Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

kwinkles running hard on the "best of" echinopsis/jonny mixtape concept posting here

proud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

since nobody is gonna man up and tell it straight, i'll just let it rip: you're getting close to echopenis territory

it ain't lookin good for you, son

don't confess this poo poo to yospos. we don't wanna know, and it makes you look like a fuckin moron.

oh yeah now I feel worthwhile

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
bumping this thread to say when i think of pram and texan yospos in general this is what i imagine https://twitter.com/KevinGotGame/status/1058736674937753600

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

this is my plan for 2019

no way do I need another responsibility to tether me to this bogus reality

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

big scary monsters posted:

only one of my wines has made it a far as bottling so far so i dunno if the others will be any good, but from samples i've tried at racking i think they'll all be at least drinkable

mainly wine just takes a long time. you're laying down stuff that won't be ready to pour into a glass for six months minimum, likely a year or more. my experience making alcohol so far is that it's about 99.9% waiting and 0.1% scrupulously cleaning all your equipment to avoid just making vinegar

i want to try distilling at some point but i don't really have the space for a still, maybe once i move to that shack in the mountains

bro have u heard of san pedro

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can i just leave life behind drat

there are some good moments but gently caress just the responsibility all the time

let’s go rot in the forest 😂😂😂

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i just wwant it so they dont find the body for months

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my body. lol i dont want to murder anyone

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i won't i just want to sometimes. other times are ok. its dumb

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its ok I have next week off

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
eh a bit of insight into my own brain tonight showed that its not being a pharmacist or even being a real busy pharmacist that drains my motivation to live, but all the extra reports and poo poo my boss wants, and the lack of support given to do so. lol if only they knew how much I wanted out of that place

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its the one place I wanna vist and take my kids

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wtf is a pine pig

forest cops?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

I've had thoughts about this

does livetweeting diminish the experience of raw nature? to a degree yes

but I'm more engaged in the process if I'm documenting it. making indelible memories

the act of driving to a destination rather than walking is transgressive to nature, but I wouldn't be able have the experience otherwise (within the constraints of a full-time job)

in conclusion, do what you feel like, enjoy this planet while it lasts. there might not be that many winters left

if i was dead

this planet would be better

perhaps not dozens of lives but the earth sure

i rode a carbon neutral scooter from a monday night open mic to mcdonald’s

of corse the planet is better off if i didn’t already exist

but i do so suck it planet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

ive been working to make educational web content fully accessible to blind/deaf/otherwise impaired individuals for the past year

last weekend i saw 5 bighorn sheep, about 30 bison, and a zillion elk. i also soaked in yellowstone hot springs. feels good man.

i am proud of you for this. this is very good

sometimes i feel my job helps people but on the other hand I often really hate it 🤷‍♂️😂🤷‍♂️

Stymie posted:

that's cool, you could actually teach them instead which would be far more useful

congrats on camping though

maths I think is notoriously difficult to teach well, and yet there are a few who manage to teach it extremely well. I often think then, it would be better to get this one person who is good at it, to record their lessons and put them on youtube, and then people all around the world could benefit from this, rather than just those privileged enough to be within speaking distance of those person

maths is just an example. same holds true for many things really. I think if I was a teacher I might be happier and I hope if I do go down that path that I learn from the best on how to teach the mathematic

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stymie posted:

the best method of teaching is in person and converting some videos is a poor substitute

if you want to do it as a side hobby in lieu of camping, more power to you, but it would still be better to be an actual teacher

i know a lot of people who have failed to grasp math (or similar) concepts due to poo poo as gently caress teaching, so I think your claim requires a lot of qualification, the best youtube is better than the worst teacher

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
*gets molested by catholic elementary school teacher*

*gets comforted by stymie, as he reminds the child that this is the best he can ever hope for*

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
“real teaching has never been tried”

