Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Im 1.05 in my rookie draft:

Saquon Barkley
Derrius Guice
Rashaad Penny
Sony Michel

All taken. Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones, or DJ Moore?

Or some other? I'm leaning Jones since he'll pretty much be the starter unless he sucks. Also debating trading back (don't have a 2nd round pick currently)

e: .5 ppr for wr, .75 for rb, 1 pt for te. Can post my roster too if requested.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yea always a good idea to post your roster with rookie draft/trade questions

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Yea always a good idea to post your roster with rookie draft/trade questions

Yeah I just wanted to dump too much info. Roster:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah I just wanted to dump too much info. Roster:

Your RBs need way more help than your WRs. Chubb or Jones for sure, and I'd maybe lean Chubb and hope talent wins out and it's a Dalvin Cook/Latavius Murray/McKinnon situation where Chubb is too good and takes all the work.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Chubb

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
While I feel Chubb has the higher ceiling, consider that you may want someone starting NOW. That's Jones

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

While I feel Chubb has the higher ceiling, consider that you may want someone starting NOW. That's Jones

Yeah that's what had me going back and forth. I settled on Chubb at like 11pm last night.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

Chubb was taken with the second pick in the second round. There is a very good chance he is starting right away.

Chubb is who I take there.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Are there any tight ends worth taking in this rookie draft (or guys that may be in line for an expanded role elsewhere)? My dynasty team only has Greg Olsen and while he's been a trooper, that's probably not a sustainable option past this year

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
My favorite right now is probably Gesicki, he's a combo of a high pick with opportunity. Hurst is another (but I secretly believe in the Baltimore TE Curse). Opportunity-wise, it's worth mentioning Schultz for the Cowboys maybe. I'm curious about Akins for the Texans. The Eagles traded up for Goedert, but Ertz seems locked up for awhile there. Conklin is the :siren:basketball player:siren:.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Azhais posted:

Are there any tight ends worth taking in this rookie draft (or guys that may be in line for an expanded role elsewhere)? My dynasty team only has Greg Olsen and while he's been a trooper, that's probably not a sustainable option past this year

The three top guys are Hurst, Gesicki and Goedert. Gesicki is a SPARQ monster, so probably has the highest upside. I probably wouldn't look at any of them before the third round of a rookie draft. Possibly fourth, depending on how it played out.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sataere posted:

The three top guys are Hurst, Gesicki and Goedert. Gesicki is a SPARQ monster, so probably has the highest upside. I probably wouldn't look at any of them before the third round of a rookie draft. Possibly fourth, depending on how it played out.

It's a 16 team league so 3rd is getting pretty late, but Gesicki is already taken so hardly seems worth chasing the other guys at 2.7. I'll keep an eye on them and see who falls, thanks for the suggestions!

Snagged Penny with the 1.07, so hopefully that works out. Be nice to have him and Alvin anchoring my RBs for a few years so I can get my IDP back in order

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Azhais posted:

It's a 16 team league so 3rd is getting pretty late, but Gesicki is already taken so hardly seems worth chasing the other guys at 2.7. I'll keep an eye on them and see who falls, thanks for the suggestions!

Snagged Penny with the 1.07, so hopefully that works out. Be nice to have him and Alvin anchoring my RBs for a few years so I can get my IDP back in order

Penny is my number two overall player in dynasty atm, so that's a huge get at seven.

Post who has been taken so far, since I'm bored at work and feel like micromanaging your draft! :v:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hurst just got taken 1.11 in my rookie draft.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MacheteZombie posted:

Hurst just got taken 1.11 in my rookie draft.

That is way too early. This rookie class had seven running backs who can potentially start week one as the starters on their respective teams, five quarterbacks taken in the first round and a fee receivers. Hurst at 11 is insane. I'm guessing that guy is desperate for tight ends and feels good about his team being in the championship.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sataere posted:

Penny is my number two overall player in dynasty atm, so that's a huge get at seven.

