Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

My uncle at Nintendo passed me a design document for the Nintendo Direct for E3. It was only one page but it describes how this Direct will open

A totally real internal Nintendo document posted:

Fade in from black. Pitch black room. Single old tube style TV is on, displaying only static. Camera raised enough so you can see the screen above the back of the head of the loan figure sitting on a steel stool watching the TV. It’s Reggie.

The screen flashes to a random person. “The switch is ok but it only has all ports!” Shot changes to a frontal shot of Reggie with a remarkably emotionless expression illuminated solely by the TV.

Switch again to behind the head shot. Screen flashes again. “The Switch doesn’t have any games!” Again it changes to the frontal shot of Reggie, slowly zooming on his face. There’s still no expression. He doesn’t blink.

The shot changes again to be behind him. The TV again changes to another random person. “But where are the Switch games?” As the shot changes the camera has continued to zoom in on Reggie’s blank face. The shot is close, his eyes are unfocused as if staring through the camera and the TV.

The shot changes to a new angle for the first time, showing Reggie in profile with the TV out of view but still illuminating him. There comes horrible, panicked screaming from all the people who have appeared on the screen mixed together in a terrible cacophony. Reggie slowly turns his head towards the camera, recognizing it for the first time. Still unblinking, still expressionless he stares directly at it and says “Welcome to Nintendo’s 2018 E3 Direct” He places a hard annunciation on the T in direct as something black and viscous drops from the left corner of his mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The full reveal is going to be that Bethesda has teamed up with Blizzard to release a VaultDweller Solider 76 skin in Overwatch

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

They could pull another Garden Warfare 2 and patch in paid currency after they get all their reviews.

What is Popcap Games even working on at this point? I mean Plants vs Zombies 2 was a mobile only F2P poo poo show that pretty much destroyed what the first game did but outside of the garden warfare games and Peggle 2 I haven’t heard anything more about them. Are they another EA victim in a ditch?

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 13:31 on May 31, 2018

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Fat_Cow posted:

99% fake but still funny,

The main give away is Death Stranding being there in any capacity besides some sprawling trailerthat reveals nothing about the game

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If Nintendo announces a new Animal Crossing for the Switch this E3 I’ll pee my pants

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Macaluso posted:

That's not even close to five hours

It’s 25 minutes in normal time but when you enter the Nintendo Fun Own Zone it’ll feel like five hours

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hopper posted:

That Days gone trailer showed that the game is nothing but an uninspired game version of walking dead: Daryl. "Zombie animals original idea do not steal" is the only thing that did not immediately look, smell and sound like Walking Dead.
Motorcycle? check, Scruffy dude? check, depiction of torture? check

Totally forgettable trailer and about 3 years late to the party? bonus check

I can’t wait to play as a scruffy white guy with a good heart who survived an apocalypse that involves zombies it’s something that hasn’t been done on the PlayStation before

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Hey, everyone! Good news! Microsoft has finally announced a game for their E3 briefing! It's Crackdown 3!

Hey, everyone! Bad news! It's officially delayed to February 2019!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

I can’t even imagine why this game keeps getting pushed back. This is year five after it’s gameplay reveal and it’s not like past Crackdown games have been super amazing or in depth or anything. Maybe they’re pushing it back so far so people will forget that cloud based destruction thing because that’s the only thing I can imagine causing this much delay

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

The Last of Us was not really that good

:same:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

I don't see anyone in here giving poo poo to Crash Bandicoot 1

Spyro was better then Crash ever was. Fight me

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I wonder if EA is gonna have YouTube influencers at their conference again :allears:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

My biggest EA hope is Plants vs Zombies 3

*The dried monkey’s paw curls a finger inward*
The sequel to the smash hit Plants vs Zombies 2 is returning to iOS! Free to download and play (please pay 99 cents for a seed packet to get a random plant! 200 for $99 best value!)

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I, for one, would like single player content instead of multiplayer sharkcard grind sinks

this will never happen

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Devil May Cry better show something impressive off to make me consider it over the Bayonetta games cause Bayos really the top of the line for those style of games

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

So Switch Fortnite is literally just the Battle Royale mode and Epic has said that they aren't bringing the other mode to Switch at all. Kind of wondering if they're going to phase it out elsewhere or just let it die on the vine.

The versions that have the save the world mode will probably get middling support but I don’t imagine they’ll even bother for new releases to be honest. The writings been on the wall for the coop mode which is a shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Since character customization includes appearance, they almost certainly have a system that is first person for gameplay and third person for conversations. Unless every surface in Night City is reflective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p6tvs-qjpA

• Locked thread