Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What possible justification could there be to suspect Joan I don't understand at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

What possible justification could there be to suspect Joan I don't understand at all

I'm sure they will let us know why next episode, but it just seems like a really silly assumption to make given what the viewers know.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah it makes literally zero sense since presumably at the time of death Joan was at/going to the hospital.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Yeah, that’s a weird leap to make.

But Moriarty did it, right? She was fixated on Joan and it would be a nice parallel from the judge accidentally invoking Michael to Michael accidentally invoking Moriarty.

Norry
Mar 1, 2005

You gonna get raped...tenderly.

Plus he was bludgeoned on the head, and Watson's shorter than him and has fractured ribs. She wouldn't be able to lift anything heavy enough to do that kind of damage. On the bright side I am pleasantly surprised that, for once, the federal agent wasn't the killer.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Slamhound posted:

But Moriarty did it, right? She was fixated on Joan and it would be a nice parallel from the judge accidentally invoking Michael to Michael accidentally invoking Moriarty.

Depends on if it was written before or after they sealed s7

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Slamhound posted:

At the very least I'm assuming that her proxy from earlier this season did it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Admittedly I’m a little confused thematically where it’s going.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Obviously, it was a suicide.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Who the gently caress was this bazemore guy

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Slamhound posted:

I figured Sherlock did it since presumably he wouldn't be cleaning blood off his stairs until he'd found the person who did that to Watson. On the list of Sherlock priorities, clean stairs is not higher than revenge for Joan.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Chekov's tail rotor

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

HookShot posted:

I figured Sherlock did it since presumably he wouldn't be cleaning blood off his stairs until he'd found the person who did that to Watson. On the list of Sherlock priorities, clean stairs is not higher than revenge for Joan.

I figured he wanted to clean it up before Joan came home so she wouldn't have to see it. :shrug:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I was hoping for some Lucy Liu street justice. :smith:

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I was surprised when they wrapped up the murder storyline so quickly. I thought we were going to get another 10 minutes of getting the smoking gun to nail the judge, instead we got some real good poo poo. That scene with Michael in the house was one of my favorites from the whole series. Good resolution to the whole thing too, especially if it gets Moriarty back.

The FBI is pretty dumb on this show if their first suspect is the woman checked in at a hospital with broken ribs instead of her partner with a history of violence and alibi of "cleaning my house alone."

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Norry posted:

On the bright side I am pleasantly surprised that, for once, the federal agent wasn't the killer.

I'm sure she's the one who killed him in the end. By Moriarty's orders or by another reason, but she did it, I'm sure. Nobody is that incompetent.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Blind Pineapple posted:

The FBI is pretty dumb on this show if their first suspect is the woman checked in at a hospital with broken ribs instead of her partner with a history of violence and alibi of "cleaning my house alone."

I thought it would be the gay guy that they kept telling Michael murdered his husband/partner.

https://twitter.com/Elementary_CBS/status/1039346541788577792

drat, that was tense stuff, though Michael's slow walk chase was never going to go well for him.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I really hope it's Moriarty unrelated.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
They really wasted Michael.
I hate how they build up stuff and its over with no pay off.
Sherlock has a brain problem omg. No wait its now solved.
A smart serial killer who outwitted Sherlock many times, oh ho Sherlock will have to have to be 110% to beat h....oh wait nvm.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I really wanted mike to just be so god drat weird and crazy that he was even thwarting moriarty's scheming. At this point, I'm gonna finish the series anyway but how they handle this next episode is going to decide how much I've got invested in the show I think. Still laughing at the helicopter rotor though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Admittedly this was a super curveball

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Milo and POTUS posted:

I really wanted mike to just be so god drat weird and crazy that he was even thwarting moriarty's scheming. At this point, I'm gonna finish the series anyway but how they handle this next episode is going to decide how much I've got invested in the show I think. Still laughing at the helicopter rotor though.

Well, I still feel pretty good about the show even though I agree with you that Michael felt somewhat wasted.

