Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

The Nexus of All Realities

A tall, shadowed figure floats through space, viewing different glass panels. Each panel displays a different universe, with its own heroes and villains, its own triumphs and tragedies, and its own struggle for survival. More and more of the panels, however, are simply empty voids. The figure lowers his head in disappointment, the elaborate headgear on his head impossibly remained fixed in place.

All over the multiverse, universes are dying before their time. The figure knows that he cannot confront this crisis alone - he will need a team of dimensional orphans, plucked from the moments of their death. A team of...

Welcome to Exiles! If you're not familiar with the concept, Exiles is a long-running Marvel comic book which involves a team of extra-dimensional heroes banding together to save the multiverse. The comic has had a few different iterations, and recently started a new volume being written by Saladin Ahmed. In this game every character comes from a different reality. Some may be familiar, while others may be a totally new twist on an old favorite. People can make up their own characters as well, though they should be tied to the Marvel multiverse in some way.

That being said, the Marvel multiverse is pretty drat big and this game is open to any character from any book ever published by Marvel - including any and all licensed books or imprints. Over their history, Marvel has published not just their own creations, but also Star Wars, Star Trek, Transformers, Starhawks, GI Joe, Masters of the Universe, Doctor Who, John Carter, Willow, Indiana Jones, and even Buckaroo motherfucking Banzai, along with hundreds of other titles. These, or any alternate-dimension variations on them, are all fair game. As far as I'm concerned, this game is going to be a less Victorian and more pop-culture oriented version of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Hell, I'll allow characters from any of Marvel's various film/TV entertainment divisions, including Marvel Productions/New World. If you can come up with any kind of justified link to Marvel, I'll allow it. This game is going to take place in Marvel's very own version of the Tommy Westphall Universe, and I like to play pretty loose with who I consider to be a Marvel character. In addition, I'm very open to characters from previous Marvel Heroic games on these forums making a comeback. Exiles has always been an island of misfit toys in a lot of ways, no need to change that now.

All applications will require your character datafile and a bio including a rundown of your home dimension. Provide proof of its Marvel credentials for licensed works, or how your home is unique or different if you're using an alternate version of a more traditional Marvel hero. This game will also have plenty of opportunities for characters to drop in or out, as Exiles has always had a pretty rotating cast. Your bio should end with how your character was about to die before they were snatched out of their dimension and tumbled into the Nexus of All Realities.

The game is using the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying system, which has an active and awesome community here on SA. Here's our Discord if you need help with the system, building a character, or coming up with ideas. The folks there are consistently awesome. Additionally, feel free to ask here in the thread if you need anything and I'll happily help out. Recruitment will close on May 10th; I'll post my picks the following day and start the IC thread.

Lager fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

When young Peter Parker's parents vanished, presumed dead, Peter was adopted by his father's friend and co-worker, Norman Osborn, genius scientist and CEO of Oscorp. He and Norman's son, Harry, grew up together, but while Peter and Harry both displayed the intellect necessary to follow Norman in his research efforts, Harry was more concerned with enjoying his father's wealth. Peter took to helping Norman in the laboratory, even assisting him with a biological experiment under a government contract - an attempt to replicate the Super Soldier serum that had given Captain America his powers. Harry, in the meantime, fell in with a bad crowd, and after multiple arrests, Norman informed his wayward son that Peter would inherit everything, as opposed to him. Norman intended it as a stopgap measure, a wake-up call, and while he had the will adjusted to make the threat have teeth, he would have adjusted it more fairly once his son calmed down.

Sadly, it only served to anger Harry more. In a heated argument in the lab with his father, Harry accidentally triggered a chemical reaction which caused an explosion that disabled both Osborns. Rushing to their aid, Peter was asked by Norman to save his son. When he returned for Norman, the lab sealed them both inside. Peter inhaled a massive amount of the unstable, untested concoction in gaseous form. Sadly, the wounded Norman died, and Peter was found comatose after the gas cleared.

After he awoke, Peter was informed that he was the new CEO of Oscorp. But beyond that, he quickly came to realize the formula worked as a sort of retro-virus, and gifted him with enhanced speed, strength, and toughness, but also found that he was having a difficult time controlling his emotions. In an attempt to rid himself of the effects of the gas, Peter began a series of animal tests with the retro-virus, hoping to refine it to either a more stable state, or neutralize it.

Jealous of Peter taking what he saw as his birthright, Harry snuck into the lab one night to sabotage Peter's experiments. He smashed a glass vial containing a spider, that, unknown to him, had been exposed to a version of the retro-virus. Biting Osborn, the spider's DNA co-mingled with Harry's, but drove him mad with rage and jealousy. Hearing a commotion, security guards came to the lab, only to be defeated by a maddened Harry who fled the scene. Harry had gained superhuman strength and reflexes, and talons on his hands that secreted a potent toxin.

Watching the security footage, Peter realized he needed to confront his brother, and became the Green Goblin to do it. Harry called himself Venom, and the two became bitter foes.

Realizing he couldn't rid himself of his powers while Venom and other villains existed and threatened people, Peter designed an armored suit and a series of gadgets to help him fight crime. He became one of the founding members of the Defenders of his world (also including the Black Cat, Doctor Strange, Beast, Cloak, and Dagger) in his costumed life, fighting against numerous foes both terrestrial and extraterrestrial. In his public life he dated and then married Felicia Hardy (Black Cat's alter ego), and brought Oscorp to prominence, a constant public rival for Tony Stark (Iron Man, the leader of the Avengers).

Eventually, after battling with a large litany of foes, Harry resurfaced again and, in an act of "ultimate revenge", attacked and kidnapped Felicia Hardy-Parker. Planning to execute her by hanging her from his webs above the Brooklyn bridge, Peter encountered him to stop him there. An epic and potentially lethal brawl ensued between the two brothers, with Harry taunting Peter that he couldn't save his wife, keep a lid on his anger, AND keep himself from killing Harry. Something would have to give.

While Peter was able to save Felicia, Harry tackled him from his glider in an attempt to finally kill him. Peter was able to grab Harry before he fell and both brothers plummeted off the bridge. The last thing Peter saw was the water rushing up to meet him...

quote:

Green Goblin (Peter Parker, Secret)

Affiliations Solo d10, Buddy d6, Team d8

Distinctions:
A Monster Hides Within
Wisecracker
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

GOBLIN AUGMENTATIONS

Enhanced Durability d8 Superhuman Strength d10
Superhuman Stamina d10 Enhanced Reflexes d8

SFX: Genius. Spend a power point to step up a Tech Master or Science Master stunt or resource and recover mental or emotional stress.
SFX: Second Wind. Before you make an action including a Goblin Augmentations power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step up the Goblin Augmentations power by +1 for this action.
SFX: Seething Rage. Step up or double any Goblin Augmentations power for one action. If the action fails, add the power die to the doom pool.
Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown any Goblins Augmentation power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

GOBLIN ARSENAL

Electrical Blast d8 Subsonic Flight d8
Superhuman Durability d10 Weapons d8

SFX: Pumpkin Bombs. When using Weapons to inflict an Obscuring complication on a target, add a d6 and step up Weapons die.
SFX: Goblin Tracer. Spend 1 PP or use an effect die to create a Traced complication for a target. You may track that target anywhere until the complication is removed.
SFX: Stun Grenades. Add d6 and step up effect die by +1 when inflicting a Stunned complication on a target.
Limit: Limited Ammunition. Shutdown any Goblin Arsenal power and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. doom pool to recover.

Specialties:
Acrobatics Expert d8 Business Expert d8
Combat Expert d8 Psych Expert d8
Science Master d10 Tech Master d10

Milestones:
A CURE, OR A CALAMITY?
1xp When you use humor to cover up your anger and rage
3xp When you find something new that you think might lead to a breakthrough
10xp When you find a way to modify the Goblin Serum so that you are cured, or you gain great power at the cost of even greater rage

DEADLY FOES OF THE GREEN GOBLIN
1xp When you declare a villain as an old foe.
3xp When you take trauma from your chosen foe.
10xp When you forgive your chosen foe, or they beg for your forgiveness and you refuse them.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 3, 2018

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Elijah Snow

Just Elijah Snow. No hero names. He's not a superhero.

If you want to get all seven degrees of Kevin Bacon, due to a dimensional nexus event he once visited Gotham City and the Batman, who has of course crossed over into the Marvel string of universes.

As for his history, lemme tell you, it gets weird. He's been around since the dawn of the century, he trained under Sherlock Holmes, he killed Dracula. For real this time. But most importantly, he started writing the Planetary Guide. There's been bumps along the way, but in our universe, he's spent most of the past hundred years cataloging the weird, the wild and the wacky. It's amazing poo poo, if I say so myself. (I'm part of it, after all.) Now, a few years back, we won a long-running war against our ultimate foes, the Four, who were a team of complete assholes that hated each other but bear some, you know, passing resemblance to your Fantastic Four. They wanted to keep the secret history for themselves, for power.

We didn't like that, and Elijah finally beat them, and we've been cataloging the weird and wild ever since. (I'm his tech guy, the Drummer. I have spoken to your Nexus system and gotten its permission to be here and write this up for you.) So, we decided that we needed to expand Planetary - we've got plenty of reporters at home these days, and our universe pretty much owns. It's great, it's weird, I love it. But so we're sending our boss out to help you guys, to catalog your weird and wild multiversal history and help preserve the good out there.

Which is to say, Elijah Snow didn't die. We discovered a set of informational constraints on entering the Nexus and achieved them. Took a lot of money and a lot of electrical power, but I rewrote Elijah's information to read as if he was having a lethal dimensional event, and the Nexus did the rest, whisking him off to join the party across the Bleed. We stay in contact because I know everything and am the informational supergod, but I am also made of tiny fleshy bits and would die way easier than Elijah, Jakita or Ambrose, and he won the coin toss.

Stupid 'edge'.

(And so, Elijah Snow showed up in the Nexus with a tablet PC to record his thoughts, a Drummer-based email connection back to his home universe and the smug sense that he knew what was going on, because he so often does.)

quote:

Elijah Snow [Public]

Affiliations
Solo d8
Buddy d6
Team d10

Distinctions
I Need To Know Everything
Icy Exterior
"Why Does Everyone Know You, Anyway?"

Powersets
Century Baby
Heat Subtraction d12, Cold Blasts d12, Cold Resistance d12, Enhanced Stamina d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8
SFX: Area Attack. Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target when using Heat Subtraction or Cold Blasts.
SFX: Dangerous. Add a d6 and step back the highest die in the pool by 1 to step up physical stress inflicted by 1.
SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma or complications from temperature-based attacks or aging.
SFX: Frozen Solid. When inflicting a complication on a target, add a d6 and step up your effect die.
Limit: Exhausted. Shut down any Century Baby power to gain 1 PP. Recover the power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
Limit: Observer. While you do not have emotional stress, step back the effect die of any attempt to inflict physical stress using a Century Baby power in its pool.

Head of Planetary
Superhuman Senses d10, Enhanced Durability d8, Enhanced Strength d8, Weapon d6
SFX: Focus. If a pool includes a Head of Planetary power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one die +1 step larger.
SFX: Boost. Spend 1 PP to step up or double a Head of Planetary power for one die roll.
SFX: The Vault. When you create a Mystic or Cosmic related resource or stunt, step up the lowest doom die to step up the stunt or resource.
Limit: Gear. Shutdown a Head of Planetary power and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs doom pool to recover.

Specialties
Business Expert d8, Cosmic Master d10, Covert Expert d8, Menace Expert d8, Mystic Expert d8, Science Expert d8, Tech Expert d8

Milestones
The Planetary Guide
1 XP: When you reveal a strange and interesting bit of trivia about something in the situation.
3 XP: When your strange or interesting trivia is actually useful, in the form of an asset.
10 XP: When you either ensure that something marvelous and wonderful is preserved despite great danger, or when you destroy something unique and beautiful because there's no other way.

The Fourth Man
1 XP: When you declare that you've worked with before as part of Planetary.
3 XP: When you take trauma to protect someone you consider part of Planetary.
10 XP: When you either bring someone in as part of your family due to their work, or when you cast them out of Planetary and refuse to forgive them.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 29, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tommy Oliver, the Green Mighty Morphin Power Ranger

In another universe, a witch from beyond the stars awakens and threatens to conquer Earth.

In response, her eternal rival, a wizard trapped in time, recruits five teenagers from the California town of Angel Grove to wield ancient powers and defeat her minions.

The witch gains access to the same powers and recruits a soldier of her own to fight them. Unfortunately, her hold on him is removed, and he joins the soldiers.

Listen, I kinda don't think I need to tell you about this. Apparently, in a lot of dimensions, my adventures were a cultural phenomenon. I'm a dang Power Ranger. So why am I here? Well, as Rita is wont to do, she imprisoned me in a personal dimension of hers during one of her attacks. Billy created a device to free me, but....there was a miscalculation. I found myself not in Angel Grove, but between dimensions. But I've still got a link to the Morphin Grid, so if I can use my powers to do good, I'm not going to balk at the chance!

quote:

Green Ranger (Tommy Oliver, secret)

Affiliations:
Solo d6
Buddy d8
Team d10

Distinctions:
Teenager With Attitude
A Born Leader
It's Morphin Time!

Power Sets:

GREEN DRAGON POWER

Enhanced Strength d10, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Durability d8, Dragon Dagger d6

SFX: Counterattack! - On a successful reaction against a melee attack, inflict physical stress with effect die at no cost.
SFX: Kiyah! - If a pool includes an Enhanced Reflexes die, may replace two die of equal size with one +1 step highter
Limit: Recharge the Grid - Shutdown Green Dragon Power to gain 1PP. Recover by activating an opportunity or during a Transition.

DRAGONZORD

Enhanced Strength d12, Durability d10, Dragon Missiles d8

SFX: Pick on Someone Your Own Size! - Step up or double a power trait die when a giant enemy enters the battle. Remove the highest rolled and add three dice for total.
Limit: Trashed - Shutdown Dragonzord to gain 1PP. Take an action vs the Doom Pool to recover.

