Then again, Xbox actually has BC now and it doesn’t seem to have stopped remasters from selling for them?... I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Wait I lied, the most pathetic part of E3 was not nerds having orgasms over a game that doesn’t even have a title yet, but the part where Michel Ancel asked everyone to crowdsource the assets and textures for his game and they’ll maybe pay you if you win lottery odds of actually being put in the game.

• Locked thread