Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/Terak404/status/1001330819863019521

dark fantasy world resembling ancient japan you say :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fulchrum posted:

Considering it's widely seen as the greatest ending to a videogame ever done, if you're calling it unsatisfying you might need to be a lot more specific.

Snake Eater, Deak

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fulchrum posted:

You do remember that that ending still includes about ten minutes of EVA giving unskippable exposition about how she's a Chinese spy, that literally has no effect on anything else in the MGS universe, right?

Your example was Strider, because it involves doing some dumb power fantasy "awesome" thing. From your other examples, it has nothing to do with emotional connection, and everything to do with it being something random.

I do indeed remember the disparate components of the greatest ending to a videogame ever done, Deak

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
I hope Microsoft brings another car onstage and Phil Spencer just does donuts with it for two hours while screaming THIS THING IS A MONSTER

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
the best crash game is the 30 second interlude elena made me play during uncharted 4. good day to you all.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
this is it boys. THIS is the year of Skyrim

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Detective No. 27 posted:

That lizard guy is like two degrees away from being a Halo Elite.

'twas clearly a Bangaa

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

halo 5 in general is an error

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

GreatGreen posted:

Ok I'll stop loving around and try to clear my name here. It was fun for the first few pages but I'm actually being labeled a homophobe now and I don't like that.

Legitimately, I'm cool with all types of sexuality. I read a quote saying "Pretty much. The in your face 'She's a LESBIAN guys.' was just way too much. We get it. You don't have to put it literally in our face." and I took that to mean "it's a tactical move by a company to reel in the LGBTQ crowd and it's a bit of an obvious marketing move, guys." Maybe I gave that post too much credit, maybe I didn't.

After that, somebody said "lol lesbians make me uncomfortable too because two girls kissing is against gods will" as a response. I read that as somebody immediately getting labeled as a homophobe instead of what I thoguht they actually said. Maybe I'm tired and took that too seriously also, which was probably a mistake on this comedy website. What can I say, I've been reading a lot about these kinds of arguments lately. Reading this thread back now, I probably misinterpreted. It sounded sincere to me at the time.

Anyway, sorry for causing such a stir everybody. I'm going to bed. I'm delirious and have stayed up way too late because of this horrible, horrible Sony show.

I believe you, guy who coincidentally also had a meltdown about how the FF15 boys looked too faggy

• Locked thread