Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drowning In Terror
Dec 10, 2008

precision posted:

It's this, but it's also REAL DUMB on the part of Nick. Like yeah you don't want to gently caress your child bride, that's great, but probably don't actively be cold and distant because Nick of all people should know how quickly he could get fitted for a noose.

Nick feels like a wasted character slot though so if this is leading to some significant character transformation (or even death & replacement) it's a pretty good thing IMO. I'll allow myself to feel hopeful about gloomy Eden though this season is showing the show might be too comfortable resting on its laurels.

CommanderApaul posted:

I may be reading too much into the subtext but it really seems like the bombing has turned him from a pious but hypocritical "rules don't apply to me" believer into a full-on zealot. They've dropped a couple of lines about a Canadian Summit coming up and I feel like they're building toward a season ending cliffhanger of Fred doing something extreme during it.

On the other hand if this were some kind of sandbox reality instead of TV fiction the correct answer would likely be he just wanted to re-establish authority in front of Offred for better blowjobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning In Terror
Dec 10, 2008

business hammocks posted:

Her millions are being used to directly enslave and kill people.

She's not rich enough yet to avoid paying tax dude.

Drowning In Terror
Dec 10, 2008
Shotguns have a substantial amount of variation in their ammunition compared to other weapons, this then affects their lethality against humans. I think in TV/film/games they're typically presented with a buckshot-style load, which would have been very lethal from her position. Thematically you could easily expect it to be birdshot though, which would range from also lethal to just messing up your skin depending on the shot size.

Loomer posted:

The whole ‘you raped her yesterday!’ ‘That was your idea!’ thing felt like surreal sketch comedy.

Yeah, agreed.

• Locked thread