Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

lancemantis posted:

bringing a Bluetooth speaker on public lands should be a capital offense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Managed to escape for a week, Glacier National Park is super crowded these days. The entire US / Canadian west being on loving fire kinda put a smoky damper on things. Still really pretty, though.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

StarkingBarfish posted:

My gramps got demoted over one of these while driving tanks in egypt in WW2. They used to make them out of spent shells, one large one and one smaller one, fill the smaller one with sand and fuel from the tank, stick it in the larger shell and fill the gap with water.

One day at sunrise while the other tank crews were still sleeping, in the middle of nowhere, he wanted to make a brew and didn't have the smaller shell, only the larger one. I think you can guess what he did.

some people are just so ungrateful when you make them coffee :mad:

feeling the wanderlust, i need to get out of this fuckin’ city i just haven’t the time :sigh:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i took the train from seattle to glacier NP in montana and it was, well

it was cold and wet and gray almost the entire time but when the sun poked out it was incredible. spent a few nights camping on BLM land and didn't see other people for days

glacier is incredible and even with the folks in tow (so no backcountry stuff) and visiting more in-season with tons of people around it was well worth the time. we went up into the canadian end and that was nice too.

how long the glaciers actually last is a 'nother matter :sigh: