Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Policenaut posted:

You can tell these things are always fake because they never mention Call of Duty (which Sony pays out the rear end in exclusive marketing and DLC) and Destiny (which they really love and promote every chance they get). Sony always ends their shows on weird choices too, like the year with The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and Shenmue 3 ended with PARAGON! You remember Paragon? No you don't.

Holy poo poo, it's been three years since they announced the FF7 remake. I wonder if they'll have any update on that this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It looks loving awesome to me.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Ubisoft quit loving around and give us the ninja assassin game we want. Set it in Japan or hellscape Russia or something

They still have to do Rome to finish this classical trilogy and then we get to see what the next setting/era is.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Rarity posted:

I've definitely played an Assassin's Creed in Rome :colbert:

Have another!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

haveblue posted:

Maybe they can retcon history so you're the one who kills Caesar.

They already did that.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Any setting they've ruled out is instantly on the table again the second they decide it's the interesting thing to do. I wouldn't worry too much about statements from years ago.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Finally we know what would happen if Old Spice made a videogame.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

That Fallout trailer sure was a whole lot of nothing.

Had to save something for their own presentation.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

LOL at the people who literally gasped when they announced a new studio.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

haveblue posted:

Why would anyone want to save DC in 2018

You have to fight the Deep State.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Cyberpunk or gtfo.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I refunded Dying Light because it made me motion sick, but I'll probably try this. I'm down with a choice based narrative built by Chris Avellone.

Edit: Nevermind, watching footage of this makes it pretty clear there's no way I can play this. RIP

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Wtf no way.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

HOLY poo poo PISS

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It's called Cyberpunk 2077 because that's the year it's coming out.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

Oh my loving god that Cyberpunk trailer was incredible

I liked the trailer but the narration was pure zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think the crowd actually thought the Youngblood announcement was a joke at first.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Are VR games any good, or is it total bullshit?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Seeing a vault before it turns into a run down shithole with busted tech owns.

Some of those monsters are loving creepy.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jun 11, 2018

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'll play this on PC, mobile gaming blows.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Holy poo poo.

Edit: lol trolled, they didn't even say which province it was

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Fallout 76 looks interesting to me but in a way that I'm not sure will be fun. Building a bunch of poo poo just to watch someone nuke it sounds miserable. Guess I could just get it on sale later and just explore the world (though if pvp is auto enabled that could suck too).

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It's so weird to me that a lot of consumers want exclusives instead of just being happy that everyone can play something.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Harrow posted:

Was that Keith David introducing the Squeenix showcase?

Yes.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Ubi's presenting a new rear end Creed that looks like one of the best games at e3 so far, so I think they'll be fine, even if leaks stole their thunder.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Brother Entropy posted:

what looked good about it?

Taking the framework of Origins and adding cool new/old stuff like ship combat is pretty awesome in my book. Plus at least some degree of player choice.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Shrink wrap my cock and balls and put them on display too since they're also obsolete software.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

Sony's conference is now best because it triggered so many knuckle dragging regressives. Way to go Sony.

Having a lovely e3 to own the cons.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

bloodychill posted:

Sony did the weirdest presentation but had the best games so far. Hoping Nintendo shows more than some racing thing tomorrow.

Sony's games aren't coming out forever, so I hope you like waiting.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think part of what feels off about e3 this year is that some product cycles are pretty clearly focused on consoles they aren't talking about yet.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

This E3 was tied with all the other ones for me as the best one ever for gamers.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Xbox Begins

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Harrow posted:

Loving the nerds over at Resetera who have written off Cyberpunk 2077 sight unseen with the announcement that it's first-person

I'm certainly not writing it off, and but it's really not what I wanted to hear. Still extremely hyped about the rest though.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Unironically this. I was playing Waluigi in Mario Kart before he was a meme, and I'm sad that his meme status didn't get him over the line this time. I'll pretty much definitely get a Switch eventually anyway, but I'm dumb enough that Waluigi in Smash would have sped it up.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1006680609903783937

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Days gone could have gotten some hype if it was all rabid forest animals instead of zombies.

Swarms of monster squirrels ftw.

It really is funny how almost everyone seems to have had the same reaction watching that first trailer, where it looked like a cool game and then oh gently caress it's zombies. It's not just some meme that people decided on after the fact either--tons of people expressed it immediately.

• Locked thread