Specialties:

Combat Expert
Acrobatic Expert

Milestones:

A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE
1xp when Tommy gives someone advice about a tough issue
3xp when fighting an enemy directly related to a tough issue
10xp when Tommy makes a difference in someone's life regarding a tough issue or accepts that sometimes people have to solve their own problems

A GOOD ROLE MODEL
1xp when Tommy acts as an example to others
3xp when a teammate is inspired by Tommy's actions
10xp when Tommy decides to do what's right, even if someone else is sacrificed, or abandons his principals for the easy solution

I have two links to the Marvel universe. One, Marvel published comics based on MMPR back in the 90s:

Second, the Boom Studios series had a crossover with Justice League, and of course DC has crossed over with Marvel multiple times.c

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 4, 2018

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Slapstick

"So like... where do I even begin? At the start? At the start start? Or the start of the start start? Or the- ya know what? I'm gonna start at the end. Because I can. So- me.

Someone broke the world. I was the first to notice it. Because I'm pretty other to begin with. Like it started unravelling at the seams. But no one could see it. I... uhhh, "borrowed" Anthony Stark and shoved his face right into it, but he couldn't even recognise what was happening. And he got really mad afterwards. It's not my fault that the seam was in a brick wall! And Professor Odd has long since banned me from his Sanctum. So I wasn't getting any help there. So I was entirely helpless to stop what was coming. It got more broken. The seams barely holding together. Like something was pulling on it. Despite my best attempts to pull them back together, it just seemed to make things worse.

Not that my attempts matters anymore. Because the whole dimension's gone. Erased. Like someone pored ink over it.

So, there I was, sitting on the last bit of land in an infinity of an inky void, getting bored and just... waiting for death. When lo and behold this big door opened and someone grabbed me and dragged me through! Like woah! Hands of the goods buddy! But they were a hero, just not one of the ones I knew. They rescued me into some dimensional hub. Then they were like- Oh, ugh, I hate exposition, hang on I'll fast forward through the boring bits.

[Bzwizzzzzzzzzzz *click*]

Yadda yadda yadda, help us save the world, blah blah blah, you're so amazing you gotta help us, ect ect ect. You know, the speel about saving the world/s. But I've got to say... secretly? It's nice to feel... wanted."

Slapstick, A.k.a Stephanie Harmon. Was an unfortunate casualty of an excursion into real space by the ever curious residents of the Panel Plane. A realm of reality which runs on the style and tropes of animation. Both eastern and western. It's a strange place, shifting between style, era, and genre at a whim. The rules of reality are re-written constantly. It is a realm of madness. Horrifically dangerous to any normal creature that finds themselves inside it's borders. Stephanie was dragged inside in the invader's attempts to escape from the 's counter attack this should, by all rights, have meant certain death for the young teen. But instead something inside the Panel Plane touched her. Warped her. Streached her out and remade her in it's own image.

Eventually it spat her out. A living cartoon being, an aura of the strange realm still clinging to her. Her time there allowed her to apply the rules of her Panel Plane to the mortal world in limited bursts. Shifting the genre of the environment around her. An ability which while powerful, forces Slapstick to work to those rules as well. A window a savvy enemy could think to take advantage of. If they can survive the terrifying strength and mannerisms of a cartoon. The lack of consequences in the toon realm have left her quite unable to gauge her own strength, and dulled her sense of empathy. Not that she isn't empathetic. But it's hard to remember that the leg you broke on that goon can't just be fixed in moments.

Stephanie struggles with her duel nature. The cartoon in her demands hijinks, adventure, and laughs. The human in her begs for companionship, acceptance, and cake. She longs for normal. But normal is so far beyond her grasp that it's like striking oil. With just as much environmental damage caused. Her few attempts at doing something normal, normally ended with a lot of people screaming, some people very angry, and a well meaning Stephanie running for it from whatever heroes show up to respond to the chaos she just caused. She is at least driven to do right by her human morals, and her strong sense of justice (a trait she may have wholesale stolen from the eastern side of the Panel Plane)

quote:

Affiliation: Solo d8 | Buddy d6 | Team d10

Distinctions:
Living Cartoon
Master of the genres - slave to the tropes
Mean Streak

Power Set — Anamatic Reality Alteration

Weapon: D8
Sorcery: D6
Teleport: D6

SFX: Deep Pockets. When using a Anamatic Reality Alteration power to create cartoon-like prop assets, add a d6 and step up your effect die.
SFX: Hammer Time! Against a single target, step up or double a Weapon die. Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.
Limit: Effects budget ran out Shutdown any Anamatic Reality Alteration power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

Power Set — Cartoon form

Enhanced Strength: D8
Godlike Durability: D12
Godlike Stamina: D12
Stretching: D8
Superhuman Reflexes: D10
Shapeshifting: D6

SFX: Cartoon Physics. You may step back any doom die used in an opposing roll. After the roll, that die returns to the doom pool at its new stepped-back size.
SFX: “I’m Baaaccckkk!!!” Spend 1 PP to recover your own physical stress and step back physical trauma.
SFX: Invulnerability. Spend 1 PP to ignore any physical trauma or stress unless caused by cosmic forces.
Limit: Harsh Reality. Step up emotional or mental stress that highlights mundane, every day limitations and barriers to gain 1 PP.

Specialties

Acrobatics Expert D8
Menace Expert D8
Psych Expert D8

[You may convert Expert d8 to 2d6, or Master d10 to 2d8 or 3d6]

Distinction — Funny and Loyal
1xp — when you point out your teammates’ shortcomings in good fun.
3xp — when you use Anamatic Reality Alteration to create an asset for a teammate.
10xp — when your loyalty finally brings you to leadership and you lead the team, or you leave the team and create your own cartoon-themed team to lead.

Distinction — Mean as an old Cartoon
1xp — when you say something that shows the mean streak beneath your slapstick façade.
3xp — when you deal physical stress to an opponent using cartoon-inspired methods and dark humor.
10xp — when you either show your disregard for human life by killing an opponent, or realize that your powers are causing you to lose your empathy and ask your teammates for help in finding your humanity.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 20, 2018

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

With Kingpin and Matt Murdock dead, a power vacuum opened in the criminal underworld of New York. Looking to gain an edge and solidify their hold on New York, the Nefaria family started summoning demons.

Enter a young Daimon Hellstrom, newly dedicated to fighting the forces of hell. Seeing how vastly outnumbered he was, Daimon disguises himself as Daredevil and pretends to have returned from Hell with the powers of Satan. For a while it worked, and Daimon was able to keep the mafia at bay with the spectre of Daredevil.

But his exploits get the attention of Luchino Nefaria, who hires Bullseye to finish the job he started way back when. Prepared as he was for the various tricks and abilities of Hell’s armies, it was ultimately a simple mortal man with a single gun that ended the career of the second Daredevil, Daimon Hellstrom.

Affiliations

Solo d10
Buddy d6
Team d8

Distinctions

Fiery Temper
Son of the Devil Himself
I am definitely (not) Daredevil

Power Sets

Darksoul
Durability d6; Hellfire Blast d10, Enhanced Stamina d8
SFX: Area Attack. Add a D6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target.
SFX: Burst. Step up or double a POWER TRAIT die against a single target. Remove the highest rolling die and add three dice for your total.
SFX: Dimensional Travel. Daredevil can travel to other dimensions and even other time periods. After doing so, this Special Effect is unavailable until the next Transition Scene.
Limit: Uncontrollable. Change any POWER SET power into a complication and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover the power.

Trident
Flight d6; Weapon d8

SFX: Medium. The Trident can amplify magical energies. Step up or double the Darksoul power Hellfire Attack for your next action.
SFX: Netheranium. The Trident is made of this mystical metal that can be more effective against demonic creatures. Step up or double the Weapon power if battling such creatures.
Limit: Gear. Shutdown a Trident power and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover.

Specialties

Combat Expert d8, Covert Expert d8, Mystic Master d10, Menace Expert d8

Milestones

Combat Supernatural Evil

Daimon is dedicated to battling supernatural evil.

1 XP when he successfully helps someone who is being attack or manipulated by supernatural evil.
3 XP when he defeats a powerful supernatural creature.
10 XP when he defeats the plans of a Hell-Lord.

Devil in a New Dress

Daimon struggles to live up to the mantle of the Man Without Fear.

1 XP when he performs a reckless or daring acrobatic feat.
3 XP when he faces an old foe of Matt Murdock and comes out on top, or falls short and gets dismissed by the villain.
10 XP when he saves an innocent’s life over striking a decisive blow against a Hell-Lord.

Rent-a-Bot fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 10, 2018

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Loved thus comic and the idea behind it, so in. Never played the system, though, so I'll have to get the book and figure it out.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Fuzz posted:

Loved thus comic and the idea behind it, so in. Never played the system, though, so I'll have to get the book and figure it out.

It is out of print and hard to find, but if you join the discord linked in the op we can help you out.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Hell yes, I'm totally psyched for Goblin Spider's return.

Something will show up sometime before the deadline. It probably won't be some version of Herman Schultz. But I make no promises.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Waffleman_ posted:

You do realize that Marvel published a few Power Ranger comics back in the day.

Aw man, are you gonna do this? I was thinking of submitting Battle Fever J, hahaha.

Hmmm, need to think of something neat...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Little Mac posted:

Aw man, are you gonna do this? I was thinking of submitting Battle Fever J, hahaha.

Hmmm, need to think of something neat...

Do it anyway. :getin:

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Interested. Might do Blink, because it's not really Exiles without Blink. Or might do something else.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Benjamin Franklin: Founding Father, Enlightenment Luminary, Super-Skrull

Around the time of the Secret Invasion and the full extent of Skrull infiltration being revealed, Fr'nkln and a number of freshly minted Super-Skrulls were inbound to further reinforce the invasion and replace key governmental figures. Unfortunately for them, and fortunately (?) for Earth, they were knocked off course by one of those nasty cosmic time fluxes and hurled forcefully into the past. The ship crashlanded outside of Massachusetts, not far from the original infiltration point, but off by several hundred years. Fr'nkln was the only survivor.

Still, if nothing else, this provided him a rare opportunity. What better way to infiltrate the heart of America's governing structures than to take the place of one of the founding fathers? He assumed the identity of one Benjamin Franklin, a printer's apprentice who died in a tragic horse-related trampling, and slowly built up a reputation as an advocate of free speech and author. Using his knowledge of history and advanced scientific understanding, he was also able to form a number of important friendships and connections that would prove most useful in involving himself in the conversation surrounding independence and revolution.

Frankly, the plan was perfect. By the time of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, he was the most pivotally positioned Skrull of all. Sure, yes, his priorities had shifted slightly with exposure to the pleasures available on Earth, his ambassadorship to France being a prime opportunity to indulge in such, but he had completed his mission above and beyond the greatest hopes of Skrull leadership. Admittedly, they also did not know that he existed. Or that they had assigned any such mission. Those were minor technicalities at best.

It was only upon Doctor Strange and Clea's visit to the past to learn of the secret occult history that matters spun out of control. While the Sorceror Supreme went off to battle a wizard or something equally ridiculous, Ben didn't really catch that, he made Clea feel incredibly welcome. Upon his return, Doctor Strange did not take Clea's own Declaration of Independence well. He made up some sort of crazy story about Ben actually being an evil wizard and summoned the totality of his powers to banish him from existence. It was only a last minute intervention by Clea that saw him sent to the Nexus instead of somewhere more conventionally nasty like, say, Limbo.

quote:

Affiliation: Solo d6 | Buddy d8 | Team d10

Distinctions:
Founding Father
Historical Horndog
Time-Lost Skrull Infiltrator

Power Set — Fantastic Power Matrix:
Flame Blast — d10
Flame Mastery — d10
Force Blast — d8
Invisibility — d10
Stretching — d8
Subsonic Flight — d8
Superhuman Durability — d10
Superhuman Strength — d10
SFX: Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for each additional target add a d6 and keep an effect die.
SFX: Fiery Body. On a successful reaction against a melee attack action, inflict physical stress with the effect die. Spend a PP to step it up.
SFX: Force Constructs. When using a Force Blast power to create assets, add a d8 and step up the effect die.
SFX: Multipower. Add more than one Fantastic Power Matrix power die to a pool. Step back each Fantastic Power Matrix in that pool once for each die in the pool.
Limit: Conscious Activation. While stressed out, asleep, or unconscious, shutdown Fantastic Power Matrix. Recover that stress or wake up to recover Fantastic Power Matrix. If emotional trauma is received, shutdown Fantastic Power Matrix until trauma recovered.

Power Set — Skrull Paragon:
Enhanced Reflexes — d8
Enhanced Stamina — d8
Mind Control — d8
Shapeshifting — d10
SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore stress or trauma from vacuum, hunger, thirst, or fatigue.
Limit: Quick-Tempered. Gain 1 PP to step up emotional stress from taunting, insults, etc.

Specialties:
Combat Expert — d8
Cosmic Expert — d8
Science Master — d10
Psych Expert — d8
Tech Expert — d8
Vehicle Expert — d8

Distinction — A Man Of Appetites
1xp — when you name another character as a former romantic partner or reference some wild times you had.
3xp — when you help another character recover mental or emotional stress, or recover your own mental or emotional stress by flirting, partying, or socializing.
10xp — when you choose to jeopardize the team's efforts in pursuit of pleasure or give up a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to complete the team's mission.

