Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Kanine posted:

yeah i wouldnt be surprised if the cliamx of the show's story is some kind of mayday revolution with some kind canadian/british/un military intervention

I keep wondering why this has never happened from some country as Gilead's society seems fairly disorganized in that there is an almost constant stream of defections and the Commanders seem like bumbling bureaucratic fools. Although Gilead appears to have a strong secret police presence its never been clear how strong their military is, but I imagine they must at the very least still have nuclear deterrents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Is there a sense in the show of where the colonies are? Most of it is taking place in Massachusetts but I have no idea where the colonies are.

Also I wonder if they'll ever do an episode with flashbacks to Aunt Lydia's former life.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 16, 2018

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I really enjoyed Ann's perspective on Lydia that she outlined in this interview. https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/04/handmaids-tale-season-2-aunt-lydia-ann-dowd-interview

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

drat that child bride scene was insanely disturbing.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Wait, how did June get outside and how did Nick see her? Or did she jump and they were implying Nick heard the thud?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I think the Serena speech scenes were just a bit to hamfisted in their subtext but it happens.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Just watched the promo for the next episode and the actor who played the main antagonist from Far Cry 5 is playing the interrogator Commander.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I'll only be happy with the direction of season 3 as long as June doesn't end up back at the Waterfords. She's transgressed too much against Gilead not to be immediately executed. So I imagine season 3 is about her joining some sort of underground movement? That's the only thing that could possibly make sense.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Her reason makes sense considering the ringer she's been put through leading to the finale. But yeah if she just ends up back at the Waterfords somehow the whole consistentcy of the shows universe is shot.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

MeinPanzer posted:

But then if she's just able to walk into the woods while wearing her handmaid garb a block away from the Waterfords' house in the middle of the night having stolen their baby and somehow end up hiding out successfully it will be entirely inconsistent with the universe they've created. One of the good things they've managed to do is create a sense of a truly oppressive society in which it's not even possible for handmaids walking down the street to touch for more than a moment without being harassed for it. I was hoping they would maybe get more creative if there was going to be yet another escape attempt, like we got with the abandoned house.

But no, instead we get June just deciding to walk away with no help or plan.

Edit: ^^^ The map was my favourite part of the episode, too, and I paused to read it as well. The pink parts can't be the remnants of the USA, right, since they're based mainly in Alaska and Hawaii now? I'm guessing those are maybe more militarized regions or something like that, with the red border zones being highly militarized.

Actually, this season has made the regime appear a lot more chaotic and disorganized than the previous season I found. I would find it fairly believable that June could get away somewhere if thats what they choose to do in Season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

That map being a thing shown at both the cast party and prominently in the finale makes me think we're about to see a lot more of Gilead in Season 3.

• Locked thread