Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I took last week off and have been back at work for an hour and am already wistfully looking at pictures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

have u considered: cold-weather hiking kit

nordic skiing is fun

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I want to get out but there are more people on the trails right now than the busiest summer day.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I went walking on the city trails a bit yesterday

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

my hero

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

nice tracts of land there

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

gently caress yeah

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

took my family out of the city for the weekend

stopped at a spot off the highway that got burned up last year and flew the drone

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

that's a primo morel location if they grow where you are

oh yeah, there were half a dozen cars and trucks parked along the side of the service road from the mushroom hunters

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Broken Machine posted:

:yosnice: , how is alaska? i haven't been yet, but my folks visited and thought it was great. i've read the permafrost melting and so on is causing issues for some places

I'm a fan. There is no other place like it.

Permafrost is a real problem in the interior. There are special construction techniques to compensate for it, but nothing is perfect.

Silver Alicorn posted:

went on a backcountry drive this weekend, the trailheads were just packed. kinda scary

around here, even on the busier trails people are doing a good job of keeping their distance
most people wear buffs around their necks and pull them up when passing by, or step off the trail for a minute.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

we used to have a bus you could go slowly die in, but it got airlifted out last week

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I rented a gravel bike and did a tori 50 miler

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

that’s a good lake

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

bump

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

i went to the beach

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

big same

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

man, we got some smoke from siberia earlier this year but our fire season has been pretty tame.

sorry you guys had to take up the slack

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

i got to drive the denali park road this weekend

I haven't gone through all the pictures and gopro footage yet, but

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

that guy is a badass and we could all be more like him

At my new job I’m working CST hours, which is +3 from me. I’m hoping that being done with work at 2-3pm local time will result in me being able to spend more time in the mountains

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

he was one iconic motor vehicle away from being the next Chris mccandless

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

headlamps can get super fancy these days too, and in cases where I want a handheld i bring along my bike light which 1200 lumens when set all the way up

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

also those hot hands things are standard fare for most outdoor activities this time of year up here

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

short hike this weekend

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I want to buy a new camera

looking for a solid point and shoot to take biking/hiking

was looking at the olympus tg-6 but a couple reviews knocked it down a bit due to the sensor size

any recommendations?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I like good path in the woods photos

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I built a pulk sled and took the family out to a state cabin

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

here’s a shot of the cabin we stayed in from my mavic mini

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

what’s that stuff under/around the snow?

bird is good though

I setup my GoPro on my parents bird feeder a while ago, I should pull that footage sometime

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

got an inreach for my birthday and now have an indescribable urge to get lost in the mountains

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

nice

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I have a 4 day truck camping trip planned over memorial weekend and can not loving wait

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://youtu.be/Mc-i242rmfU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

posting on the nice page

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hell yes

Adbot