Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Ulio posted:

Ya thats what I meant when I said you can't lootcrate RTS. Because RTS games are all about balance. Of course you can put any game anything behind a paywall but in the RTS genre it just seems forced.

Unit skins and unique models seem to be a thing they could do. Less C&C2, more Overwatch. I bet World War 2 spergs would shell out hundreds every year to get a rare chance at the time limited Pz. IV Ausf. J Ukrainian woodlands camouflage (1942) to show off in online matches.

Reminds me of how Company of Heroes 1 did it. I remember specifically dropping out of that game when the latest expansion pack added alternative "sidegrades" for some units (which were straight up better, though not really P2W, just annoyingly marginally better), but it also introduced a few unique skins for existing units. I never played Company of Heroes 2 but I remember that game being a flop because it came out when P2W microtransactions seemed like a good idea in a community built around the notion of balance, as you said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Sakurazuka posted:

Everybody forgets about Halo Wars 2...

I even forgot about Halo Wars 1. Did anyone want these games? Were they... Good?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I think E3 will keep pulling its weight because it's basically a cultural event at this point. A lot of gamers tune in to watch it, even through Giantbomb's stream and stuff to see their take on things, to either mock the show or have a glimpse of the best-of things they're revealing and what have you. For me it also always falls in the exams period, but late at night, so it's a thing to look forward to after studying all day and streaming it with my friends on the background until I go to sleep.

I don't know if it's profitable for the people organizing it, but... It has serious brand recognition.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I had fun with inquisition. Not a masterpiece but I could overlook the bloat. Definitely had an issue of the writers and the level designers not exactly knowing what the other was doing, considering the amount of "fetch 10 bear pelts" style quests dotted around the large maps.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Policenaut posted:

Atlus to announce two new games tomorrow. They're probably just confirming the Persona 3 and 5 dancing games for overseas release but hey you never know.

Come on that weird fantasy thing they were talking about around the time p5 came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Lastdancer posted:

Does anyone have a link to the E3 Discord

Or do we still do IRC, I dunno where I need to go

https://discord.gg/EvNwpR

• Locked thread