Distinction — Not Even Doctor Strange Is Safe
1xp — when you admit your attraction to a powerful person's partner.
3xp — when you come into conflict with a powerful person over your attraction to their partner.
10xp — when you have a liaison under a powerful person's nose or convince them to join in.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 30, 2018

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Yo I'm in.

e: Luke Cage, the Iron Fist, is a-comin'

also RANDY SAVAGE, SORCERER SUPREME

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 29, 2018

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
As badly as I want to play mister OOPS! I DROPPED THE COSMIC CUBE! again, I've been thinking about US Army soldier Erik Kilmonger becoming War Machine since I saw the movie, so I might do that!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mega Man X

One day, two worlds merged. Thanks to the machinations of a demon lord and Death herself, two machines, Ultron and Sigma, combined their forms using the powerful Infinity Stones. In doing so they combined their two worlds. The heroes of both worlds battled for survival and, against all odds, they succeeded. However, the Reality Stone which had merged the worlds was shattered in the fight. So these heroes swore to protect their new home from whatever threats would arise – together.

That was ten years ago. Since then, the Avengers have been Cross-Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. Captain America, Chris Redfield, Iron Man, Ryu, Thor, Morrigan, Dr. Strange, Viewtiful Joe, Spider-Man, Gene, the God Hand, and Mega Man X. Over the years the team battled countless threats: Wesker and Neo-A.I.M.brella. Shadaloo and their Shadowland. Astaroth’s Inferno. Dr. Bilstein’s Secret Fourth Empire.

During this time, X grew ever stronger. The android Vision had enhanced his memory banks, allowing him to download the Avengers database into his computer brain, and Stark had enhanced his copy chip with that he called “Super Adaptoid-adjacent technology.” While Cap and Redfield led the team and members like Thor or Strange brought the power, X had the versatility to absorb his fallen foes’ abilities and use it to his advantage. Of the villains they fought, X didn’t sweat any of them.

Save Thanos. Since the Ultron-Sigma conflict he had been gaining power. The first was the development of the Satsui no Hado Gauntlet, a device capable of pulling forth a murderous spiritual power that could kill even Death. He had found more, though. The Ultimate Nullifier. The Power Stones (not to be confused with the Infinity Stone of the same name). The Devil Arm, Pandora. The Cosmic Cube.

Simply put, the Avengers never stood a chance. When Thanos finally attacked, now consumed by the Satsui no Hado, they were obliterated. The Mad Titan had become a Raging Demon – even his body had twisted and deformed. Ryu called him an “Oni” just before Thanos blasted a hole in his chest. Cap’s shield shattered on the ground. Joe was stomped into paste. X watched as his allies all died at Thanos’ mighty hand.

So X, with tears in his eyes – for even a Reploid can cry, absorbed the abilities of his fallen teammates. Thanos merely smiled, wagged his finger, and growled: “Come and get me.” Screaming, Mega Man X gave his all. And screaming, the last Avenger died.

quote:

Affiliations
Solo: d8
Buddy: d10
Team: d6

Distinctions
The Last Avenger
Built from Lost Technology
Man or Machine

Power Set: The X-Buster
Energy Blast d8

SFX: Weapon Emulator. If you are present in a scene where a villain is physically stressed out, spend 1 PP to choose one of their powers and add it to THE X-BUSTER. The power is removed from THE X-BUSTER at the end of the act.
SFX: Charged Weapon. Step up or double any THE X-BUSTER power on your next roll, or spend 1 PP to do both, then shut down that power. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
Limit: Weapon Energy Depletion. Shutdown highest-rated THE X-BUSTER power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

Power Set: Combat Robot
Superhuman Stamina d10
Enhanced Durability d8
Reflexes d6

Limit: Heavy Metal. On a magnetic attack, or while swimming, change any COMBAT ROBOT power into a complication and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover the power.
Limit: Moody. Earn 1 PP and step up emotional stress caused by doubt, guilt, or self-worth by +1.

Specialties
Acrobatic Expert
Combat Expert
Vehicle Expert
Tech Master

Milestones
Fight, Mega Man...
1 XP when you declare a villain as a former ally.
3 XP when you take emotional stress from your former ally.
10 XP when you either step up a former ally's physical trauma beyond d12, or let them escape to fight again.

...for Everlasting Peace
1 XP when you activate your Moody Limit.
3 XP when you try to convince a villain not to harm the innocent before resorting to a fight.
10 XP when you either refuse to fight at an important moment, or sacrifice yourself to save others.

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 8, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Artist Credit: Robert-Shane on Devianart

Darth Doom

In a temporally relative period far out-of-sync, in a universe far displaced from the main marvel universe,

Secret Wars
Episode VI: Return Of The Marvels

Victor Von Skywalker was a poor slave from Tatootine. He toiled away as an engineer for his greedy owner. He lived with his mother, Cynthia Skywalker, who was also a slave. His skills with technology were self-taught and he was quite a prodigy. His abilities took the eye of Marvel Master, Franklin Storm. Testing the young Skywalker, he determined he had the potential to use the Power Cosmic, an energy field generated by all lifeforms. While Franklin Storm already had an apprentice, Reed Richards, he was interested in shaping the prodigy. This was not to be, however, as Master Storm would meet his end shortly after meeting the boy. Reed Richards would be assigned as Victor Von Skywalker's teacher.

Trying his best to train the young Victor in the Marvel ways, Victor Von Skywalker grew to be an arrogant, self-absorbed teen who felt misunderstood and underestimated. He knew nothing of humility or understanding. The Marvel Avengers, the council that ran the Order of Marvels, feared where this could lead, especially Master Stephen Strange, the leader of the Marvels. There was the fear he could fall to villainy and become a member of Hydra, an evil sect that focused on domination and the dark side of the Power Cosmic that had broken off from the Order of Marvels.

Unbeknownst to the Avengers, the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic, Supreme Chancellor Dione, was secretly the leader of Hydra, Darth Thanos. Seeing the potential of the young Victor Von Skywalker, he did his best to give support to young lad, secure a spot as his mentor, and be his confidant. During their meetings, Victor Von Skywalker confided in Supreme Chancellor Dione that he had fallen in love with Sue Storm, Franklin Storm's daughter. He tried to court the older Marvel, only to find that Reed Richards had already fallen in love with and had secretly married her, as marriage was forbidden among Marvels.

Playing to the young Victor's possessiveness, fragile masculinity, and humongous ego, Supreme Chancellor Dione revealed his true identity as Darth Thanos and convinced Victor Von Skywalker to work with him in his Grand Plan.

Using the Skrulls, Darth Thanos began a Secret Invasion of the Republic. With the confusion and paranoia at an all time high, Thanos' Skrull agents picked off and killed Marvels and diminished their numbers. Victor Von Skywalker took advantage of the knowledge that Darth Thanos fed him to oust secret Skrulls and gain favor and power. This culminated on a seat on the Avengers for the young Skywalker.

Quickly taking advantage of his position, he lured and separated the Avengers and led them into traps that ended in their deaths until only Master Stephen Strange and Master Reed Richards remained. Knowing something was up, the two Marvels found out about the plot and confronted the schemers. During their encounter, Victor revealed his love for Sue Storm and his scorn of Reed Richards. In the end, however, Reed won their encounter and Victor was thrown into a volcano and horribly disfigured. However, Darth Thanos won his encounter and Master Stephen Strange was forced to go into hiding. Using the attack as an excuse, Darth Thanos used his position as Supreme Chancellor to declare war on the Marvels leading to their extermination, with only Master Strange and Master Richards as survivors. Master Richards, widowed, was left to care for his two children alone.

The deformed Victor Von Skywalker was forced into an iron suit to survive and finally embraced Hydra under the new name: Darth Doom.

For twenty years, Darth Thanos' Empire ruled the galaxy. But, then, an alliance of rebels began to fight back against the Empire. At first, they were a nuisance. But, soon, they became a true threat. Successfully stopping Darth Thanos from collecting the Infinity Stones, the rebels Valeria and Franklin Richards drew Darth Thanos attention. He sent Darth Doom after them.

At first, Darth Doom thought the name was a coincidence. However, he would find out the pair were the children of his hated Reed Richards. Using them to track down Reed Richards, he rematched his now aging master and finally ended his master's life. Darth Doom went so far as to kill Master Richards in front of Richards' children. The pair attempted to fight Darth Doom, but he defeated them both effortlessly. He could have killed them both, but he had other plans. He tired of Darth Thanos' rule and wished to obtain the Infinity Gauntlet for himself. He offered to train the children as members of Hydra and that, together, they would rule the galaxy. Valeria, to Franklin's shock, agreed. Franklin, however, refused and escaped.

Darth Doom took it as of no consequence, viewing Franklin as weak in the Power Cosmic anyway.

Training the young Valeria in secret, the duo eventually felt confident to challenge Darth Thanos for rule. However, luck was not on their side. Darth Thanos had already secretly collected the Mind Stone and had know of their plot for quite some time. He was prepared and almost defeated them. But, that was when Franklin Richards, trained by Master Strange, intervened. Franklin Richards revealed an impossibly powerful use of the Power Cosmic. He had been a true prodigy, but his powers only manifested in puberty and were refined by Master Strange.

Destroying Darth Thanos with a thought, Marvel Master Franklin Richards turned his attention to Darth Doom. While Darth Doom asked Valeria Richards to aid him, he instead found a Lightsaber in his back: Valeria Richards had always planned to betray Darth Doom and simply planned to use him to train him and give him a path to the throne. As Darth Doom lie dying on the floor, he saw Valeria and Franklin Richards argue on how to rule the Galaxy: Valeria for control of an Empire while Franklin argued to restore the Republic.

Darth Doom felt like a true failure. He felt empty, hollow, and depressed. His life was nothing but a series of mistakes. He only got on the Avengers through deception. His alliance lead to the death of his love, Sue Storm. And he now even failed in his final plans, leaving the universe in the hands of bickering children.

As his life ebbed away, he felt the draw of the Power Cosmic. Instead, however, he opened his eyes in the Nexus of All Realities.

Darth Doom posted:

Affiliations
Solo: D10
Buddy: D8
Team D6

Distinctions
Broken Narcissist
Former Lord Of A Space Fairing Empire
Master of the Power Cosmic

Power Set: Iron Knight
Lightsaber D10
Repulsar Blaster D10
Superhuman Durability D10
SFX: Makashi. Step up or double a Iron Knight die against a single target. Remove the highest rolling die and add 3 dice for your total.
SFX: Soresu. On a reaction against a Physcal attack action, inflict physical stress with your effect die at no PP cost or spend a PP to step it up by +1.
SFX: Ataru. Use two or more Iron Knight powers in a single dice pool at -1 step for each additional power.
SFX: Juyo. Add a d6 to your dice pool for an attack action and step back highest die in pool by –1. Step up Physical Stress inflicted by +1.
Limit: Gear. Shutdown Iron Knight and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. doom pool to recover.

Power Set: Master Of The Power Cosmic
Cosmic Flight D8
Cosmic Push D8
Cosmic Senses D10
Enhanced Reflexes D8
Mind Control D6
Psychic Resistance D10
Telepathy D6
SFX: Area Attack. Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target.
SFX: Emotional Outburst. Step up or double any Master Of The Power Cosmic power for one action. If the action fails, add a die to doom pool equal to the normal rating of your power die.
SFX: Focus. If a pool includes a Master Of The Power Cosmic power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one die +1 step larger.
SFX: Second Wind. Before you make an action including a Master Of The Power Cosmic power, you may move your Mental Stress die to the doom pool and step up the Master Of The Power Cosmic power by +1 for this action.
Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown any Master of the Power Cosmic power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
Limit: Will Of The Power Cosmic. Both 1 and 2 on your dice count as opportunities when using a Master of the Power Cosmic power.

Specialties
Acrobatic Expert D8
Combat Master D10
Cosmic Expert D8
Menace Expert D8
Mystic Expert D8
Science Master D10
Tech Master D10

Milestones

Cause Of His Own Problems
1XP when you speak of how you ruined your life and your universe.
3XP when you first take emotional stress in a scene.
10XP when you resolve to let go of the past and move on with your life or you give in to your despair and become consumed and worthless.

Shattered Ego
1XP when you speak of how you were once great and powerful.
3XP when you lose control and lash out in insecure rage at someone.
10XP when you either come to terms with your fallen status and seek redemption and humility or you do something horrid and irreversible to prove your worth to yourself and others.

Covok fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 1, 2018

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Alright, time to play six degrees of Marvel licensing! The original comic was published by Malibu Comics, who licensed it from US Manga Corps, who licensed it from the original Japanese, which is an adaptation from the original movies. Malibu went defunct in 1994, and got bought by Marvel. So, that counts, right?

A-ko Magami

I'm just your average, everyday, normal schoolgirl, who just so happens to be the daughter of Superman and Wonder Woman. I just want to get to school on time and enjoy a happy-go-lucky, carefree life, but it never quite seems to work out that way...

Folks just sort of accepted that the crashed space ship was just a normal part of the town once it had been there for long enough. Who would have thought that the owners would actually come looking for it? And, of course, it had to happen on the day when things were reaching a climax between me and this girl who says I skipped out on a fight with her when we were kids. Like, who even remembers that stuff?

Perhaps it was just one too many explosions, but, here I am. Any of you wanna tell me what the "Nexus of All Realities" is, exactly?

quote:

Affiliations: Solo d10, Buddy d8, Team d6

Distinctions: Agile Acrobat, Bulletproof Bruiser, Innocent Schoolgirl

Power Sets:
A Healthy, Athletic Girl
Superhuman Strength d10, Superhuman Stamina d10 Superhuman Durability d10
SFX: Invulnerable. Spend 1 PP to ignore physical stress or trauma results.
SFX: Shrug It Off. Spend 1 PP to recover your physical stress and step back your physical trauma by -1.
SFX: Collateral Damage: Any use of superhuman strength leaves the surrounding area all banged up: broken windows, crushed roads, smashed walls, etc.
Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown any Generic Set of Special Super Hero Abilities power to gain 1 PP. Activate any opportunity to recover.

Specialties:
Acrobatics Master d10
Combat Master d10

Milestones:
A Quiet, Normal Life
1 XP When you spend some time not having to save your friends from constant danger, and can relax to enjoy your carefree teenage years
3 XP When you get an entire day without any sort of violence happening
10 XP When you make a friend who isn't at all connected to the constant craziness of your life.

