Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

hobbies are expensive, but it's ok because poor people have no time for hobbies due to working all the time

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Sagebrush posted:

not really that bad in the grand scheme and almost a bargain split 4 ways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dffFZom1Mac

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

also when your core temperature drops, your body starts to sacrifice your brain's warmth to keep your heart going. so you make even dumber decisions the more you get cold. #1 most important thing you need to carry is a fire starter

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

RustyKnight posted:

🚨My Partner🚨 is trying to download some unofficial maps for her garmin, last time she tried she bricked her device, any tips?

my parents bricked their garmin downloading official maps, good luck op

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

was playing rimworld and came across a yosposter in the wild

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

The Fool posted:

what’s that stuff under/around the snow?

i think thats "snow mould"

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i went for a drive and saw some clouds that were taking themselves very seriously

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

styropyro taught me not to gently caress with cheap lasers. you really need proper safety glasses. you basically can't trust any of the specs they give you

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Sagebrush posted:

When I was a kid and laser pointers still cost like $50, I begged my parents to buy me one that I saw in the Edmund Scientific catalog and finally at Christmas I got it from my grandpa. Nobody I knew had ever seen one before, and when I flew back even the security guys at the airport started playing with it.

Of course I took it to school, and it was a completely harmless 5 mW red diode made in the USA, but as my friends and I were playing with it one of the other boys got flashed in the eyes and he got so terrified that he was going to go blind that he went home and threw up, and then his mom called and told my mom she was extremely irresponsible for letting me have something as dangerous as a laser and if her son had any eye problems they would see us in court.

lol this reminded me of when i was a kid in school, it was the mid 90s and these breath freshener drops were a fad. they had them on every counter in convenience stores, me and some friends used to buy them and see how many drops we could take before the mint or cinnamon flavor got too intense.

then one kid in class saw that the main ingredient was alcohol, and got so scared to swallow after just 1 drop that he just let the saliva build up in his mouth until he was basically drooling every time he tried to speak. he tried asking the teacher to go use the washroom but it was just a bunch of slobber falling out of his mouth lmao.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

walked up some hills this morning

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 9, 2022

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

thanks!

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i had to wake up at 5 am to get there for sunrise when there was still a little rolling fog left. it was pretty rewarding

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

KoRMaK posted:

the sun sets after 5pm now. very nice.

and it rises early enough i get to enjoy it on my morning commute. i can feel the weight of winter’s darkness lifting

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Jonny 290 posted:

this is the biggest month where people actually wander off into the woods

can confirm

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

The Fool posted:

what do you guys use for photos while hiking looking for something better than my phone, but more portable/lighter than my ancient dslr

get a fuji mirrorless, op

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I used to have an x-t2 and it was the perfect size for an interchangeable lens camera. I upgraded to the x-t4 and it’s quite a bit chunkier. i kinda wish I didn’t because I upgraded for non image quality reasons and now I just have a slightly bigger and heavier version

the funniest difference is that the x-t2 proudly had “made in japan” printed on the bottom, but the x-t4 has “made in china” hidden inside the battery compartment

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 20, 2023

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

yeah, my xmas present to myself, the fuji 150-600.

:eyepop:

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

realistic depth of field also comes from optical compression and always looks weird when applied to a photo digitally. idk if it would ever be possible to get that on a phone because physics just doesn’t allow it

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i got a little camera sling bag that holds my camera and two lenses. it is very comfortable for hikes and you can easily slide it around to the front of your torso for easy access and lens swapping

this one https://www.thinktankphoto.ca/product/turnstyle-5-v2-0-charcoal/

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 18, 2024

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

leica cameras like that are pretty much all capable of removing the lens but you are paying for the leica tag, just get a nice fuji if you want that form factor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

echinopsis posted:

i’ve said it before and i’ll say it again

… a picture of my face … up close… truly disturbing… it was really disturbing to see my own face

… it’s profoundly hosed up
:hmmyes: