Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Zlatan isn't even on the Galaxy bench, what a wuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Ok I'm gonna give it one more Galaxy goal before I give up on the dream and watch a different game

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

whypick1 posted:

It's me, I'm the idiot who's going to watch Sounders "2" lose to Sacramento Republic.

loljk the stream isn't even on 11' in

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Atlanta played Charlestown at Kennesaw State's stadium tonight. They forgot to disable the timed sprinklers or something.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Wes_nship/status/1004547881171390464/video/1

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

SKC hold possession for 3-4 minutes. RSL win it back and immediately pass it straight to SKC's keeper.
SKC is running laps around RSL right now.

Also, cool that 3 kids got their starts.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Seattle-Sacramento stream finally fixed, which is good because I listened to the radio stream for about 10 minutes and wanted to murder the commentators for calling fouls "penalties".

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Not looking too good for the minnows tonight.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?

whypick1 posted:

Well, so much for Colorado salvaging something out of this year with a Cinderella USOC trophy run a la '13 DC United.

I think next game is going to be a paper bag night. The Rapids suuuuuuuck.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to politely ask your team's GM if he actually does know what he's doing? Without getting banned?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That is a total bullshipp goal we did not deserve

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Anyone have any suggestions on how to politely ask your team's GM if he actually does know what he's doing? Without getting banned?

Sky banner

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Apologies to anyone still watching this.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Welp, go Sacramento.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Shrapnig posted:

NYCFC, still poo poo.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Apologies to anyone still watching this.

That was an absolutely terrible game, and even though it was all backups, they played just as lousy as the starters. I'm not sure what Schmetzer is doing when he's coaching the team, but it isn't working.

More injuries doesn't help, but the team looks like absolute rear end, which isn't due to injuries.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Draw just happened. :toot:

quote:

East Region
H1: Philadelphia Union
A1: New York Red Bulls

H2: DC United
A2: Orlando SC
Note: Orlando did not apply to host.

Mid-East Region
H1: Atlanta United
A1: Chicago Fire

H2: Louisville City
A2: Nashville SC
Note: Nashville SC did not apply to host.

Mid-West Region
H1: Houston Dynamo
A1: Minnesota United

H2: Sporting KC
A2: FC Dallas
Note: Minnesota United did not apply to host for the Round of 16.

West Region
H1: LAFC
A1: Sacramento Republic

H2: Portland Timbers
A2: LA Galaxy

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Lol Orlando must have seen Tuesday’s match, playing at the sarcophagus in Gaithersburg is almost an advantage for the away side

That said, should DC win, a tasty little derby in Jersey in July. I’m here for that.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

Azerban posted:

blainville scored in extra time and the fence collapsed and now they're on the field, this owns

I'm a Blainville plastic now.

https://twitter.com/PLSQ1/status/1004590707347214336

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Lol Orlando must have seen Tuesday’s match, playing at the sarcophagus in Gaithersburg is almost an advantage for the away side

That said, should DC win, a tasty little derby in Jersey in July. I’m here for that.

I support whoever is playing against Orlando.

¡Vamos United! :v:

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

second leg of oakville v. blainville (1-2 agg.) is on, and there's no sound because of insane winds!! watch it!!

https://mycujoo.tv/video/canada-soccer

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Round of 16 takes place over the next few days:

Portland vs. Los Angeles Galaxy
Philadelphia vs. RBNY
Sporting Kansas City vs. Dallas
Houston vs. Minnesota United
D.C. United vs. Orlando City
Louisville City vs. Nashville
Atlanta United vs. Chicago
LAFC vs. Sacramento

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I would like FC Dallas to win tonight. Not just for the tournament; it would make me feel more comfortable with their current standing in MLS.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Philly beat the Red Bulls in front of a crowd of about 47 people tonight.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Of all the people who could possibly assume RBNY would win a knockout game they then go on to lose, you're the one I expected least.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Fuckin hell, Croizet. Where has that been for the past 4 months.

https://streamable.com/qrvhs

TwoStepBoog fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 17, 2018

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

TwoStepBoog posted:

Fuckin hell, Croizet. Where has that been for the past 4 months.

https://streamable.com/qrvhs

Seriously, watch this.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
FC Dallas doing what comes naturally to em

:smith:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Dallan Invictus posted:

Of all the people who could possibly assume RBNY would win a knockout game they then go on to lose, you're the one I expected least.

Look man. I know how it ends. It would have been fun. But it would have required Jersey to do something right, to do well in a cup tournament, to undo 23 years of spectacular failure. We both know they don’t know how. I was hoping it would be my team to make it worse, because it’s always more fun to gently caress up Jersey. But they couldn’t even get past Philadelphia, the team nobody even WANTS to be rivals with.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
It's a tinpot cup

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
championnat canadien tonight. im assuming première ligue de soccer du québec champions AS Blainville have paid their incredibly unjust fine

quote:

Canada Soccer Disciplinary Decision with respect to Canadian Championship hosts Oakville Blue Devils FC
Following a flare being ignited by a spectator at their home game v AS Blainville in the Canadian Championship on 13 June 2018, Oakville was charged with a single count of improper conduct by spectators. The Canada Soccer Disciplinary Committee fined Oakville $250 for this offence.

Canada Soccer Disciplinary Decision with respect to Canadian Championship hosts AS Blainville
Canada Soccer charged AS Blainville with Improper Conduct of Spectators following its Canadian Championship game at Stade Desjardin, Laval on 6 June 2018. Improper conduct includes, but is not limited to, violence towards persons or objects, letting off incendiary devices, throwing missiles, displaying insulting or political slogans in any form, uttering insulting words or sounds, or invading the pitch.

Canada Soccer Disciplinary Committee released its decision today in respect of this charge. The Canada Soccer Disciplinary Committee determined that the Stade Desjardins was not adequately prepared for this level of competition. Prior to its next game in the Canadian Championship, AS Blainville and the Quebec Soccer Federation have been ordered to make the necessary provisions to improve the security and safety of the Stade Desjardins subject to approval of Canada Soccer, or find an alternative suitable venue to play the upcoming game. Failing to meet either of these provisions the game on 20 June 2018 is to be played behind closed doors. In addition a fine of $2500 was imposed on AS Blainville and the QSF.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

that $2500 was probably a very, very significant portion of the gate

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

0-1 ottawa 1'

uh oh

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC-ORL in a lightning delay, the ten attendees were advised to flee

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

DC-ORL in a lightning delay, the ten attendees were advised to flee

Did they, or did they embrace death?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
apparently Atlanta Chicago is being filmed from the International Space Station

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Despite Atlanta’s fast and dynamic playing style, it’s pitch is really annoyingly slow.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Very surprised Chicago beat Altlanta. Though, I don't know how much Tata cares about this tournament.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

DC and Orlando are going into pens.
The visual of the teams shooting towards a hill side with 50 people standing there is very good.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Orlando moves on. rip DC.

edit; hell yea, SacRep is beating LAFC

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

TwoStepBoog posted:

Orlando moves on. rip DC.

edit; hell yea, SacRep is beating LAFC

And you jinxed it.

whypick1