C-Ko's In Trouble Again
1 XP when you protect your friend(s) from harm.
3 XP when you put yourself in harm's way to get your friend(s) something they want or need.
10 XP when you are either able to save your friend's life/lives, or fail to save your friend(s) despite your great power.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

More than forty years ago, when the Apollo 13 mission brought back that strange black rock from the moon, that was the beginning of our world’s salvation. When that first glorious, frozen symbiote thawed, it enthusiastically shared its knowledge and vast cosmic wisdom with first the heads of NASA, and then the entire United States government. From there, it spread to the entire world. In history class, we watched the bombers drop symbiote-bombs on Vietnam and Cambodia, replacing the dangerous false unity of communism with the glorious uber-communism of symbiosis. We saw President Nixon declare that he was not an alien-human hybrid, and knew that they told a worthy lie. All that was before we were born, of course. We were fortunate to miss the troubling birth pains of our new world. But we know that it was the right thing to do.

Now, we live in a paradise. The early population reductions were terrible and unfortunate, yes. But now that we are all one in symbiosis, there is no war, no famine, no poverty. Global warming is a thing of the past. Disease has been virtually eradicated. The divisions of language and religion and ideology still exist, but they have been bridged by the shared union of symbiosis.

We are Gwen Stacy, and we are Carnage, which is both the name of our symbiote-half and the name of our post-punk all-girl garage band. Together, we are Gwenage, although we aren’t particularly sure about that name yet. Our father is George Stacy, who is better known to the public as Captain Venom. As a Hunter, it is their job to police the actions of rogue symbiotes; it is a sad fact that not all of us can achieve peaceful coexistence with our fellow symbiotes, or overcome our natural and healthy urges to eat one another. When those rare crimes are committed, the Symbiotic Union dispatches the Hunters to track down and bring the criminal back for trial and expurgation. Our father-sire is a great hero, and we have been following in their footsteps all our lives. In fact, we were pursuing a degree in forensic biology at Empire State University in the Hive-City of New York when we were attacked in our dorm room by the terrible criminal Zzxz, seeking vengeance against our father.

And then we woke up here, in this new world. Awesome! So much better than being dead, right? We do miss the shared mind-union of fellow symbiotes, but we look forward to forging new symbiotic unions with friends. We’re here to show the singular you that being a human/alien hybrid isn’t bad at all! We aren't evil! We don’t go on murderous rampages, or eat people, (unless they’re really bad people). We don’t bite, much. We’re just your friendly neighborhood symbiote!

quote:

Gwenage (Gwen Stacy, Secret)

Affiliations:
Solo d10
Buddy d8
Team d6

Distinctions:
Nancy Drew, Girl Detective
Your Friendly Neighborhood Symbiote
Of Two Minds

Power set: Symbiote
Enhanced Durability D8, Enhanced Senses D8, Shapeshifting D6, Superhuman Reflexes D10, Superhuman Stamina D10, Superhuman Strength D10, Tentacles D8, Wall-Crawling D6,

SFX: Spider-Sense. Spend 1 PP to add Enhanced Senses (or step up if already in your pool) and
reroll all dice on a reaction.
SFX: Sharp Objects. Step back the highest die in an attack action pool to add a D6 and step up physical stress inflicted.
SFX: Envelop. When inflicting a restraining or immobilizing complication on a target, add a D6 and step up the effect die.
SFX: Multipower. Use two or more Symbiote powers in your dice pool, at –1 step for each additional power.
Limit: Symbiote Vulnerability. After making a reaction against fire-based or sonic-based attacks, take emotional stress equal to the attack’s effect die, regardless of physical stress taken.
Limit: Separation Anxiety: Shut down one symbiote power to gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or participate in a transition scene to recover that power.

Specialties:
Acrobatics Master D10, Science Expert D8, Menace Expert D8, Covert Expert D8

Milestone:

Insert Pop Culture Reference Here
1XP: When you joke or quip while inflicting stress or complications
5XP: When you deflate the tension in a situation by pointing out an absurdity
10XP: When you are stressed out from Emotional stress and have a mental breakdown, or when you help someone else recover from their emotional breakdown.

Join Usssssss
1XP: When you act disquietingly inhuman.
5XP: When you preach to the public the benefits of symbiosis.
10XP: When you either make a symbiotic convert or you separate voluntarily from your own symbiote.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 4, 2018

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
I wanna pitch a character at you from an old MHRP thread that got abandoned a few years ago. I was playing She Hulk that somehow managed to join with a symbiote. Would it be too fourth-wall if she knew she was in a comic/universe that was already destroyed?

Sion fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 29, 2018

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Agent Addison

I can't emphasize enough how well-prepared we were for the incursion crisis. Most universes barely start to prepare by the time universes start to intersect. In my universe SHIELD had been preparing for years, gathering the greatest minds and the strongest heroes onto one helicarrier to work together for the good of society. We fought back Hydra, we stopped Cul Borson from exploiting the apocalypse and starting an age of fear. We beat Thanos, we beat Apocalypse, we beat Dracula. Name a world-ending threat, we stopped it. We made multiple artificial cosmic cubes. Hell, we even managed to make Dr Doom and Reed Richards work in the same room. Quite simply, we made a team that could do the impossible. When the incursions came, we looked them in the eye and we did everything we could to stop them.

We still died.

Well, we mostly died. I survived. Technically. I mean, I'm here, right? Lost most of my equipment, lost most of my superpowered support, definitely lost my SHIELD backing... But I'm still alive, and there's still worlds that need saving. I guess I still have some work to do.

Avengers Alliance was a hell of a game, huh? Anyway, I'm applying with the nameless main character from a weirdly-good movie tie-in Facebook game that closed years ago, so that's fun.

quote:

Affiliations: Solo d6, Buddy d8, Team d10

Distinctions:
Survivor Of A Dead World
“I’ve Fought Bigger”
Agent Of (A) SHIELD

Iso-8 Enhanced Gear
Enhanced Durability d8, Enhanced Stamina d8,
Enhanced Strength d8, Weapon d8
SFX: Nano-Nurse: Add Enhanced Stamina to your dice pool when helping others recover physical stress. Spend 1 PP to recover your own or another’s physical stress or step back your own or another’s physical trauma.
SFX: Rebuilt Arsenal: Add a d6 to the doom pool to step up a Combat or Covert-related resource
SFX: Versatile Loadout: Replace Weapon die with 2d6 on your next roll
Limit: Gear: Shutdown an Iso-8 Enhanced Gear power to gain 1 PP. Take an action against the Doom Pool to recover.

Specialties:
Combat d8, Cosmic d8, Covert d8, Medical d8, Psych d8, Tech d8

Milestones:
Unshielded
1XP when you talk about how much better your home dimension was.
3XP when you help clean up a mess this universe’s SHIELD caused.
10XP when you either decide to stay behind in a dimension to help the local heroes get their act together or start an interdimensional spy agency to help all of them.

Avengers, Assembled
1XP when you ask someone for aid based on your history with them in another dimension.
3XP when you give someone assistance in the hopes of getting them to help you.
10XP when you either convince someone truly improbably to aid the forces of good or have your faith in someone utterly betrayed.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

Felicia Hardy, aka Venom

She took her first step towards becoming Venom at thirteen, when she and her good friends, Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy, snuck into a small lab downtown. They didn't get into anything dangerous, partly because the only thing that posed any real risk were the security systems - which they managed to trip, getting trapped inside a lockdown zone at 9:30 on Friday night. The trio was shut in for 36 hours, until they managed to trick the computer into advancing its internal clock, and became stalwart companions in the process.

The next stage came after college, when she and Peter both had internships at Oscorp (in the PR and AI divisions, respectively), and Gwen snagged a job with the gym where the cops trained. Peter got access to a large chunk of asteroid Reed Richards had brought back from one of their space expeditions, and Felicia leaned in just a bit too close to a black oily patch on it...

After everybody was done freaking out, they fumbled their way into a new arrangement: Gwen would get her hands on a police scanner and spar with suited-up Felicia, while Peter would set up a database of New York super-criminals and try to snag some info from SHIELD and INTERPOL, while Felicia (dubbed 'Venom' early on for her ruthless verbal attacks against several criminals within earshot of police) would start . . . well, not taking the law into her own hands, exactly, but somehow none of them was ever quite sure they'd be able to convince Gwen's dad of that.

It worked pretty well, for a while. And then there was this real piece of work with this weird-rear end bodysuit that had black spots on it that he could take off and throw, and wouldn't you know, Venom got nailed with a big one...

quote:

Affiliations: Solo d6, Buddy d10, Team d8

Distinctions:
Sorority Queen
Missing My Triplets
My Alien Partner

Venom Symbiote:
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Superhuman Senses d10
Siren Song d10
Cat's Pounce d6
Wall-Crawling d6
SFX: Hey! Listen! Emotional complications inflicted with Siren Song step up the damage die.
SFX: Multipower. Use two or more Venom Symbiote powers in your dice pool, at –1 step for each additional power.
SFX: Area Attack. Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 and keep +1 effect die.
Limit: Fire and Sonic Vulnerability. When making a reaction against fire-based or sonic-based actions, she takes emotional stress equal to the effect die of the attack, regardless of whether she also takes physical stress. If she’s stressed out by emotional stress, she flees immediately.

Specialties:
Acrobatic d8, Combat d8, Menace d8, Psych d10

Milestones:
Avengers, Assembled
1XP when you ask someone for aid based on your history with them in another dimension.
3XP when you give someone assistance in the hopes of getting them to help you.
10XP when you either convince someone truly improbably to aid the forces of good or have your faith in someone utterly betrayed.

John Smith Is Dead
1 XP when you encounter the dimensional counterpart of a loved one.
3 XP when you reveal your relationship to the other version.
10 XP when you either decide that the alternate means just as much to you, or cut off contact.

CaptainCarrot fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 29, 2018

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rogue

Anna Marie’s past is a long and troubled one. Her mother disappeared when she was young, so she was raised by her strict disciplinarian aunt. She ran away from home, meeting a boy her age. When she kissed him for the first time, her mutation Activated, nearly killing him. She was soon approached by Mystique, who took her in as an adopted daughter with her partner Destiny. Mystique had formed a Brotherhood of Mutants, and wished to use Rogue’s abilities to further their cause. On Rogue’s first mission, she battled with Professor X himself the leader of the X-Men draining away his powers and memories, leaving Charles Xavier in a coma

However, absorbing the mind of what may be the human races most powerful telepath was not easy, and she began experiencing attempts by the professors personality to take control of her body. It was during one such attempt that Rogue got a look inside the mind of Mystique and realised what she had planned for the future of Mutantkind and decided she could no longer support such a cause. Fleeing, she wandered the world in an attempt to fight for the cause of Mutant freedom, the right way.

However without the leadership of Professor X the X-men splintered and any attempts to establish peaceful co-existence were stymied. Instead the world took a dark turn and began persecuting mutants, sending gigantic war machines known as sentinels after suspected mutants. Rogue did what she could to fight them but it only resulted in her garnering even more attention to herself and the government of the United States dispatched it's most elite anti-mutant task force after her, Finding herself surrounded and under attack, Rogue desperately reached out with her telepathic powers for an escape.

Eventually she passed out from the strain and woke up here. Wherever here was.

quote:

Name: Anna Marie X (Secret)

Affiliations

Solo d10
Buddy d6
Team d8

Distinctions
Listening to the Voices
Southern Belle
Untouchable

Powersets

Omega Class Telepath

Mind Control d10, Psychic Blast d10, Telepathy d12, Psychic Resistance D10

SFX: Versatile: Split any Omega Class Telepath power into 2d at –1 step, or 3d at –2 steps.
SFX: Unleashed: Step up or double any Omega Class Telepath power for one action. If the action fails, add a die to doom pool equal to the normal rating of your power die.
Limit: Mutant. When affected by mutant-specific complications or tech, earn 1 PP.

Power Absorption

Leech D10, Mimic D12

SFX: Drain Vitality. When using Leech to create a Power Loss complication on a target,
add a d8 and keep an extra effect die for physical stress.
SFX: Memory Flash. Spend 1 pp to use any SFX or Specialty belonging to a target on
whom you have inflicted a Power Loss complication for your next roll.
SFX: What’s Yours is Mine. On a successful reaction against an action that involves
physical contact, convert your opponent’s effect die into a Power Loss complication.
If your opponent’s action succeeds, spend 1 pp to use this SFX.
Limit: Mutant. When affected by mutant-specific complications or tech, earn 1 pp.
Limit: Uncontrollable. Change any Power Absorption power into a complication to gain 1 pp. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover that power.
Limit: Zero Sum. Leech requires skin-to-skin contact with the target.Mimic only duplicates powers of those on whom you’ve inflicted a Power Loss complication. Mimic-based assets created based on the target’s power are limited in size to the Power Loss complication affecting the target.

Specialities

Acrobat Expert d8, Combat Expert d8 Psyche Master D10 Covert Expert D8

Milestones

Get Out of my Head Old Man!
1 XP: When you first take emotional or mental stress in a scene.
3 XP: When one of the personalities you've absorbed gives you some useful advice or information that helps with the current situation.
10 XP: When you manage to integrate the disparate parts of the personalities you've absorbed into a cohesive whole or when you finally crack and become totally insane.

Southern Rebel
1 XP when you offer someone sass, attitude, or Southern charm.
3 XP when you disobey orders from a prominent leader and go your own way.
10 XP when you either lead a team of your own or accept that you're not really cut out of leadership and let someone else take the lead without criticism.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 29, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Patricia Walker was a wealthy teenage socialite, heiress to her mother's publishing fortune, and (unhappily) the star of it's hit teen romance comic, "Patsy." Besides the embarrassment of her fictionalized youth, her most immediate concern was the October ball, and the revelation that her rival, Hedy Wolfe, was planning to attend in the same costume.