Post who has been taken so far, since I'm bored at work and feel like micromanaging your draft! :v:

Got him at 8 actually, remembered my draft slot :v:

1 Saquon Barkley
2 Derrius Guice
3 Sony Michel
4 Nick Chubb
5 Ronald Jones
6 DJ Moore
7 Royce Freeman
8 Rashaad Penny
9 Kerryon Johnson
10 Courtland Sutton
11 Lamar Jackson
12 Baker Mayfield
13 Christian Kirk
14 Calvin Ridley
15 Michael Gallup
16 Josh Rosen
17 Roquan Smith
18 Hayden Hurst
19 Tremaine Emunds
20 Anthony Miller
21 Mike Gesicki
22 and 23 are the same team and we're still pending
24 is me again

e: guy picking at 22/23 is weak at RB/WR/LB, ok elsewhere, and people tend to draft for need in this league

Azhais fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 8, 2018

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

That is way too early. This rookie class had seven running backs who can potentially start week one as the starters on their respective teams, five quarterbacks taken in the first round and a fee receivers. Hurst at 11 is insane. I'm guessing that guy is desperate for tight ends and feels good about his team being in the championship.

I think it's way too early as well. TE was probably his biggest need, so maybe it'll pan out, but his team is usually a poor performer during the season, so he could have gotten more value elsewhere.

e: would giving up crabtree and perine for the 2.02 be too much? I'd use it to get Royce Freeman

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 8, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Rookie WRs and TEs take awhile to turn around, so personally I'd focus on QBs and RBs and try to trade for a TE or WR after they falter their first year. Just look at players like Nelson Agholar or Davante Adams.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

e: would giving up crabtree and perine for the 2.02 be too much? I'd use it to get Royce Freeman

If they accept that trade then you win.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Azhais posted:

Got him at 8 actually, remembered my draft slot :v:

1 Saquon Barkley
2 Derrius Guice
3 Sony Michel
4 Nick Chubb
5 Ronald Jones
6 DJ Moore
7 Royce Freeman
8 Rashaad Penny
9 Kerryon Johnson
10 Courtland Sutton
11 Lamar Jackson
12 Baker Mayfield
13 Christian Kirk
14 Calvin Ridley
15 Michael Gallup
16 Josh Rosen
17 Roquan Smith
18 Hayden Hurst
19 Tremaine Emunds
20 Anthony Miller
21 Mike Gesicki
22 and 23 are the same team and we're still pending
24 is me again

e: guy picking at 22/23 is weak at RB/WR/LB, ok elsewhere, and people tend to draft for need in this league

Are you eyeing Darnold there? IDP kinda fucks up the values, since I don't know how big an impact defensive scoring has.

MacheteZombie posted:

I think it's way too early as well. TE was probably his biggest need, so maybe it'll pan out, but his team is usually a poor performer during the season, so he could have gotten more value elsewhere.

Royce Freeman at 2.02 seems early. Where are you picking next?

I think it's important to remember that rookies have a pretty high bust rate. It's better to have a lot of early picks and just hedge. Although it's hard to argue against his situation.

I personally think Perine is poop, so to me, it's a question of Crabtree for a second rounder. I'm not sure if I could do it, but I could see why it seems like an attractive option.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'd be picking at 3.05 next.

quick list of remaining options:

e: reminder 10 man league and scoring is: .5 ppr for wr, .75 for rb, 1 pt for te

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sataere posted:

Are you eyeing Darnold there? IDP kinda fucks up the values, since I don't know how big an impact defensive scoring has.

Our IDP scoring is on the higher end, but still not on par with offense in any respect, we just start a bunch of them.

For reference, top performers:
QB: Wilson w/354
RB: Gurley w/385
WR: Brown w/314
TE: Kelce w/234
DE: Cameron Jordan w/184
LB: Mosley w/234
CB: Slay w/188
S: Reshad Jones w/214

Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR, 1 WR/TE (don't ask me), 3 DT/DE, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S, 1 defensive flex, and the obligatory kicker

Picks also came in for your enjoyment:
22. Dante Pettis
23. Dallas Goedert

e: I suppose for your full micromanagement, I've got (partial list, nobody wants to see all 46 on this drat roster):

QB: Luck/Bridgewater/Taylor/Chad Kelly on my TS
RB: Kamara/Penny/Bernard/Lewis
WR: Michael Thomas/Tyreek Hill/Cooper Kupp/Kelvin Benjamin
TE: Olsen
DE: Nobody worth mentioning but damned if I'm drafting one high
LB: Telvin Smith
CB/S: Pretty much whoever I find on waivers

So on some levels Darnold has appeal, I've got a ton of QB but since everyone in the league seems to hate Tyrod who knows how that'll play out and I don't expect Bridgewater to do anything.

Someone like James Washington also looks nice. And there's a dark part of me considering Derwin James, I doubt he falls to my 3rd round

Azhais fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 8, 2018

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MacheteZombie posted:

I'd be picking at 3.05 next.

quick list of remaining options:

e: reminder 10 man league and scoring is: .5 ppr for wr, .75 for rb, 1 pt for te

I didn't realize you didn't have a second rounder. I'll say two things.

1) I tend to hedge with rookie drafts, because it is so volatile.
2) When I really like someone, if I think I can get then, I try to get them if the price is right.

I'd say follow those parameters and you'll be happy. Number two has gotten me Alvin Kamara and Christine Michael. :v:

Azhais posted:

Our IDP scoring is on the higher end, but still not on par with offense in any respect, we just start a bunch of them.

For reference, top performers:
QB: Wilson w/354
RB: Gurley w/385
WR: Brown w/314
TE: Kelce w/234
DE: Cameron Jordan w/184
LB: Mosley w/234
CB: Slay w/188
S: Reshad Jones w/214

Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR, 1 WR/TE (don't ask me), 3 DT/DE, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S, 1 defensive flex, and the obligatory kicker

Picks also came in for your enjoyment:
22. Dante Pettis
23. Dallas Goedert

e: I suppose for your full micromanagement, I've got (partial list, nobody wants to see all 46 on this drat roster):

QB: Luck/Bridgewater/Taylor/Chad Kelly on my TS
RB: Kamara/Penny/Bernard/Lewis
WR: Michael Thomas/Tyreek Hill/Cooper Kupp/Kelvin Benjamin
TE: Olsen
DE: Nobody worth mentioning but damned if I'm drafting one high
LB: Telvin Smith
CB/S: Pretty much whoever I find on waivers

So on some levels Darnold has appeal, I've got a ton of QB but since everyone in the league seems to hate Tyrod who knows how that'll play out and I don't expect Bridgewater to do anything.

Someone like James Washington also looks nice. And there's a dark part of me considering Derwin James, I doubt he falls to my 3rd round

I had the Derwin James thought too, but agree I'd probably wait until the third. You can find someone on waivers with that position.

drat, I hope for both our dynasty teams sakes, Luck comes back!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

I didn't realize you didn't have a second rounder. I'll say two things.

1) I tend to hedge with rookie drafts, because it is so volatile.
2) When I really like someone, if I think I can get then, I try to get them if the price is right.

I'd say follow those parameters and you'll be happy. Number two has gotten me Alvin Kamara and Christine Michael. :v:

Haha thanks. I hope I get lucky enough to get a talent like Kamara.

I'm somewhat debating also trying for the 2.03 pick, but maybe I just have trade fever.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/993944447707738113

Alvin Kamara #1 overall pick.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Boston Scott coming in hot

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Terrible fantasy league idea:

Multiple drafts, all by position. Before these drafts, you have a draft of draft positions. Prior year order finish (or random draw) determines the draft order for the draft of draft positions.

So the draft order draft might go like....
1st pick takes the 1st pick of the RB draft
2nd pick takes the 1st pick of the QB draft
3rd pick takes the 2nd pick of the RB draft
etc

Then you have the position drafts (not sure what order these would go in, since there is strategy there):
4 round draft of QBs (maybe just 2 round)
6 round draft of RBs
6 round draft of WRs
2 round draft of TEs
2 round draft of DEFs
2 round draft of Ks

After all this garbage is done, everybody creates their roster from the 22 players they've drafted (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 K, 1 DEF, 5 BEN) and drops everybody else.

