Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

The Fool posted:

I rented a gravel bike and did a tori 50 miler

:nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nice screenshot from a game u got there

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i backbacked my boat to a lake

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

PokeJoe posted:

i have that kayak and was real excited to take it out on biek

then i got a flat :sigh:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

anyway one thing led to another and now i'm looking for an axle mount trailer for a radrunner if anyone has any suggestions

it's a thru-axle with <5mm left on the disc (left) side; if it' s a non-standard size axle I wouldn't actually know

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
baby trailer. convert it. get the xacto out.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
there are loving tons of baby/toddler trailers on denver/boulder CL due to kids outgrowing them. most of them make good cargo trailer platforms

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

sure, long as it can safely attach to biek, i'm not picky :cheers:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

good poo poo

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I've been slowly working to make it easier to carry the kayak long distances. I sewed a hip belt onto the bag I keep it in and bought some telescoping canoe paddles. Now I can actually close the bag without paddles sticking out the top and getting stuck on tree branches as I walk through the woods.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

found a lake in some mountains??

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i love lake

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

found a lake in some mountains??

hell yeah brother

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

that’s a good lake

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

just noticed the trash in the foreground lol

:mad:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
turn your monitor on

(realtalk: that sucks)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

trash: deleted

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

thanks for packing that out

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

People who leave rubbish outdoors infuriate me, especially little bags full of dog poo poo. In some places it's everywhere, why did you put it in the bag if your just gonna leave it??? It's bad enough when a path is littered with raw poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dogs loving poo poo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i'd rather just see the raw poo poo in that case, at least that degrades, cripes

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

I've been slowly working to make it easier to carry the kayak long distances. I sewed a hip belt onto the bag I keep it in and bought some telescoping canoe paddles. Now I can actually close the bag without paddles sticking out the top and getting stuck on tree branches as I walk through the woods.

hey what kind of bag do you have for that kayak anyway, I only have the one that came with it. A backpack like you seem to have, or just something i can organize more compactly, would be a ces

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

pointsofdata posted:

People who leave rubbish outdoors infuriate me, especially little bags full of dog poo poo. In some places it's everywhere, why did you put it in the bag if your just gonna leave it??? It's bad enough when a path is littered with raw poo poo

The idea is that you bag it and leave it on the way up and get it on the way down, but nobody does that so there are just plastic bags full of poo poo everywhere. It's stupid and sucks

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i usually tie the bag of poo poo to my dog's harness or put it in her backpack if she's wearing it. she doesn't seem to mind

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Ciaphas posted:

hey what kind of bag do you have for that kayak anyway, I only have the one that came with it. A backpack like you seem to have, or just something i can organize more compactly, would be a ces

I use a military surplus duffel bag.

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
bumparino

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

I use a military surplus duffel bag.

i saw one of these bags in the thrift store for 5 bucks and snatched it up so fast. it's wonderful

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

yeah i gotta get me one of those when i see them

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

got up and took the boys to the beach for the sunrise. i should go more often it’s a 5 min drive from my place. but middle of winter! cold AS FYCK and the sand was frozen lmao.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
I don't understand why, when I needed you most, you would leave me."

The Lord replied,
"My son, My precious child, I love you and I would
never leave you. During your times of trial and
suffering, when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I peaced the gently caress out because it was cold AS FYCK and the sand was frozen lmao”

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Not my photo, but from a guy a few miles to my north getting a nice shot of C/2020 F3 Neowise and some noctilucent clouds . There's clouds covering a lot of sky from my place, but I can still see the comet a little. I hope there's clearer nights in the next week or so.

Also I went out into the front street to see past some trees in the neighbours garden and a hedgehog wandered up the street and came over to sniff what this weird man was doing outside at 2:30am :3:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

I don't understand why, when I needed you most, you would leave me."

The Lord replied,
"My son, My precious child, I love you and I would
never leave you. During your times of trial and
suffering, when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I peaced the gently caress out because it was cold AS FYCK and the sand was frozen lmao”

lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I climb rock

https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/mount-adams-south-climb

30deg ice slope with crampons is very scary
Glissading down on my powerful rear end is very fun

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
holy motherfucking poo poo

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i went camping this past weekend and while i was stuck in a traffic jam on the way home a friggin mouse poked his head up from under the hood. little guy was wandering back and forth, staring at us, trying to climb up the windshield and ducking back under the hood. we eventually pulled over to try to rescue him but once we opened the hood he was gone, never found him again

i hope he hopped out because we went through an automatic car wash later and that doesn't sound pleasant for him

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Makeout Patrol posted:

i went camping this past weekend and while i was stuck in a traffic jam on the way home a friggin mouse poked his head up from under the hood. little guy was wandering back and forth, staring at us, trying to climb up the windshield and ducking back under the hood. we eventually pulled over to try to rescue him but once we opened the hood he was gone, never found him again

i hope he hopped out because we went through an automatic car wash later and that doesn't sound pleasant for him

you’re supposed to eat the mushrooms when you finish setting up camp not after you’re done tearing it down

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Makeout Patrol posted:

Might wanna look harder to make really sure. Rodent damage is a bitch to deal with in cars.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Rats totaled my last car by eating ALL the wires

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

wires are just dead weight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind