Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

It's the Gosh Darn APOCALYPSE, baby!

WOO!

So where's the death pool for when Nintendo announces Switch Smash as being a port and doesn't say anything about the new Fire Emblem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

haveblue posted:

Anthem is probably being hastily retooled after the loot box backlash and after the game it was supposed to ape (Destiny 2) turned out to be a deeply flawed model.

What was wrong with it? I never paid any attention to destiny 2.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

FanaticalMilk posted:

I think the Giant Bomb guys said that it seems like they type of game a lot of people want out of Destiny is a full-priced game that also has a monthly subscription. Or rather, that a version of Destiny 2 that had the post-launch support people wanted out of it would require that type of business model to be sustainable. And considering FFXIV seems to be the only game, let alone MMO, that is currently sustaining that business model, I imagine Bungie/Activision getting people to swallow that pill would be nigh impossible.

Well, and WoW. Maybe they can try to mooch talent off Blizzard and take another swing at titan.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

I hope Square Enix shows off something about TWEWY for the Switch. We've been left hanging for 6 years!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

Cowcaster posted:

i’d be into a s.t.a.l.k.e.r. battle royale but i’d just rather have a new s.t.a.l.k.e.r. game for real

Isn't that basically escape from tarkov?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

What year was it that devolver had a complete nightmare trip of a show with weird lighting and whatnot?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

Doorknob Slobber posted:

the fallout im least likely to ever purchase remastered

can't wait for brother hood of steel HD!

Policenaut posted:

Devolver's only had the one show and it was last year.

I could have sworn they did things that weren't official shows, like the time they had a trailer in the parking lot.

Lid posted:

Between Mass Effect and Dragon Age and Fallout 4 its increasingly more difficult to play a voiced male PC rather than a voiced female PC as the female voice acting is always better when given the choice in a variable personality. No idea why that only applies to these sorts of games.

Gotta have the male PC be bland so the mostly male audience can self insert, I guess.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at Jun 1, 2018 around 19:49

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

an actual dog posted:

it's gonna be skate 5. they're skipping skate 4 and going straight to 5.

2 + 3 = 5.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

Xbox One (game)

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

CottonWolf posted:

James Gunn wrote Lollipop Chainsaw? That’s amazing.

I remember being confused by it at the time, too.

man nurse posted:

The Last of Us is okay but lol if you rank it as the best game ever made, that's some poo poo

TLoU is one of the most overhyped games ever, along with bioshock infinite.

Pylons posted:

Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly shore—
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night’s Plutonian shore!”
Quoth the Raven “SKATE 4.”

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

Steve2911 posted:

Throwing my TLoU hat into the ring:

If you're only interested in gameplay mechanics then it's "A Good Game" but as a narrative experience it's at least the best of its generation.

The characters aren't very likable, the gameplay absolutely destroys the narrative instead of working with it and the relationship between Joel and Ellie is extremely tired. The whole plot was pretty 'safe'.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at Jun 8, 2018 around 07:04

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

Sakurazuka posted:

Characters don't need to be likeable to be good

No, but I don't find them very interesting, either, and not being likable makes it harder to care about their struggles.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

Hopper posted:

That cold place in your chest with that stone lump... some people have a heart there.

Lisa the Painful is basically the same plot as The Last of Us but told in an infinitely more compelling way.

Steve2911 posted:

opinionman.gif

YMMV but I found Joel and Ellie's relationship compelling. And I don't know how anyone could find them unlikable. And the game's final act was about as unsafe as big budget US of A vidyagames get.

I can take or leave Ellie, whom I mostly found annoying, but Joel is probably the worst person in the game other than the pedophile cannibal dude.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

Steve2911 posted:

Which is sort of the point?

Doesn't change my other points, though.

My biggest complaint is the dissonance between gameplay and narrative. If the gameplay and narrative don't work together, you might as well just have a movie.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

Oxxidation posted:

there's no dissonance between tlou's gameplay and its narrative beyond the fact that joel's forearm is apparently a fully automated tungsten-alloy prosthetic that can crush a throat to bone powder in seconds

What about the fact that you kill about a billion dudes despite supposedly being about the 'last of us'? Naughty Dog isn't some tiny indie dev, it's not like they couldn't have afforded to give the game a slower pace and improved enemy AI or added elements of needing to intimidate enemies to save resources instead of just gunning down waves of dudes who charge in like they've been waiting all day for this.

It's not wrong to like it or anything, but it gets way too much praise heaped on it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

Rarity posted:

Come on you bastards, give us Duke Nukem Forever 2. We're due.

Can you believe that female duke nukem knockoff is getting another game?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

Orv posted:

"It's really cool, the team took inspiration from exotic dancers, so she has this really cool spinning attack where she's spinning with her knees..."

God bless you, you loving idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bITYFB6ASno

Lords of the Fallen in good company.

Code Vein is going to rule. This is my hope, and belief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You see this post?

WOO!

Cultural Marxist posted:

Are we going to take guesses on how many of Microsoft’s “15 world exclusives” are going to be on PS4 as well? I’ll bid at least 10.

• Locked thread