Maybe I just like drafting too much.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Poque posted:

Multiple drafts, all by position. Before these drafts, you have a draft of draft positions. Prior year order finish (or random draw) determines the draft order for the draft of draft positions.

etc

Then you have the position drafts (not sure what order these would go in, since there is strategy there):
6 round draft of RBs
6 round draft of WRs
2 round draft of TEs
2 round draft of DEFs
2 round draft of Ks

After all this garbage is done, everybody creates their roster from the 22 players they've drafted (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 K, 1 DEF, 5 BEN) and drops everybody else.

Sever

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
The worst feeling is spotting a new "trend" that all the analysts seem to have missed, and feeling super smug about ranking certain guys a lot higher or lower then convention... and then Matthew Berry starts spouting the same idea.

Makes my heart plummet from "feeling super clever," to "feeling like a basic bitch."

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

it's either that or my other idea where each winner gets to create a new rule for the league which stack year after year, so by the time you're five seasons in you have an insane league where NFC players are banned but everybody has to start 3 QBs, your tight end has to be white, and missed extra points are worth +10 points.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

it's either that or my other idea where each winner gets to create a new rule for the league which stack year after year, so by the time you're five seasons in you have an insane league where NFC players are banned but everybody has to start 3 QBs, your tight end has to be white, and missed extra points are worth +10 points.

Did you ever try the Calvinball league on SA? IT's basically that but contained to a single season. I never did it, but it seems that the consensus was it's fun but being commish is brutally hard because you get tax code levels of rule interactions

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

Did you ever try the Calvinball league on SA? IT's basically that but contained to a single season. I never did it, but it seems that the consensus was it's fun but being commish is brutally hard because you get tax code levels of rule interactions

I've always wanted to try this. The problem is I am in anywhere from four to twelve leagues and my sanity can only take so much

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Anyone familiar with the Colts have any idea what Marlon Mack's upside is for the upcoming season?

He's like my only other keeper option at a 10th round cost. Might have to just go with 1/2 keepers if he's not worth it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

Anyone familiar with the Colts have any idea what Marlon Mack's upside is for the upcoming season?

He's like my only other keeper option at a 10th round cost. Might have to just go with 1/2 keepers if he's not worth it.

They shored up their line, got rid of Gore, and may have a top 3 QB coming back. Upside is mid-high RB2, as I see it.

Downside is if Mack just sucks/isn't fully recovered from shoulder surgery. Colts also drafted a couple of late backs, including a guy named Wilkins who has some buzz for a fifth rounder. Downside is Mack is worthless after week 2

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

They shored up their line, got rid of Gore, and may have a top 3 QB coming back. Upside is mid-high RB2, as I see it.

Downside is if Mack just sucks/isn't fully recovered from shoulder surgery. Colts also drafted a couple of late backs, including a guy named Wilkins who has some buzz for a fifth rounder. Downside is Mack is worthless after week 2

Thanks, yeah i remembered them drafting RB's and getting rid of Gore but nothing else besides that.

I'm have the 3rd overall pick atm and already keeping Dalvin Cook as a 3rd rounder. If better news regarding Mack starts dripping out as the year goes on i think i may just keep Cook as a 3rd, Mack as a 10th, and draft a top tier RB at 3rd overall and focus on WR's.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Drunk Nerds posted:

The Calvinball league was fun the first year but after that it started getting a little too ridiculous.

Poque posted:

etc

6 round draft of RBs
6 round draft of WRs
2 round draft of TEs
2 round draft of DEFs
2 round draft of Ks

This really just boils down to the same as a regular draft. "Oh the top four RB picks and the first WR pick are off the board, what position should I go for" is basically the same as saying "DJ, Bell, Gurley, Kamara, and Antonio are off the board, who should I pick next?"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Received this offer not too long ago.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
which one are you? What's your roster?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Received this offer not too long ago.

Team getting Fournette and Hilton wins by a ton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm the metropolis meteors.