It was interesting having such a genuine, honest villain. Then again, by pretty much wrecking a person's life with no real care about the consequences, they did throw Michael off his game enough to just attack Joan. So I guess they did already win.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did Elementary have an episode where the crook of the week had been engineering traffic and building accidents so he could rush in and help and be the hero, or am I confusing it with another programme?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Did Elementary have an episode where the crook of the week had been engineering traffic and building accidents so he could rush in and help and be the hero, or am I confusing it with another programme?

That doesn't ring a bell off the top of my head.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Could've been an episode of Fringe for all I know. It's probably a premise that's showed up in loads of tv shows but I saw it in one particular one and I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I think there was a throwaway perp in an epiosde of Brooklyn 99 where they find an arsonist and it turns out it's a dude who arrives and puts out the fires? But then even I can't guarantee that's the right show.

Also Law and Order has almost certainly done it at some point LOL.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It was also a thing that literally happened, there's a Forensic Files about it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Well, yeah, it's happened many times. Hero complexes are a thing.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Alright. Come on...no Moriarty killing Michael...no Moriarty killing Michael...

Oh drat this development is great.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 18, 2018

Norry
Mar 1, 2005

You gonna get raped...tenderly.

Holy poo poo that was a roller coaster. I would have been so happy if that were the series finale.

Since there's still a season to look forward to, hell loving yes and here's to hoping they don't retcon this episode. :getin:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm ready for Elementary: UK next season.

Norry posted:

I would have been so happy if that were the series finale.

:same:

And in case anyone was worried:

quote:

TVLINE | It’s interesting to see a scene on TV between a man and a woman with that sort of declaration, where there isn’t romantic, sexual tension. It very much read as a platonic love. Was that what you intended?

Oh yeah, absolutely. Because that’s what it’s always been. I have lifelong friends that I love like family, and yet it’s not so often I put it to them that way. If I thought it was the last time I was going to see someone I cared about, I think I would say that with great ease. It’s why Sherlock was able to say it in that moment. He really thought it was goodbye, and you don’t walk away from even a platonic relationship without telling your partner how you feel. I wish there was an even more appropriate word than “platonic.” It’s fraternal. There’s great love, and there’s great respect, but there’s no romance.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Thaaat's reaallly weiiirdd as a nooottt serriiiess finnnaalleeeee but it WAS a very good episode!!

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Oh thank god. They were really playing up how much Sherlock cares about Watson in this season, and I was half-convinced going in that the Finale Twist was going to be that they had been or were about to start sleeping with each other. This is a much better development.

Agreed that that ending feels like a series finale though. Or as my wife put it, "that sure is the ending of a show where they thought they were getting canceled this season."

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
They've admitted that on Twitter, that it was written as the series finale.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Good episode, but the dilemma felt overly contrived, both in how they were going after Joan and how they gave so much of a poo poo about a dead serial killer killed by a cop. "I told him to get his wallet, he reached for what I assume a wallet-sized gun and when he tried to sell me a cigarette, I beat him to death and dumped his body in another borough." Medals all around.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Slamhound posted:

Good episode, but the dilemma felt overly contrived, both in how they were going after Joan and how they gave so much of a poo poo about a dead serial killer killed by a cop. "I told him to get his wallet, he reached for what I assume a wallet-sized gun and when he tried to sell me a cigarette, I beat him to death and dumped his body in another borough." Medals all around.

Yeah that part seemed a little silly in present-day. "Oh, he threatened me so I had to shoot him. he was a serial killer, and he did murder my friend, and definitely said he'd murder again, so he was nearly as dangerous as an unarmed child which, as you may know, is fair game in america."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I haven't finished yet but I kinda hate Malick.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Fantastic ending. Let's see how they fix this when they go back to America next season!

And yeah, Malick wins the prize of Worst FBI Agent Who Is Not Evil Just Really Really Bad At Her Job.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
God, what a great episode. I didn't see anything in the second half coming. Looking forward to seeing how this is resolved next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

:3: That was ridiculously good and I would be perfectly content with it as a series finale.