It was while dealing with this crisis that she made the most fateful discovery of her young life. Hidden away in the attic of her family's New York townhouse, she found a trunk which had had belonged to her grandfather, and inside it, the perfect costume: a ceremonial black leopard pelt outfit, brought back from an expedition to South America.

Patsy never did make it to the ball, finding herself instead caught up in a real caper, stopping a runaway killer, and stepping boldly into the life of costumed adventurer. By morning, the papers were all abuzz about the mystery woman who beat the police to collar the Mad Dog killer; the mystery woman they were calling "Miss Fury."

Patsy spent the next few months training in gymnastics, hand-to-hand combat, investigation, and more. As time went by, she became more keenly aware of the subtle magic woven into her costume, as well as it's subtle curse. For every boon it granted her, she would face two misfortunes. She made a hobby out of busting robberies, and catching crime lords, all while maintaining her identity as a mild mannered idle rich girl.

Then the U.S joined the Allies and American soldiers got ready to enter the war. "Patsy" became a mere feature in the new hit WWII action hero comics, and suddenly, Patricia Walker, socialite and media darling was expected to make public appearances in support of the war effort, as though she were some kind of Broadway starlet.

Sneaking away from USO shows, Patsy earned another nickname, "Fräulein Fury," as she began to apply her skills to fighting the fascists in Africa . By the time the Italian campaign began, she was fighting side-by-side with Captain America and the All-Winners Squad.

As the war approached Berlin's doorstep, things weren't going as rosy for the Winners or Allied high command as the news reels claimed. After the death of Captain America and Bucky, the replacement Cap couldn't keep tensions low enough among the All-Winners to continue working as a cohesive unit, and as Namor stormed out, the Soviets stormed in to Germany. In a quiet moment in January of 1945, General Eisenhower himself tasked Miss Fury with the most dangerous mission ever conceived: she was to infiltrate Berlin, alone, and assassinate Adolf Hitler before the Soviets had the chance to capture him.

She snuck into the city, slipped past the volksturm and Hitler youth, fought her way through an army of body guards, and did exactly what she was asked. There was never an escape plan. After the last two shots rang out in the tiny bunker, Hitler and his mistress lay dead in front of her. Patricia Walker closed her eyes, steeled her nerves, and prepared to die fighting. But when she opened them, she wasn't looking at a wall of blood-thirsty SS officers begging to eat lead. She was someplace else entirely...

quote:

Miss Fury
Patricia "Patsy" Walker (Secret)

Affiliations: Solo [D10], Buddy [D8], Team [D6]

Distinctions:
Thrill-Seeking Socialite
A Regular Hellcat
Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me

Cat Suit:
Magic Resistance: d8; Enhanced Reflexes: d8; Enhanced Speed: d8; Enhanced Strength: d8; Leaping: d6; Swingline: d6; World War Weapons: d6;

SFX: Cat Claws. Step back the highest die in your attack action pool to add a d6 to your pool and step up physical stress inflicted.

SFX: Focus. If your pool includes a Cat Suit power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one stepped-up die.

SFX: Miraculous Mantle. Step up or double any Cat Suit power for one action, or spend a PP to do both. After the action resolves, add a die equal to your effect die to the Doom pool.

Limit: Twice Cursed. Count 1s and 2s on dice as opportunities when using a Cat Suit power.

Limit: Gear. Shutdown World War Weapons and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity to recover World War Weapons.

Specialties:
Acrobatic Expert: d8; Combat Expert: d8; Covert Expert: d8; Crime Expert: d8; Vehicles Expert: d8;

Milestones
Miss America

Gain 1 xp when you flaunt your looks and charm in a support action, by flirting.
Gain 3 xp when you use your civilian alter ego to create a resource.
Gain 10 xp when you rebuke the flirtations of another hero, or decide they deserve more of your attention.

The Black Fury
Gain 1 xp the first time in a scene when you inflict physical trauma on an opponent.
Gain 3 xp when you use a covert asset to eliminate an unaware opponent.
Gain 10 xp when you either suffer trauma at the hands of an opponent, or are captured by the enemy.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 21, 2018

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

I wanted to post some information I wrote a few years ago and pulled from some other posters that I hope explains a bit about how to build a dice pool and how these disparate elements on the datafile come together in play. Hopefully this helps out with what these things are and what they do in the context of the game. If this raises more questions than answers let me know.

Lager posted:

Okay...So I promised I would post a bit about the system and how to use it. This is a very story-based system, with a lot of freedom to use your abilities in different ways. As long as the action makes narrative sense for you to use those abilities you're golden. So first things first. You've gotten into a combat and you are ready to roll some dice. The first step is to decide what you're going to do. You have three main options - inflict stress, inflict a complication, or create an asset for yourself on your next roll or another player on their next roll. Stress is basically damage, and you can choose between physical, emotional and mental stress. Basically think of these as beating them up, making them want to abandon the fight and curl up into a sock drawer in a depressive fit, or using telepathy or brainwashing on them to potentially turn them to your side. Anybody can inflict any of the damage types if they can justify it but that's the important part. In Marvel Heroic everyone has to learn to be the best bullshit artist possible.

Complications are really similar to stress but they're a bit different and sometimes more useful. They can be stacked with stress to allow you to make your pool grow, they disappear after the conflict is over whereas you'll have stress lingering after a fight is over (we'll get to that in a moment) and they can make an opponent waste an action to get rid of the complication. If you plan it right, for example, Spider-Man can start a round by webbing up the opponent with a d10 complication, allowing Wolverine to stab him in the face with an extra d10 die for the complication, and then the villain uses his turn getting rid of the webs, allowing Spider-Man and Wolverine to attack him again (albeit without the d10 complication unless Spider-Man is a dick and rinses/repeats).

Assets are kind of similar, they're basically one-time bonuses to a followup action that you can get. There are ways to make them last longer than a single action that we'll get to very shortly...

When you know what your action is going to be, it's time to build a dice pool. You can use one die from each of the various categories on your datafile. 1 affiliation (solo, buddy or team depending on how many other players are hanging out with you in the fight), 1 distinction, 1 power from each of your powersets like super strength or elemental blasts, etc, and 1 specialty like combat expert/master, etc. If you have a useful SFX you can activate one for each powerset your character has. You can also add the opponent's stress or complications, or any assets that other players (or you yourself) have created. Roll that big pile of virtual dice and add two of them together. That's your attack score. Then pick the biggest die type left over (doesn't matter what that die rolled) and that's your effect die (how hard you hit, for example). A d12 that rolled a 4 is just as good as a d12 that rolled a 12 when you're picking your effect die so if you rolled 2d12 and 1d10 and wound up with a 10 on the d10 and a 12 and 11 on the d12s, you might consider using the d10 and the higher d12 for the total attack, leaving the lower d12 for your effect. That makes a 22 with a d10 effect instead of a 23 with a d10 effect. Overall the d12 as an effect die is more awesome.

The opponent rolls a reaction to your action and the higher total attack wins. Ties are in the attacker's favor. Having a bigger effect die on defense can be beneficial because even if you lose the roll you can take less damage as a result because you step the attacker's effect die down one die type if you have a bigger effect die. Also of note is that if your attack roll beats the reaction roll by 5, you get an extraordinary success. The attacker's effect die gets stepped up by one die type for every 5 points by which they beat the reaction roll.

Next mechanic is Plot Points. You get these by rolling a 1 on your actions or reactions, and they're super awesome. I'm lazy so I'm quoting Defiance Industries, the Watcher for the Civil War game on here and one of the guys who taught me to play.

Defiance Industries posted:

The other major mechanics that go on are plot points and the doom pool. I group them together because they are kind of the same thing. You earn plot points by rolling 1s (at which point the watcher "buys" them from you with a plot point and gets to add a D6 to his doom pool), using your distinctions as a D4 instead of a D8 (which is in situations where the distinction is a disadvantage, like Iron Man's "billionaire playboy" distinction might be a disadvantage when trying to persuade someone who is very serious), or activating your limits. 

The Defiance Industries Guide to Using Plot Points! 

Plot points can do a lot of things. They're pretty versatile and exist mostly to help you get awesome. Your choices can be grouped roughly into four categories. 

Activating SFX is pretty obvious. Most characters have at least one SFX you spend a PP to use. In the case of a Limit saying you need to "activate an opportunity" to regain a power, that also requires a PP, and uses up that opportunity. 

Before the Roll you can use PP on the following things: 

Add a D6 push die. Use this when you can't think of something better. Generally, though, you want to... 

Add a stunt die. A stunt dice is like a push dice except better because it is D8, not D6 (D10 if the Watcher rolled a 1 that you are using). There is a catch, though: a push dice requires nothing extra, while a stunt dice requires you to tie it in to a power or specialty your character has. You are also, and the rulebook does specify this, required to describe the cool thing your character did, whether it's Iron Fist snap-kicking a keg into someone's dick or using Tony's tech mastery to make every screen in the room play a sex tape he made of him and the bad guy's daughter. 

Use more than one die from a set. When I had Iron Man shoot a giant fuckoff laser at the Shark Man and the Armadillo Man, I used two SFX from my powered armor set at the same time so I had to spend a PP to do that. You could also do it if you wanted to use two distinctions or expertises or whatever. 

Add your stress die to your roll. This is a more unusual one. You can add your own stress die to your dice pool "when it makes sense." So we want to do things more in line with "add my emotional stress to my roll to see if I am strong enough to stop a train!" rather than "why yes my d12 mental stress makes me even better at repairing the Quinjet engines that are exploding in mid-flight, why do you ask?" Keep in mind two things: first, that the Watcher can use your stress dice in his pool, as well, and that it steps said stress up +1 after that action ends (so, if you have D6 stress and use it, it's still D6 when I add it to my pool, too, but after that you go to D8). 

After the Roll 

Add an extra die to your total. You know about this one. 

Add an extra effect die. Functions basically like AoE except you pay one PP for each effect die. You can't use two effect die on the same target, though, so you can either hit multiple enemies at once (or multiple members of a mob of enemies, to knock out several dice at once), like you kicked two dudes into each other. OR, if you can come up with a good description, you could use the second effect die to create an asset or complication, like if Spider-Man were to swing and hit a bigass robot, and it ends up crashing into some pipes and steam starts going everywhere as a result, confusing the robot's thermal scanners. It doesn't specifically say you can do this, but it doesn't say you can't. Have a good description and make it sound cool, that's the important thing! 

Change the stress to a different type. You can make your attack any type of stress (physical, emotional, mental) you want, if you can come up with a reason. Beast might try inflicting emotional stress by intentionally pulling punches he could connect with to demoralize an enemy, or he could inflict mental stress by confusing and disorienting an enemy with well-placed strobe lights. However, for a PP you can redirect stress to a different pool. You might decide that a physical attack didn't hurt you, it just MADE YOU SO GODDAMN MAD, for example. A mental attack might not harm you mentally, it might make you lash out and injure yourself. 

Use an effect die on a reaction as an asset/complication. On a successful roll, you can use a PP to turn your effect die into a persistent effect; again, I assume you will describe it somehow and make it sound cool. If some random dude tries to take out She-Hulk with a flying double-leg dropkick, She-Hulk might decide that the kick not only didn't hurt, but the guy broke both his legs doing it, and spend a PP to turn the D10 effect die into "D10 Broke His Legs Like a Dumbass." 

In transition scenes 

Use a PP to create an asset associated with an expertise. This can be useful in a lot of ways. It can dictate the direction a plot takes by showing which types of leads the PCs get (a team like ours, which is loaded with stuff like Tech and Science, will gather different info than a team of Covert/Crime people, for instance). You can also use it to create a resource for the next scene that represents preparation beforehand. A resource created with Expert skill is a D6, while a resource created with a Master skill is D8. So if Dr. Strange wanted to cook us up some protection beforehand for our journey into the literal Sphincter of Hell, he could spend a PP to put a D8 Mystic resource on us that could represent a persistent spell to repel rear end-bats. If we were headed into the Great Purple Galaxy, though, he could only give us a D6 Cosmic resource. 

Borrow an expertise from another player. Beast and Dr. Strange, who do a lot of our healing people up, could do this to collaborate on a medical project. The PP that gets spent in this way doesn't go back to the Watcher, though, but rather to the player who you request help from. It also doesn't have to be the same skill, in some cases. If the team got hit with a nano-virus in an action scene, Beast might use his science mastery to isolate it, and then he could give Iron Man a PP to use his Tech Mastery to help him design and deploy a countermeasure. 

The Doom Pool is kind of the same way; I can use the dice in it as Watcher to make my rolls better or to activate things. It also represents a general opposition for rolls that aren't against a specific person. A good example is the attempts to pull Thor's hammer up last scene, where they had to beat my Doom Pool roll because they weren't actively fighting Dr. Doom while they were doing it. 

Hope this info is helpful for any new players! Once again, feel free to PM me with any questions about the rules or applications you've posted or are considering.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
tl;dr - http://nerdnyc.com/tmp/marvel/Hero-Cheat-Sheet.pdf

I think that's about all the same info Lager wrote out but in one handy official cheat sheet. :downs:

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

John Dyne posted:

tl;dr - http://nerdnyc.com/tmp/marvel/Hero-Cheat-Sheet.pdf

I think that's about all the same info Lager wrote out but in one handy official cheat sheet. :downs:

Couldn't post that 4 years ago in my old Conan game thread and save me the work of typing all that?

thanks

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Luke Cage, the Iron Fist

I had a friend once, lived a real rough life. Lost his family when he was a kid, almost died himself. And then he got put through the worst hell of his life, just to fulfill a prophecy. He told me once, "There will always be an Iron Fist. I'm just one in a long line; it's my destiny, Luke."

Man, gently caress destiny. gently caress prophecy. I grew real close to this man, and I watched him suffer, and I watched him die. I watched him give his life for the poo poo they drilled in his head as a kid. He coulda lived his life, had kids, had a family. If only it'd have been me.

