Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

vodkat posted:

every loving day op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

touching computers is rotting my brain out of my skull but nothing else i can do pays enough to survive in this capitalist hellworld.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Stymie posted:

"tech industry" works just fine

the goal of the tech industry is to create more tech to enable others to create tech to then sell back to you. no value is generated, only more tech in an endless cycle of parasitic profit-taking from actual productive industries

real jobs use tech to enable their actual purpose, the entire purpose of the tech industry is tech alone

stymie have you read the death of homo economicus? you'd probably like it.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Janitor Prime posted:

I did it. I quit my tech job in Seattle and am moving back home to Mexico. close enough

congrats :)