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
of course I think real teachers are better because they can actually help students one on one but I also believe in the power of that one unique person who can open someone’s mind to a concept that a million dorky teachers can’t

I failed calculus at school, not because I wasn’t enough of a brain box to not get it, but because the teacher never explained why or what purpose it served, if I had something to help me “get” it, I would have been sweet and maybe not the loser I am today

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
discovered some kind of program where u do 9 weeks intensive learning then teach for 2 years while they pay you then u a teacher 🤔🤔🤔

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i can’t believe you guys aren’t thrilled for me to maybe be a teacher

well actually I can but wow this may be a way for me to survive life without killing my self because of how much I hate my job :razz:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Schadenboner posted:

Teach for Australia?

new zealand mate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
we just made gun illegal

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
except for the how do you carry a 24 pack thing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

yes

i’ve just drunk 2 pints of redbud and I haven’t even arrived at work yet

big scary monsters posted:

tbh serious bikepacking with all the crazy frame bags is a bit much for me. a pair of panniers is plenty for your tent, clothes, cooking and sleeping gear for a couple nights, especially if you split it with a friend. bring a bag of wine and travel light imo

if you have to have beer you could easily fit a couple six-packs on your luggage rack with some bungees, 24 might be a push but if you really want it you'll find a way.

i’m quite intrigued

is it advisable to take lsd on the bike rides yes/no

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

hammocks are convenience store burritos for hungry bears

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

I am on vacation. itching to hit some trails with my girl friend

i can’t help but feel i’ve gotten to know you thru your twitter and i want to say I think you’re a great person

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
🤗

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

tech work has destroyed my body in ways i never expected

bump

Ive missed ya

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

solution: crater lake

this is nice brother. sorry for all the times I was a dick

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh god i need to get out of a job where I am expected to increase sales. loving hate the idea of that poo poo. wanna help people not con them or put them in awkward positions

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
someone else can do the sales and convince people my skills are worth paying for (they’re not), I’d just rather focus on creating a good product, and then I could possibly enjoy a moment or two in life (still not worth it)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Progressive JPEG posted:

wandered around a bit last weekend and planning on doing some more this weekend

https://i.imgur.com/3Gg6oeC.mp4

awesome brother 🆒🤙

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tenth nz great walk opens later this year and
i’m going next year. never done one of these. it’s my fave part of the country, as far as driving beside. should be good. the huts look
modern. excitement awaits I hope I don’t return

https://www.doc.govt.nz/contentassets/14ea1b339f40492a8ccefddf33fef430/paparoa-highlights-565.jpg

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my dad stressing out about a gps unit for going off the beaten track and i’m sure it’s not a terrible idea although it literally is the beaten track. there will be many people and I think they’ve extended cell access to a bunch of it, huts at least. gps won’t save me falling into a 2” stream and drowning tho dad

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Progressive JPEG posted:

I did the routeburn+greenstone and Kepler tracks a couple years back. I had brought a radio for the first and then didn't bother with it for the second. on the great walks there's enough people that you'll be found in like 5-10 minutes by the next group behind you if there's a problem.

it makes sense for a more obscure track where it's poorly marked and you're the only one there that day but for a great walk you're probably better off saving on the amount of weight you need to carry

aweomse

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm disturbed

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

we read this as a class in early elementary school - I accidentally kept my copy past the end of the school year and I was convinced the library police or whoever was gonna come after me, lol.

it's probably still in my parents house somewhere

poo poo we even read that in nz

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Methanar posted:

it tracks with stress basically 1:1.

I spent 6 months last year with nightly intolerable existential horror nightmares. i don't want to go back to those.

haven't seen a doctor, im more able to see one now than I was the last few years i guess

i dont want to talk to non computer touchers.

download the waking up or course and let sam harris soothe your deformed mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DELETE CASCADE posted:

careful friend, mentioning sam harris on these forums is fraught with danger

he's not perfect but he's brought a huge amount of greatness into my life