Not a lot of people get that second chance, but I did. We had a major threat coming our way, a guy looking for these stones that would have made him able to destroy all life in the flick of a wrist. Threat like that brings us capes together, and I learned about a little green rock that could alter the flow of time.

Yeah, I took that chance. I went back, and got on that plane instead of the Rands. I found myself in K'un-Lun, and I broke my foot off in that dragon's rear end and claimed myself a sweet tattoo. And I watched for awhile. Danny did good. Grew up to be a great man. I'd already dedicated my life to setting the world right by my own choice, so it's better this way.

Or so I thought. Turns out if you gently caress with time that badly, it tries to correct itself. And I got shunted off the face of reality into god knows where. Now, I'm with a group they call the Exiles. We're all 'not from around here', and it's the weirdest bunch I've ever run into.

But man, if it bought Danny some peace.. I'm for it.

Luke Cage, The Iron Fist

Affiliations
Solo D8
Buddy D10
Team D6

Distinctions
Living Weapon of K'un-Lun
Street Smart
Different History

UNBREAKABLE
Superhuman Durability D10
Superhuman Stamina D10
Superhuman Strength D10

SFX: Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for every additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
SFX: Second Wind. Before you make an action including an UNBREAKABLE power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step up the UNBREAKABLE power for this action.
SFX: Versatile. Replace any UNBREAKABLE power with 2d8 or 3d6 on your next roll.
SFX: Invulnerability. Spend 1 PP to ignore physical stress or trauma.
Limit: Difficult Recovery. Add your SUPERHUMAN DURABILITY die to the opposing roll when others try to recover your physical stress.

HEART OF SHOU-LAO
Chi Mastery D10
Chi Strike D10
Enhanced Reflexes D8
Enhanced Speed D8
Superhuman Senses D10

SFX: Chi Augmentation. Step up or double a Heart of Shou-Lao power die for one action. If that action fails, add a die to the Doom pool equal to the normal rating of the power die.
SFX: Chi Focus. In a pool including a Heart of Shou-Lao die, replace two dice of equal steps with one die of +1 step larger.
SFX: Chi Healing. Add Chi Mastery to your dice pool when helping others to recover stress. Spend 1 PP to recover your own or another's physical stress or step back your own or another's physical trauma.
SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma or complications from poisons, disease, fatigue or aging.
SFX: Iron Fist. Step up or double Chi Strike for one action. If the action fails, shutdown Chi Strike. Recover during a Transition Scene or by activating an opportunity.
SFX: Multipower. Add more than one Heart of Shou-Lao power to a single dice pool. Step back each Heart of Shou-Lao power die in that pool once for each die beyond the first.
Limit: Conscious Activation. While stressed out, asleep or unconscious, shutdown Heart of Shou-Lao. Recover Heart of Shou-Lao when you recover that stress or wake up. If you take mental trauma, shutdown Heart of Shou-Lao until you recover that trauma.

Specialties
Business Expert D8
Combat Master D10
Menace Master D10
Covert Expert D8
Crime Expert D8
Mystic Expert D8

Scion of the Iron Fists
1 XP when you discover a new technique or use a new Chi stunt for the first time.
3 XP when you overcome a serious threat with a new Chi stunt or when you learn an important lesson in defeat.
10 XP when you defeat an ancient foe of K'un-Lun or when you convince an old enemy to give up a grudge and reform their ways.

200 Dollars from Doom
1 XP when you offer a direct, blunt approach to a complicated problem.
3 XP when you start trouble by punching a bad guy in the face or inflict mental stress on a hero who is over-thinking his problems and being an angst-ridden idiot.
10 XP when you either defeat an enemy through direct physical confrontation or take a step back and elect to use more subtle methodology

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Neena 'Bullseye' Barton (Earth-3899)

Neena Beatrice was a promising candidate for the top secret Weapon X program spearheaded by the People's Republic of Canada in an effort to stave off the American President-for-life McCarthy's controversial Avengers initiative - a highly powered, highly trained, and highly aggressive "peacekeeping" force to expand American Capitalist autocratic ideology across the globe. The program was well underway when Neena was added to the roster and began to undergo her training - several operatives before her were already working in the field, in secret. When the American multi-bilionaire weapons manufacturer, Tony Stark, was assassinated by a team led by Weapon Scarlet, the eye of SHIELD and its Mighty Avengers turned north. Weapon X was rapidly sieged and dismantled, with Neena being captured by Hawkeye in one of the prep labs, before Dr Cornelius could begin his final battery of "preparations" for her before final rollout. She was thrown on a quinjet and sent to a secure facility in upstate New York, where she could be detained, debriefed, and possibly rehabilitated. The People's Republic of Canada, meanwhile, was finally officially annexed into the Unified America.

Clint Barton, Hawkeye, took pity on the young woman who had no concept of the outside world. He'd often sneak away up to the compound to use his Black level access to pull her from the rehabilitation therapies to go out to diners, the movies, all of the normal things she'd never experienced. Over time, they would go hunting, Clint teaching her how to hunt with bow and arrow and perpetually being amazed at how natural a markswoman she was. One thing led to another, and in a secret ceremony they were married in the summer of 1998. When President Fury succeeded McCarthy in '99, the regime shuffle after such a long reign was chaotic to say the least, and in that chaos the rehabilitation facility where Neena was kept was quietly decommissioned, with most of its inmates being dispersed to other facilities, Neena being one of the few to be secreted out into freedom through Clint's connections.

They continued their marriage in secret for some time, her very existence as an uncontained, unallied Being of Exceptional Power being a treasonous offense on the part of Clint, but he didn't care. Their lives were quiet and mundane. Simple. To maintain appearances, Hawkeye remained loyal to the government and continued to serve in the Avengers, even when they were deployed to finally bring Wakanda to heel so they would stop leading the RAACE (Resistance Against American Capitalist Encirclement), culminating in the assassination of President T'Challa for crimes against American authority. Clint never returned from the sortie and he was, in fact, branded a traitor to the state posthumously, with no elaboration of his crimes. Neena immediately went to ground and waited it out, her Weapon X training rapidly coming back to her. Blaming Fury and the Avengers for her husband's death, she took up Clint's bow and set out on her own, systematically hunting down each of the Avengers, starting with Iron Monger.

Almost 15 years later, with all but one of the Avengers dead and President Fury himself in hiding, Bullseye is now a recognized name the world over as the assassin who will take out anyone if the money is good, or if it will provide intel to further her hunt for Grand Marshall Rogers and President Fury. Having caught their scent, she tracked them to the badlands of Montana, but Fury had one trick up his sleeve she didn't account for - one of his rehabilitated mutants, a man named Xavier, could wrest control of the mind of Mordo, the Sorceror Supreme, and use his sorcery to tear a hole in the fabric of reality. Bullseye blindly followed Fury through the portal, her vengeance superceding all notion of safety.

She wasn't prepared for what she'd find on the other side.

AFFILIATIONS:
Solo [D10], Buddy [D8], Team [D6]

DISTINCTIONS:
Checkered Past
Femme Fatale
I Always Get My Target

POWER SETS:

Probability Manipulation:
Superhuman Reflexes D10
SFX: Domino Effect - On a successful reaction against a physical stress attack action, inflict physical stress with your effect die. Spend 1 pp to step it up.
SFX: Second Chance - If your pool includes a Probability Manipulation power, spend 1 pp to reroll.
Limit: Exhausted - Shutdown Superhuman Reflexes to gain 1 pp. Activate an opportunity or participate in a Transition Scene to recover that power.
Limit: Mutant - When affected by mutant-specific complications or tech, earn 1 pp.

Bow and Trick Arrows:
Enhanced Durability D8
Weapon D8
SFX: Shoot to Kill - Add a d6 to your attack action pool and step back the highest die in pool. Step up physical stress inflicted.
SFX: Trick Shot - Against a single target, step up or double a Weapon die. Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.
SFX: EMP Arrow - Against multiple robot or computerized opponents, for every additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
SFX: Adamantium Arrow - When your target uses a Durability power in their reaction pool, step up physical stress inflicted.
SFX: Explosive Arrow - Step up or double Weapon for one action. If the action fails, add a die to doom pool equal to the normal rating of your power die.
Limit: Gear. Shutdown Bow and Trick Arrows to gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. doom pool to recover.

SPECIALTIES:
Acrobatic Expert D8
Combat Master D10
Covert Masster D10
Menace Expert D8
Psych Expert D8

MILESTONES:
John Smith Is Dead
1 XP when you encounter the dimensional counterpart of a loved one.
3 XP when you reveal your relationship to the other version.
10 XP when you either decide that the alternate means just as much to you, or cut off contact.

War Zone:
1 XP when you declare war on an enemy.
3 XP when you use a Transition Scene to arm yourself or your allies.
10 XP when you either take trauma in pursuit of your war or you are captured by the enemy.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 1, 2018

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."

While hunting a strange, mystic mutant, I fell into an abominable black pit. I awoke in a strange, foreign land. My legs and spinal cord had been destroyed in the fall, but replaced with strange,
foreign machines, like the abominable old man's strange contraptions, but even further afield. "Welcome Back, Gaston." they told me. "You are lucky to be alive after such a fall." I glared, and responded "Lucky? Luck has nothing to do with it. I will never be killed, and certainly not by a mere fall

I was made to participate in combat games for their amusement. They had guns, guns bigger and more powerful than I had ever seen, and the guns too big for a man to carry, I carried as well. I learned the motorcycle,
an iron horse exceeding our horses by the same degree to which I exceed a normal man. And through my rebuilt technological spinal cord, I could reach into them, and understand them. Truly understand them, not the kind of understanding foolish princesses and old fools get from reading.

I became the hero of a community one again. The best warrior. The best shot. The best cyclist. The strongest man. The strongest man. The strongest man. Gaston!

And, at this nexus of universes, at this crisis of worlds, a new opportunity opens once again: My old world. My old rival. The Beast still lives.

But I still live too.

pre:
GasTRON 

Affiliations:
Solo d8 
Buddy d6 
Team d10 

Distinctions: 
Overwhelming Charisma
Arrogance Beyond Measure
Mutant Stole My Girl 

Power Set 1: PERFECT, A PURE PARAGON 
Superhuman Durability d10
Superhuman Strength d10 
Enhanced Stamina d8 
Leaping D6 

SFX: I WILL HAVE THEIR HEAD ON MY MANTLE: 
Add a d6 to the doom pool to step up or double a Paragon power.

SFX: NO ONE'S NECK'S AS INCREDIBLY THICK AS GASTON's. 
On a reaction against a Physical attack action, 
inflict physical stress with your effect die at no PP cost or spend a PP to step it up by +1.

SFX: I ADMIT THAT I'M RATHER INTIMIDATING 
When using Paragon powers to inflict emotional stress,
add a d6 and step up your effect die.

Limit: WHEN I WAS A LAD I ATE FIVE DOZEN EGGS. Shutdown any Paragon power to gain 1 PP. 
Activate an opportunity to recover or during a Transition Scene.

Power Set 2: PARADISE LOST: AFTER THE FALL  
Big Guns d10 
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Enhanced Speed d8
Hacking d8  

All The Power You've Been Given. 
Step up or double any Paradise power for one action, or spend a PP to do both. 
After the action resolves, add a die equal to your effect die to the Doom pool.

Explosives. 
Against multiple targets, for every additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die. 
For each complication you create using your effect dice, step up that effect die and add d6 to the doom pool.

Welcome Back, Gaston. Step up your physical stress die and move it to the doom pool. 
Spend 1 PP to do the same to physical trauma.

Limit: Gear. Shutdown to gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover.

Specialties: 
Musical Master d10 
Combat Master d10 
Menace Expert d8 
Tech Expert d8 
Vehicles Expert d8 

Most Popular Man In The Village: 

1 XP when you spend a Transition Scene eating, drinking, or carousing excessively. 

3 XP when an ordinary bystander is overawed by your powers. 

10 XP when you become the paragon of a new community, or something causes you to stop seeking public acclaim. 

The Beast Is Still Out There: 

1 XP when you face off directly with the largest or most physically deformed enemy on the field. 

3 XP when your refusal to back down when obviously outclassed or overpowered either causes you to take stress or
allows one of your allies to gain XP from one of their Milestones.

10 XP When you either capture or kill a superpowered fugitive or choose to let them escape. 

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 8, 2018

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Amaterasu Okami (aka Shiranui)

History

Long, long ago...

A tiny hamlet known as Kamiki lay nestled in a grove of proud and beautiful cherry blossoms. Each and every tree around the quiet burg was honored as a god. However, the village was not without its dark secrets. To satiate the appetite of Orochi, a fearsome cave-dwelling beast, a young maiden was offered as a sacrifice at the annual festival. With a body like a mountain and 8 heads mounted on necks the size of tree trunks, its blood-red eyes alone were said to curse anyone who gazed into them. No one dared disobey the horrific beast.

When the night of the sacrifice drew near, a mysterious white wolf appeared outside the village. This wolf, its coat as brilliant as snow, was dubbed Shiranui. The wolf kept a watchful eye on anyone who ventured outside the village, and made a habit of patrolling the streets at night. People assumed the wolf to be a familiar of Orochi. One villager took it upon himself to face the fearsome Shiranui. The warrior Nagi attempted many times to challenge the wolf. But his attempts were thwarted by Shiranui's swift movements.

Before long, the night of the accursed festival had arrived. A white plumed arrow heralded the coming sacrifice. Piercing the sky, the arrow sunk its shaft squarely into the home of Nami, the village's most beautiful maiden. Nagi, harboring a secret love for Nami, was enraged by this sign. Determined to put an end to Orochi once and for all, Nagi traveled to the beast's cave in place of his beloved.

The Moon Cave, a place as dark as evil itself, served as Orochi's home. As Nagi stood bravely before the entrance, a beast appeared, eyes glowing crimson upon 8 thrashing necks. Orochi stood tall before him, anxious for another sacrifice. Nagi leapt with incredible grace, swinging his blade valiantly. On and on he sliced, well into the moonless night... but Orochi's hide was like
steel. The blade left nary a scratch.

At long last, Nagi, his energy spent from the intense battle, dropped to his knees, fatigued and gasping for breath. He knew he was staring death in the face. It was then that the wolf appeared. As if to protect Nagi, it stood its ground before Orochi. In the darkness of the cave, the wolf's coat shone brilliantly. Alas, it was Shiranui, the wolf that dwelled outside the village. Baring its fearsome claws, Shiranui leapt toward Orochi. Orochi reared its terrifying heads, readying its fangs for battle. The two beasts struggled wildly, thrashing in the darkness. Mysterious and terrifying, the spectacle continued. Shiranui summoned gusts of divine wind to counter Orochi's flames. As Orochi closed in on Shiranui, sharpened claws glistening, a gigantic tree suddenly sprouted forth, shielding the wolf. Shiranui fought gallantly to gain the upper hand.

However, Orochi, protected by a mystical power, was not easily bested. Shiranui, covered in gashes, majestic coat dyed crimson, stood exhausted before the mighty Orochi. Orochi saw a chance to strike what would be the final blow. But Shiranui refused to give in. With its last ounce of strength, the majestic wolf gazed heavenward and unleashed a mighty howl. Suddenly, the black clouds overhead dissipated. The light from above glinted off Nagi's sword as a beacon of hope. Guided by his sword, Nagi, who had been taking shelter in the shadows, stood proudly to face his adversary. Channeling all his strength into his scarred and battered arms, he leapt ferociously toward Orochi, his sword poised high. The golden sword danced in his hands like a puppet on a string. One by one, Orochi's fearsome heads separated from their owner. Orochi's broken body collapsed in a lake of its own blood. In that instant, the curse that plagued the villagers was lifted. As the battle subsided, the sun shone once again in the sky.

Shiranui had succumbed to Orochi's poison and struggled to breathe. Nagi scooped the beast into his arms and returned to Kamiki. When they reached the village, Shiranui was no longer moving. The village elder gently stroked the wolf's head. In response, Shiranui let out a hoarse and pitiful bark, then closed its eyes and drifted off as if into slumber. Peace had at last returned to Kamiki Village. In honor of Shiranui's heroic exploits, the villagers erected a shrine and placed a statue of the wolf within it.

100 years later, Shiranui would reincarnate and return to the village to once again thwart Orochi and banish darkness and evil from the land. But this is not that tale. Before that, in a world that was not her own, the wolf, whose true name was Amaterasu, awoke once more, only to find a tiny bug hopping up and down on her nose.

"A-Ammy? What are ya doing here? Where ARE we?! Is this something to do with you?"

Attempting to swallow the bug didn't provide much help; it tasted bad and jumped around in her mouth. Besides, it seemed to know who she was, so for now, she allowed him to accompany her until she could find out what was going on.

"You don't seem to remember me! It's your pal, Issun! You look more like Shiranui than the Ammy I remember though... well, you're just going to have to trust me! I'll look out for ya!"

Personality

Amaterasu is the Goddess of the Sun, and displays the benevolence and heroic attitude expected along with it, using her celestial powers to help those in need, whether they realise it or not. She is far more intelligent than most realise; not only for a wolf, but smarter than most people around her, though it's impossible for her to ever communicate this verbally. Despite, or maybe even because of this, she tends to have a short attention span and tends to go to take a nap or get distracted if someone is being a bit too boring. She's also not incapable of being tricked, as the devious Ninetails was able to take advantage of her. Because of her inability to verbally communicate, she tends to be more of a doer than most, and because of her status as an animal, she tends to get overlooked for the deeds she does or mistaken in her intentions. This doesn't seem to bother her however.

Issun accompanies Amaterasu and speaks for her, which is good as he tends to be quite chatty. He's a bit crass and doesn't care much for formality, but he tends to get away with because he's a member of a race called Poncles, who are insect sized. Issun is actually younger than he acts and can be bit naive, and ran away from his responsibilities as Celestial Envoy. By accompanying Amaterasu he begins to learn a bit more about responsibility and heroism.

Abilities & Resources

Amaterasu has two key distinctions in her abilities.

First of all is her divinity and overall form as a wolf. Her abilities are a bit beyond that of a normal wolf, being a bit faster and more durable, though overall still vulnerable. Her status as a god affords her protection in the form of the Godhood SFX. She is able to wield divine instruments in this form, which are her main tools for combat. As a god she is a master of the mystic and is naturally attuned to those energies. She is also able to communicate with animals, and animals that would normally flee from wolves, such as birds or deer, are not bothered by her presence at all, though she can't really compel them to do anything. Her divinity also causes her to leave a trail of flowers and plants in her wake; her attacks in combat are accompanied by bursts of flower petals, and if she's in an area for long enough, plants and flowers will tend to grow.

Her second ability is the use of the divine brush. She is able to stop time, and though she can't physically move while doing so, she is capable of altering the world in a multitude of ways, the effects appearing as instantaneous changes. In her current state she doesn't have access to all of her celestial brush techniques. Her inherent ability is Sunrise; Amaterasu has the ability to make the sun appear in the sky wherever she chooses, turning night to day, or breaking apart rainclouds to make for a warm and sunny day. She also has access to Power Slash, which is a powerful cut capable of felling trees or cleaving rocks in two. Greensprout allows her to actively encourage the growth of plants; she can cause trees or flowers to enter full bloom even from a withered state, make large water lilies capable of sustaining her weight appear on the surface of water, cause trees to grow instantly from the ground, or encourage vines to pick her up and pull her to greater heights. Rejuvenation is a form of reality manipulation, allowing her to repair objects, as long as there is something that is obviously missing that she can use the Celestial Brush to "draw" back in to reality; she could use it to return a missing part to a machine or return a constellation to the sky, but not to fix a broken computer or heal an injured person.

Affiliations
d10 - Buddy
d8 - Solo
d6 - Team

Distinctions
Goddess of the Sun
The Wandering Artist, Issun
A Very Good Dog Wolf

Power Sets
Divine Beast
Divine Instruments d8, Enhanced Speed d8, Enhanced Senses d8, Enhanced Durability d8, Enhanced Stamina d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Fang and Claw d6, Animal Control d6

SFX: Divine Reflector
On a reaction against a physical attack action, inflict physical stress with your effect die at no PP cost or spend a PP to step it up by +1.
SFX: Divine Glaive
Add a d6 to your dice pool for an attack action and step back the highest die in your pool by –1. Step up physical stress inflicted by +1.
SFX: Divine Beads
Add d6 and step up effect die +1 when inflicting a complication using your string of beads on a target.
SFX: Godhood
Spend 1PP to ignore physical stress or physical trauma unless caused by a dark based attacks.
Limit: Spent Powers
If all Celestial Brush powers are shut down, gain 1PP and all Divine Beast powers and SFX are shut down except for Fang and Claw, Enhanced Speed and Enhanced Senses.
Limit: One Weapon at a Time
As soon as one of the SFX Divine Reflector, Divine Glaive, or Divine Beads is used, shut down the other two. Switch SFX by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
Limit: Gear
Shutdown Divine Instruments and the active Divine SFX and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. doom pool to recover.

Celestial Brush
Weather Mastery d10, Power Slash d10, Rejuvenation d8, Greensprout d8

SFX: Bloom
Add Greensprout to your dice pool when helping others recover stress. Spend 1 PP to recover another’s emotional stress or step back another’s emotional trauma by –1.
Limit: Ink Bottles
Shutdown any Celestial Brush power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

Specialties
Combat Expert d8
Covert Expert d8
Menace Expert d8
Acrobatic Master d10
Mystic Master d10

Milestones
White Wolf
1XP When someone mistakes you for a simple wolf or dog.
3XP When your status as a wolf gets you into trouble.
10XP When someone still sees you as just a simple wolf or dog despite a great display of heroism and power.

Origin of all that is good and mother to us all...
1XP When you first perform a miracle.
3XP When your miracles help to rejuvenate the land.
10XP When your miracles inspire belief in your divinity.

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 10, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

7 Ewoks in a trench coat

The AT-ST exploded as the logs smashed into its side. The tide of the battle was turning as the Ewoks' traps destroyed the imperial troops. The tiny bear-man danced a jig of joy, they were gonna eat well tonight!

But the walker had one last act to perform. As the logs swung away, the wrecked chassis tipped over. A shadow above the dancing Ewok grew, as he turned up to face the flaming wreckage that signalled his doom.

The tall figure smiles with satisfaction, another one teleported away, ready for- huh? The portal!? It can't be!

Six other Ewoks stood beside the captured Wicket. This wasn't meant to happen, how did they mess with the portal technology!?

The eyes light up on the eyes of the droid head Wicket had affixed to the top of his spear. " Oh my goodness! Where are we now? This is most upsetting."

AFFILIATIONS:[/b]
Solo [D6], Buddy [D8], Team [D10]

DISTINCTIONS:
Small and fuzzy
Deadly
Macguyver bears

POWER SETS:

TERRIFYING MURDERBEARS:
Destroy Empires D12
Traps D8
Primitive weapons D6

SFX: underdog - against a massive foe, spend 1pp to double effect.
SFX: Area Attack. Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 and keep +1 effect die.
SFX: They're everywhere!- spend an action on the doom pool to insert an ewok anywhere in the scene.
SFX: Technoantagonist- step down any attempt to use technology for it's intended purpose. Step up any attacks or attempts to destroy vehicles or robots.
SFX: Darkest hour- Destroy Empires is shut down until the doom pool contains at least 2d10 or 1d12
Limit: Split up!- shut down traps when losing group cohesion. Regroup to recover by activating an opportunity.
Limit: tiny fragile bears- shut down a terrifying murderbear power as one of the seven are tragically killed. Mourn the fallen in a transition scene to recover.

Gold Protocol Droid Head

Universal Translator D10

Limit: Sassy droid- shut down Universal Translator power set when the droid is upset by it's rough treatment. Spend an action on the doom pool to cheer it up and recover.

Milestones

Overlooked
1xp whenever anyone refers to you as cute, cuddly, small, or similarly dismissive terms.
3xp whenever a foe underestimated you to their peril
10xp when the multiverse regards you with the terror you deserve, or your reputation is permanantly ruined by a horrific defeat.

Backwater moon dwellers
1xp whenever you break or destroy a piece of technology
3xp when you shun a piece of technology which would make a task significantly less complex.
10xp when you finally embrace technology and incorporate advanced gear into your equipment, or when you convince your allies to replace their tech for more low tech gear

SPECIALTIES:
Combat Expert D8
Covert Master D10
Menace Expert D8
Tech Expert D8
Psych master D10 (protocol droid)

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 13:51 on May 4, 2018

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Green Goblin

Good, well put together application. If I remember right, this character was used in the Secret Wars game from a couple years back, right? Are you considering that to be canon? Does your character remember those events at all? Are they familiar with the idea of a multiverse?

Elijah Snow

I was very happy to see a non-traditional Marvel character get apped so quickly. A potentially supremely powerful character, but I like things like the Observer limit. How much do you think Elijah knows about the Exiles? Does he have awareness of universe blinking out before they're "supposed" to? Why did he decide to fake his way to the Nexus?

Green Ranger

Another non-traditional app. I like the voice that we see in the end of the bio and great choices for milestone names. Not much else to say though since the app is incomplete. You've got plenty of time before the application deadline, please finish it!

Slapstick

I have to admit that I have a serious soft spot for Slapstick. There are a few typos in your app, such as the Invulnerability SFX, which make it a little hard to read. I know what you mean in most of it, but if you get the chance to clean it up that would be helpful. Has your Slapstick worked with a team before? The bio makes me think she's a mostly solo character since nobody was willing to believe her, but with a Team d10 I feel like she must've. Any details there you've thought of?

Daredevil - Son of Satan

I like the sheet, seems pretty good if a bit underpowered. I feel like the Darksoul powerset could be fleshed out some, maybe with Area Attack or something. Could do with a limit there as well if you add a few new SFX. On character, though...How long was Daimon acting as Daredevil? How seasoned or green is this guy?

Ben Franklin - Super Skrull

Very nice. So what was Ben trying to accomplish in the past? Was he just winging it, hoping to get a signal to the Skrulls somehow to let them know that he was there and ask for orders? Or did he have a plan of some sort? How would Ben react to the knowledge of the multiverse, and of the destruction of other worlds? What would skin in the game look like to him?

Mega Man X

I like this sheet a lot. It feels underpowered, initially, but I can see that throwing waves of mooks at him would make him power up pretty quickly and provide a lot of versatility. Interested to see how that plays out in action scenes. Mega Man has been through a universal convergence and is familiar with the idea of multiple worlds, it sounds like. Is he aware of the full-fledged multiverse, though? He's used to working with a wide variety of characters, how long did it take him to adapt to his new situation before, and how long do you think it would take him to adapt now?

Darth Doom

This is bonkers, and hilarious. I appreciate your willingness to adjust the sheet based on my notes in Discord. How are you planning to balance the character between Doom and Vader? The bio blended their origins and stories fairly well, but as far as voice/character goes I feel like both those guys are pretty distinctive. How much Doom is in this guy, and how much Vader? Is he Vader in a Doom mask, or Doom with a lightsaber? Or how are you planning to strike that balance?

A-ko Magami

I have no idea who this character is, I've never really been into anime or manga with the exception of Cowboy Bebop and Studio Ghibli stuff. The sheet is pretty well made, though, and I can see what type of character she would be as far as game mechanics go. What sorts of stuff drives her to take action? She seems like she just wants to be ordinary, but how would she respond to the knowledge that universes are being destroyed seemingly randomly, and abnormally? Does she feel responsibility to help out wherever there's trouble, or does she need a more personal stake?

