Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
That's okay, because Arkane is totally going to make it instead.

If only. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

Makes sense. Why would Obsidian want to go back to this janky mess when they're doing well with Pillars of Eternity.
They've also been working on a new game alongside PoE2 that they've been tight-lipped about. Hopefully they announce it at E3.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Quest For Glory II posted:

What outside devs would be a good fit for Fallout anyway, if not Obsidian

CD Projekt Red is too busy with Cyberpunk
Avalanche is doing RAGE
Machinegames is probably doing Wolf 2 expac
Arkane is probably doing Prey expac
iD is probably doing DOOM 5
the Metro team is probably not big enough to do two projects at once although that would be interesting
I would not want the Saints Row devs near this

What other open world devs are there, because Ubisoft makes 90% of all open world games
iD is also working on Rage 2.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm seeing an issue
Watch Dogs 2 was actually pretty well written for what it was trying to accomplish.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Nice Vault Boy perler.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Doorknob Slobber posted:

someone reading this thread knows what this announcement will actually be and they should just spoil it
Fallout x Elder Scrolls Tag Battle.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

Why is every prime X1X game delayed so much? Sea of Thieves took like 3 years to finally get a release after like probably 5 of development. Scalebound was also pushed a long time until it finally died on the road.
Because Microsoft are utterly incompetent when it comes to the XBOX.

spudsbuckley posted:

Never coming out.
Also, this is probably what's going to happen.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

Capcom isnt gonna give platnum work that would require admitting capcom misses them unless im forgetting any collaborations
You're not, Platinum hasn't worked with Capcom.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

CharlestonJew posted:

Platinum is made up of the remnants of Clover, which was a Capcom studio
I know, but once they became Platinum they haven't worked with Capcom again.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Glenn Quebec posted:

It's very hard to care about triple A gaming when there are tons of double A and below games that are really, really good.
Yeah, its not like the dark times of the early years of last gen where mid-tier developers were going extinct and indie wasn't a thing yet.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Square during that period was hemorrhaging money due to the utter disaster that was original FF14 and they put all the brunt of the pressure on their Western dev-teams to make up for it instead of cracking down on their crappy in-house devs.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

swims posted:

House of the Dead new, remaster, reimagined, anything- would be the absolute best surprise and I would be hype for that.
They announced a new one a few months back, Scarlet Dawn. It's set for September in Japan and its arcade only for right now though, its coming State-side but no date on that.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jun 4, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It sucks Namco never just made a Time Crisis collection for the Wii. The Wii was the perfect console for rail gun shooters.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Policenaut posted:

Hey so the Hitman E3 teaser has kind of been leaked in the form of WB Games just sort of leaving assets up on their website. Anyway it's Hitman 2.
Sold.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Bullshit, it should be Gex and Bubsy.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Raged posted:

Snoop getting everyone hosed up before the celeb BF1 match was the only fun thing about the last E3.
That match winning Terry Crews over enough to build his own gaming rig was pretty fun too.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Babe Magnet posted:

Nintendo is going to reveal the ARMS prequel, LEGS
Nintendo's going to help make Divekick 2?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Terper posted:

Another year to not get a Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective 2 announcement
Ghost Trick doesn't need a sequel, it needs a remaster. Ghost Trick's ending is perfect and super conclusive, there's nowhere else they could go with it.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The PS3 XBOX One has no games.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Great job killing the hype IGN, can't even get the Hitman 2 trailer to run right.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's coming out on November 13th.

:getin:

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 7, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so its not episodic? cool.
Yeah, that's what they just said on the stream.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
A new Bioshock could be fun if they hire some good writers and take a lot of notes from Prey 2017.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Heavy Metal posted:

And a new Deadpool game.
I'm surprised this hasn't happened already, they could probably even get Ryan Reynolds and crew to voice the characters.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Heavy Metal posted:

I'm picturing some MGS codec style radio banter, dial up Colossus to get some of his wisdom. Always label items in the refrigerator...
"Hi, Yukio!"

"Hi, Wade!"

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Hopefully they'll have as a good of a track record as Annapurna does right now. We really need more mid-tier publishers.

FanaticalMilk posted:

Hopefully it goes better than every other Hollywood big wig's involvements in games has.

Has anything good come out of a big Hollywood director getting into games outside of Boom Blox.
Spielberg worked on The Dig too, there's Clive Barker's Undying, and James Gunn wrote Lollipop Chainsaw.

Also if Del Toro ever actually got his chance to make a game I have faith in the guy he would pull it off.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 7, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jerusalem posted:

I agree, Arkane should do more Prey.
They should have the DLC campaign at E3 for us what with all the teasing the last couple of months.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 8, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Walking Dead Season 1 did it a lot better really.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I mean what I said, TWD Season 1 is a fantastic game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'll give 4 a chance because JC3's development was seriously hampered by Square.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Grapplejack posted:

Is there anything that hasn't leaked at this point? We even know what Nintendo's poo poo is this year and they're usually iron-clad.
Hitman 2 wasn't leaked.

Fulchrum posted:

Anyone but me remember that Microsoft announced a Conker game in 2013? What actually happened with that?
If you're thinking of Project Spark it was dead on arrival.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Grapplejack posted:

Yeah it was, the title leaked a few days ago from WB's website, remember?
poo poo, you're right.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

But the president is evil now
Considering that the game is all about having to take down the evil fascist president to SAVE AMERICA its more topical than ever.

Michael Wilson is the hero America needs.:v:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

haveblue posted:

Aren't you playing as the good rightful president who has to take down the evil usurping vice president?
Yes, the VP throws a violent coup and its up to President Wilson and his giant robot to save America from RICHARD'S totalitarian ways.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
From is making a new Onimusha? :v:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Policenaut posted:

With all these hot and exciting leaks, surely we'll get something great from Bethesda too like... *checks card* Fallout Shelter on PS4? Guess they can't all be winners.
The Prey DLC was going to get leaked but they pushed a fat guy in the way to stop it.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Rarity posted:

Come on you bastards, give us Duke Nukem Forever 2. We're due.
Nah, Duke deserves to stay dead.

Caleb, on the other hand, needs to live again...

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jun 9, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

CubeTheory posted:

Which press conference does Melania show up at?
Devolver.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Iacen posted:

I have this sneaking suspicion that E3 came as a surprise to EA this year? Like "Oh, we thought it was NEXT month!" and just slapped something together. God that was poor.
EA's pretty much killed all their in-house devs, they straight up don't have much to show anymore.

And after Anthem most likely bombs, Bioware will be joining the likes of Westwood, Bullfrog, and Maxis soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

corn on the cop posted:

dearly beloved,

we are gathered here today to mourn the second death of command and conquer

peperony n cheese
Kane lives, but he should have stayed dead.

• Locked thread