Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I see the Cubs defense is regressing.

e. n/m lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

If I have one regret in my life, it's that I've never been able to benefit from nepotism and have actually had to earn all my employment positions. I know I should be saying "if I'm proud of something" but honestly so many people benefit from it I'd like to at least once too.

I fully guarantee you Theo would not let them pick up somebody because of a last name, heh

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yankees are being no hit through five.

The Yankees have no hits in five innings of play.

The baseball team known as the New York Yankees have yet to accumulate any hits through five innings of play.

I just wanted to make sure everyone knew about this very notable no hit situation.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I do not blame the Rockies for challenging in the slightest, but he's out as gently caress.

Poque posted:

I fully guarantee you Theo would not let them pick up somebody because of a last name, heh

I believe you.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Yankees are being no hit through five.

The Yankees have no hits in five innings of play.

The baseball team known as the New York Yankees have yet to accumulate any hits through five innings of play.

I just wanted to make sure everyone knew about this very notable no hit situation.

By Charlie Morton

I wonder what mcmagic thinks of this situation

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dangit

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I once made a rtts closer based on Ottavino and he went on to set the MLB record for consecutive saves. Not surprised that when he's on he's basically unhittable.

e. Is Morrow unavailable?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

By Charlie Morton

Guess who posted this:

"Ahh Charlie Morton. The career number 6 starter who magically at 32 years old started throwing 99 MPH. I'm sure thats 100% legit."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Intruder posted:

By Charlie Morton

The mythical mcmagic does not appear when things are very good to say how good they are, nor when they are very bad to agree with how bad they are. The mcmagic appears when you're lulled into complacency with an ok, not great, not terrible situation where he can pop in and nitpick something that's the worst thing ever.

Now that the Yankees are merely being shutout by Charlie Morton and not no hit he begins to awaken from his slumber.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

By Charlie Morton

mcmagic posted:

It's perfectly normal that a career number 5 starter just magically, 10 years into his career, starts throwing 99 MPH. lol.

:jerkbag:

Also get your kid the gently caress out of the way if a foul is coming, don’t try to catch it while holding them in your other arm, you moron :psyduck:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Meanwhile, Arrieta couldn't get out of the 4th :(, Hammel couldn't finish the 5th after giving up a slam (:rip: former Cubs), and the Tigers just got an inning out of Buck "and I'm here to gently caress" Farmer. :3:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

:jerkbag:

Also get your kid the gently caress out of the way of a foul is coming, don’t try to catch it while holding them in your other arm, you moron :psyduck:

Or let the kid catch it. Sink or swim, kid

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ottavino is loving filthy

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

ottavino is loving filthy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm sad Charlie had to work so hard the last couple innings and now we'll have to see the *hurk cough gag* bullpen

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Intruder posted:

I'm sad Charlie had to work so hard the last couple innings and now we'll have to see the *hurk cough gag* bullpen

Rondon's been good at least, right?

I hope he has, at any rate.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

He's still around?

Hmrph.

Regardless, butt status: clenched.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Sydin posted:

He’s been inconsistent, but he’s been an improvement over last year’s relievers. The only guys I truly dread coming out of the pen are Joe Smith and Giles.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

He’s been inconsistent, but he’s been an improvement over last year’s relievers. The only guys I truly dread coming out of the pen are Joe Smith and Giles.

Giles has a 204 ERA+, 2.40 FIP, 0.667 WHIP, and that's all without his usual strikeout numbers

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

Giles has a 204 ERA+, 2.40 FIP, 0.667 WHIP, and that's all without his usual strikeout numbers

I have Giles PTSD and it’s going to take more than a month of games to alleviate that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gurriel swinging as hard as he could at three straight pitches he had no chance of making contact with while Correa was on second with no outs was fun to watch

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

lol i just realized joe smith has a ring with the cubs

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Come on Javy.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

javy why did you suddenly become bad at defense

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Wow Javy is having a garbage game.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

God Marwin is awful this season

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
One of these days it would be nice for the bats to wake up and pound a team that wasn’t just the A’s or the White Sox :sigh:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

God Marwin is awful this season

It's looking like it was a one hit year wonder for Marwin. This is some 2013-2016 level of at-bats. I don't consider him an everday player anymore.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Royals are not a good baseball team are they?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I have Giles PTSD and it’s going to take more than a month of games to alleviate that

I know he was frustrating in the playoffs but even as an Astro his numbers have been elite

His "bad" 2016 where he had a 4.11 ERA he still had a 2.86 FIP, 14 k/9 and only a 1.1 HR/9

Groundball artist Dallas Keuchel has only had a lower HR/9 twice in his career

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

great googly moogly

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Holy poo poo he's out, what the gently caress ump?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Is it a concentration thing with javy?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Yay I guess

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
ugh, i do not want arenado up with the tying run in scoring position.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:woop: CUBS WIN! :woop:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

five in a row, baby, cubs in first

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:krakentoot:

Keep winning the close ones!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

First time seeing Betances this year - curious if we get dominant or awful Betances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Cubs end April leading the NL Central :cool:

The world is as it should be again.

• Locked thread