Gwenage

That's a messed up backstory. I like the sheet, though it'll be fun when the team visits Earth-14323, where everyone is a bad Irish stereotype with Banshee's powers. How similar is your world to the "regular" world? You describe pop culture references and such in your sheet, but your world seems disturbingly different. Is it just "Everybody Loves Symbiotes" over there, or how distinct is your version of pop culture? Does everybody still watch crazy, effects-driven blockbusters (albeit maybe at a lower volume)? You mentioned a band, what is symbiote music like? How much of your world is changed by them, aside from diet and everyone seeming a bit hive-minded?

Agent Addison

AA was a hell of a thing. Congrats on making a way better app than that mess on the wiki that you found! Mechanically I feel like it's pretty tight. Obviously your character has some experience with multiversal matters due to the incursions, which were generally represented in that game through fighting other people's teams in a PVP sort of setting, if I remember right. After presumably spending some time dealing with the multiverse as a hostile concept which was trying to kill you, how do you feel like your character will react to being tasked with saving other worlds, knowing that your own has already been destroyed? Why didn't any Exiles come to save your world?

Felicia Hardy - Venom

Hahaha, oh man, killed by the Spot. That's rough. How long were you in the vigilante game? Similar to Daredevil above, I feel like I didn't quite get a handle on Venom's experience level prior to (almost) shuffling off the mortal coil. How much of her behavior is influenced by the symbiote? Has she ever tried to eat a villain?

Rogue

I like the sheet, even if it is crazy powerful. How much has Rogue used her leech powers? Professor X seems to be the big one...has she mostly relied on his pilfered powers since that time, rather than her own natural powerset? She's never received X-Men training and spent most of her time on the run it seems like, how confident in her own abilities is she?

Patsy Walker - Miss Fury

It's everything I dreamed it would be. I'm a big fan of Patsy, so thank you for this one. Was Miss Fury ever used and abused by the family publishing company, or just Patsy? Did anyone ever make the link between the two? And it feels like Patsy accepted her fate pretty well there. Does she have any regrets? How will she feel being pulled into a Multiversal War, right out of a World War? How will she feel having no closure on the results of her actions?

Luke Cage - Iron Fist

I like this combo a lot. How long was Luke the Iron Fist after his time stone tomfoolery? You said he watched Danny grow up, what kinds of adventures did Luke have in the meantime? Or did he pretty much just stay in K'un-Lun?

Bullseye

Man, that's a rough universe...How will Bullseye respond to potentially seeing a whole bunch of familiar enemies throughout the multiverse? How will she respond to seeing who-knows-how-many versions of Clint? What did she have planned for after she finishes her "Bullseye Kills the Marvel Universe" title?

GasTRON

Hahahahahaha, I'm so happy this happened. With such a perfect physical specimen, though, how did he finally die to wind up here at the Nexus? Surely he wasn't bested in combat, was he? Again?

Amaterasu

I'll withhold on this one until it's complete, but I'll take this opportunity to say thanks very much to Lurks for helping out various players with their applications, including this one. Makes my job a lot easier.

7 Ewoks

You should know that if these fuzzballs make it into the game, they will have to be stacked inside a trench coat at some point. I just want to be clear on that. The sheet is hilarious. How do you plan to overcome the barriers of communication with other characters? I doubt anyone else will be able to communicate in Yub Nub, except maybe Elijah Snow.

In other news, due to the sheer number of apps I've decided to change it up a bit. See, in the original comics, there were actually two teams. One were the Exiles, formed to save worlds and fix time. The other was Weapon X, who were put together to do the dirty deeds that were deemed necessary - assassinations, coups, etc. I was originally planning to shamelessly rip off Defiance Industries's gimmick from the old Civil War game of having each player that was chosen eventually choose a second character to form up the rival Weapon X team. But with this many apps, I'm going to go ahead and accelerate my plans for the Weapon X storyline and start them concurrently. This means I'll be recruiting for both teams, with different players. Each team will have their own thread and there will be potential crossovers, though the two teams will have no knowledge of the other team's existence at the start. This way, I'll be able to include more characters (and players) from the start.

In addition, due to a schedule change on my side, I'm going to shut down recruitment on the 10th and make my picks known on May 11th, in order to put the posts up over the weekend to start the threads. I have a conflict on May 14th now and I don't want to keep everyone waiting until that clears up. If anyone lurking the thread was counting on that weekend to finish an app, feel free to PM me or something and we'll try to work it out.

I'll make another post with reactions to any additional apps that are posted sometime early next week.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Lager posted:

Elijah Snow

I was very happy to see a non-traditional Marvel character get apped so quickly. A potentially supremely powerful character, but I like things like the Observer limit. How much do you think Elijah knows about the Exiles? Does he have awareness of universe blinking out before they're "supposed" to? Why did he decide to fake his way to the Nexus?

Elijah has been aware of multiverse theory for a long time - the Snowflake as a name for the multiverse and the Bleed as a space between universes are phenomena that Planetary is well-versed in. However, it is his contact with the shiftship of Jim Wilder that led him to become aware of the Exiles - it was a trading vessel between universes, and when it was made operational again, it became aware that a number of those universes had winked out - something that shouldn't happen without much more entropy than it'd been aware of. That's what got Planetary on the track of the Exiles - looking at those lost universes and using the Drummer's abilities, the shiftship's knowledge and Elijah's collections of lore to work out that there were entities and even a sort of agency or agencies attempting to fix things.

Because Planetary's Earth is now effectively stabilized and quickly evolving into utopian status, Elijah felt safe in leaving Planetary to care for most things in his universe to go investigate this. The reason for this is that Elijah is a Century Baby - a human-shaped construct invented by the forces underpinning and maintaining the Snowflake to help protect and preserve things. Specifically, Elijah's remit is to save things. He saves people, he saves information, he saves lives. He prevents destruction, he fights entropy. It's his purpose for existence.

Saving universes, that was something he couldn't resist.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Lager posted:

Darth Doom

This is bonkers, and hilarious. I appreciate your willingness to adjust the sheet based on my notes in Discord. How are you planning to balance the character between Doom and Vader? The bio blended their origins and stories fairly well, but as far as voice/character goes I feel like both those guys are pretty distinctive. How much Doom is in this guy, and how much Vader? Is he Vader in a Doom mask, or Doom with a lightsaber? Or how are you planning to strike that balance?

I think Doom with a lightsaber, but wounded but also intimidating.

Like, Doom's personality is fun so he's making the base. But, in the context of the story, he's at the part of Return of the Jedi where, if he were Vader, he would be asking Luke to take off his mask. But he's not fully there yet. He sees the folly of his ways, but his ego and toxic masculinity and insecurity is stopping him from taking those last steps into the light. So, he's Doctor Doom in a shamed, vulnerable place. But, he's still Doom so he's putting on a show. However, he's been the fist of the Emperor for years and he is part Vader so he's very quick to intimidate and use fear, sort of like Doom, to get what he wants.

He's Doom with guilt and a sharper edge, is probably a summary.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Lager posted:

Ben Franklin - Super Skrull

Very nice. So what was Ben trying to accomplish in the past? Was he just winging it, hoping to get a signal to the Skrulls somehow to let them know that he was there and ask for orders? Or did he have a plan of some sort? How would Ben react to the knowledge of the multiverse, and of the destruction of other worlds? What would skin in the game look like to him?

A large portion of it was very much winging it, though he'd never admit that. He spent much of his early infiltration developing the necessary technology and infrastructure (under the guise of Franklin's experiments) to get into contact with the Skrulls to both reconnect with the command structure and, ideally, get exfiltrated to the home fleet. The problem came when he did set up the transmitter and his signal... simply wasn't answered. Ben still isn't sure whether there was some flaw in his machinery (impossible!) or whether the timeline changed enough with his dramatic entrance into the past to make contact impossible.

If there was no command, there was no mission. If there was no mission, what was there?

After that, he slowly transitioned from the hyper-trained, hyper-mission-focused personality expected of a Skrull commando and infiltrator to the more hedonistic enjoyment that Ben was later known for. The role he found himself in offered a plausible explanation for his activities, too, should Skrull command ever happen to return his calls. Why not enjoy himself while he waited? Age was hardly a concern for him, unlike the short-lived humans surrounding him, and he'd simply find or create a new identity when the time came.

As for the matter of how he'll feel with the greater knowledge of the existence of a multiverse and the destruction of worlds, that's quite simple. He'd be privately shocked, publically declare that he'd known the whole time, and woe be to anyone who called his bluff. As an operative of the Skrull empire, he's naturally familiar with loss and destruction. What haven't they lost? Tarnax IV, the dozens of planets that fell to the Annihilation Wave, the countless lives lost in the ceaseless conflicts with the Kree, and far more. So, in that respect, the prospect of entire realities ceasing to exist does strike a chord with him

And, hey, that's not to mention the tragic loss of so many potential experiences. Who could stand by and let that happen? Certainly not Ben.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Lager posted:

I like this combo a lot. How long was Luke the Iron Fist after his time stone tomfoolery? You said he watched Danny grow up, what kinds of adventures did Luke have in the meantime? Or did he pretty much just stay in K'un-Lun?

I assumed to have it follow along the standard time line to a point, but with a few differences. He became the Rand's bodyguard and Danny was born six, maybe seven years later than he would have been in the normal timeline, and when the fateful trip was supposed to come around, he convinced them to trust his instincts and let him secretly ride in their stead. Plane crashes, like he warned them it would, and Luke disappears into K'un-Lun. He wasn't a martial artist to begin with, mostly working with his brute strength and street smarts, so the K'un-Lun masters would need to teach him like they did Danny, but with the key advantage of being mostly invincible.

The city only appears once every ten years, so after ten years of training and acquiring the Iron Fist, Luke would return to New York to continue watching over the Rand family; I think Danny would be 12 or so by the time Luke came back, and most of his misadventures during this time would be protecting the Rands and dealing with The Hand like the Iron Fist is supposed to.

A mixture of chi usage and the experimentation done slowed Luke's aging, and he was the Iron Fist for 13 years until Thanos attacked that same universe; he died fighting the Mad Titan, and when Adam Warlock restored things, this version of Luke was missed thanks to the fact he wasn't supposed to have existed in the first place.

I figure that Danny would make a good villain, since he'd lost a good mentor and a good friend, and wouldn't have the same discipline that he had as the Iron Fist. So an offer from a group with the ability to bring back the dead might be very, very tempting..

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
SLAPSTICK

Oh hey! That's me!

Lager posted:

Slapstick

I have to admit that I have a serious soft spot for Slapstick. There are a few typos in your app, such as the Invulnerability SFX, which make it a little hard to read. I know what you mean in most of it, but if you get the chance to clean it up that would be helpful. Has your Slapstick worked with a team before? The bio makes me think she's a mostly solo character since nobody was willing to believe her, but with a Team d10 I feel like she must've. Any details there you've thought of?

Awwww! You're such a cutie yourself, ya know! Well, it's no surprise you like little old me! I was the most popular hero in my world! I mean, I worked with everyone! the big guys! The little guys! The medium sized guys! The don't-quite-fit-into-any-other-categories-guys. Yeah, I was in all the team photos! The Justice Junta, Heroes Union, Tactical Saviours, Vigilante Council. Yeah, I was everywhere! Never a dull moment! I remember it like it was yesterday...!

~Dobebebeboeoeoeoebbo~

Flashback posted:

"Oh god help us. It's Slapstick!"
"How did she get onto the ship!?!"
"Someone grab her quick!!"
"AHHHHHH! We're crashing! We're going down!!"

Yep, everyone loved me. Just the best of friends.

quote:

In other news, due to the sheer number of apps I've decided to change it up a bit. See, in the original comics, there were actually two teams. One were the Exiles, formed to save worlds and fix time. The other was Weapon X, who were put together to do the dirty deeds that were deemed necessary - assassinations, coups, etc. I was originally planning to shamelessly rip off Defiance Industries's gimmick from the old Civil War game of having each player that was chosen eventually choose a second character to form up the rival Weapon X team. But with this many apps, I'm going to go ahead and accelerate my plans for the Weapon X storyline and start them concurrently. This means I'll be recruiting for both teams, with different players. Each team will have their own thread and there will be potential crossovers, though the two teams will have no knowledge of the other team's existence at the start. This way, I'll be able to include more characters (and players) from the start.

In addition, due to a schedule change on my side, I'm going to shut down recruitment on the 10th and make my picks known on May 11th, in order to put the posts up over the weekend to start the threads. I have a conflict on May 14th now and I don't want to keep everyone waiting until that clears up. If anyone lurking the thread was counting on that weekend to finish an app, feel free to PM me or something and we'll try to work it out.

I'll make another post with reactions to any additional apps that are posted sometime early next week.

Slapstick looks carefully at the sheet, and very very carefully...

Covers the entire Exiles sheet with a stamp of her face winking. Which winks at Slapstick. Who winks back at the sticker. The both of them wink at the audience.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 3, 2018

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Lager posted:

Green Goblin

Good, well put together application. If I remember right, this character was used in the Secret Wars game from a couple years back, right? Are you considering that to be canon? Does your character remember those events at all? Are they familiar with the idea of a multiverse?

Oh, thanks! It's just a bunch of C&P from Green Goblin and Spider-Man's base files but it fits well together, I think. Yeah Peter was originally in the Secret Wars game, though preferably maybe it was a slightly different Goblin, mostly because the hook for THAT Peter was that his whole world blew up and he was running around Battleworld trying to prove the Green Goblin wasn't (always) a jerk. While that works for Secret War, for an Exiles (or Weapon X!) game I think the better Parker pathos is him knowing or at least believing his world is out there but he's not in it anymore.

With that being said, this Parker has a good deal more of the scientist background due to his upbringing with good dad Norman, so I picture him more of a contemporary of Tony Stark/Reed Richards of his world, and thus probably at least passingly familiar with the idea of the multiverse and other dimensions. He was on a team with Doctor Strange, after all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Just to clarify, based on discussions in the Discord server, you can specify if you would prefer going to the main Exiles team or Weapon X. You do not have to specify if you'd rather just see how the cards play out.

• Locked thread