Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
It would have been way better if the skate blade had stuck into the boards. Waaaayyy better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Wonderllama posted:

It would have been way better if the skate blade had stuck into the boards. Waaaayyy better.

this is definitely true

HE WHO PULLS TEH BLADE OUT

BECOMES KI- GOES ON THE POWER PLAY

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

More like Tuukless Rask heyoooooooo :rimshot:

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Goalie skates getting hosed up during play isn’t new. Skate blades break or the edge gets folded over against the post. If they wanted goalies to get special consideration it would already be in the rules.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
all sticks should be forged out of curved metal, similar to a sword. it would make slashing calls a whole lot more dangerous

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

HOW COULD YOU posted:

so he personally feels useless, and has a sense of disappointment in himself. he goes home, the shift playing over and over in his head, considering if he should call the skate company and complain, his marriage falls apart, his kids stop calling, he dies alone and unloved

meanwhile, his team still probably won the hockey game cause there's like 4 other dudes out there who can account for one useless dude.

Yeah a goalie losing a blade is a bigger detriment to the team. That's why I mentioned that in the first place.

Anyway, does Rask get a fine for chucking his blade?

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

all sticks should be forged out of curved metal, similar to a sword. it would make slashing calls a whole lot more dangerous

also hockey should be played on horses, cause it think it would be very funny to watch horses run around on ice

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Duck Rodgers posted:

Anyway, does Rask get a fine for chucking his blade?

The blade is no longer legally his equipment, philosophically he threw nothing.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i feel cheated i didnt get an onair meltdown from jack edwards on that blade fiasco

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
What if the thrown skate blade hits Ryan Ellis?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
If a goaltender needs a piece of equipment adjusted they have to wait for the next whistle. I don't see why they wouldn't have done the same for the skate. Rask should have caught the puck if he wanted his skate fixed instead of flopping.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stretch Marx posted:

If a goaltender needs a piece of equipment adjusted they have to wait for the next whistle. I don't see why they wouldn't have done the same for the skate. Rask should have caught the puck if he wanted his skate fixed instead of flopping.

The rules say a player with a broken skate must immediately turn and make for the bench. If Rask made that save, it would be a penalty.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

HOW COULD YOU posted:

also hockey should be played on horses, cause it think it would be very funny to watch horses run around on ice

holy poo poo I gotta call gary bettman asap

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

GOAL

GOLE

GOAL

:woop:

:siren:

THTA TOP LINNEER

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

MARCHY :siren:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
MARCH

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

E: nvm

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zyla posted:

i feel cheated i didnt get an onair meltdown from jack edwards on that blade fiasco

He posted about it on Twitter, but I think if it was on TV he'd have had a much Edwards-ier rant.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Aphrodite posted:

The rules say a player with a broken skate must immediately turn and make for the bench. If Rask made that save, it would be a penalty.

I think that would have a much easier argument to make. The goalie took a penalty to prevent a goal caused by the state of an equipment malfunction vs. the goalie threw a tantrum and didn't stop play after he had an equipment malfunction. I think the ref would be more likely to ignore the first scenario.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

oh no debo :ohdear:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

debrusky :ohdear: that was a ballsy shift

Grebo
Mar 29, 2012

2015-2016
2016-2017
2017-2018
2018-2019

BRUINS DEFENSE

Avada Kedavra!

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

He posted about it on Twitter, but I think if it was on TV he'd have had a much Edwards-ier rant.

maybe he'll write something for weei, like that crazy speech he gave about Campbell's broken leg

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
It would have been funny if Tampa had scored while debrusk was hurt on the ice

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/RealJackEdwards/status/990341232122585088

Duck Rodgers posted:

It would have been funny if Tampa had scored while debrusk was hurt on the ice

Apparently this is the same ref NESN got real mad at for that lovely whistle when Johansson went down, so yeah that might have caused some bloodshed.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That was some good hockey right there.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Grebo posted:

Avada Kedavra!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/ch000ch/status/989720916186644480

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

BERGY :siren::siren:

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Jesus, just roll out the red carpet when they enter the zone

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
god drat what a line

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
BERGY! :siren:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

YOU CANT STOP THE BERG

YOU CAN ONly SAY

GOAL

GOLE

GOAL

:woop:

:siren:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Man, nobody is thinking the game like the Bergeron line is right now

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

patrice bergeron is a really good hockeymans

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
boston i love u

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Zyla posted:

patrice bergeron is a really good hockeymans

show your work

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Can’t beat a one line Boston team, you’re not gonna beat Vegas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Excuse me, Rick Nash is on the 2nd line.

• Locked thread