Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

Dadguns: Post 'em here paired with your best Dadjoke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Post with content:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

Dadguns: Post 'em here paired with your best Dadjoke

That sounds like a great idea. I'll throw up a thread sometime this weekend.

Or, if one of you guys wants to throw up an OP with some bad dad jokes and talk about dad guns, go for it. You too can have the month long immortality of a stickied thread!

Bubakles
Jul 24, 2007
Po babitos una te babito kokeros

Do these count? All 3 were part of shipments to the Russian Army between 1914 and 1916, seeing as they had no guns at that time. Long story short some of the pistols that went to Russia had Cyrillic text on them, but not all (around serial 50.000 upwards the Cyrillic text was added apparently). I used to own more of these but sold them, being the idiot that I am.

Anyways, love Colts and these are pretty interesting. Jesus I suck with linking and adding pictures

You can barely see the Cyrillic text on the frame, on the dustcover

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Bubakles posted:

Do these count? All 3 were part of shipments to the Russian Army between 1914 and 1916, seeing as they had no guns at that time. Long story short some of the pistols that went to Russia had Cyrillic text on them, but not all (around serial 50.000 upwards the Cyrillic text was added apparently). I used to own more of these but sold them, being the idiot that I am.

Anyways, love Colts and these are pretty interesting. Jesus I suck with linking and adding pictures

You can barely see the Cyrillic text on the frame, on the dustcover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfelqZpapZA

I lust for those guns with a burning passion of a million suns.

Are they all yours?

Bubakles
Jul 24, 2007

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I lust for those guns with a burning passion of a million suns.

Are they all yours?

Yessir! The Colt GM bluing of that peruod is spectacular, as you know. Pics do not do justice. I had a couple more but had to sell them. And 2 of the guns in in pic are on the way out in a trade for something even nicer

The russian pistols are not that rare here, nothing like in the US. But good luck finding a 1911 model here...

Edit: Oh wow, someone got scammed, Cyrillic marking is REALLY badly faked: https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/55/1554/colt-1911

Bubakles fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jun 8, 2018

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Bubakles posted:

Yessir! The Colt GM bluing of that peruod is spectacular, as you know. Pics do not do justice. I had a couple more but had to sell them. And 2 of the guns in in pic are on the way out in a trade for something even nicer

The russian pistols are not that rare here, nothing like in the US. But good luck finding a 1911 model here...

Edit: Oh wow, someone got scammed, Cyrillic marking is REALLY badly faked: https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/55/1554/colt-1911

Man, those are amazingly cool, hell of a collection. That old blue right right around there is spectacular.

I have to say that 1911 collecting is something I really appreciate but am just not rich enough for. At least not with my kind of "constantly looking for the next gun" kind of collecting. I've still only acquired a few 1911s, and limit my search these days to D.W. King modified 1911s.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

This is a dad gun by virtue of it being my step-father's, and his dad smuggled it off an island in WW2. He also smuggled these dad-knives back from same battlefield.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I had no idea the Japanese were using pruning saws (?)

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

also new month's thread belatedly up

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

mlmp08 posted:

This is a dad gun by virtue of it being my step-father's, and his dad smuggled it off an island in WW2. He also smuggled these dad-knives back from same battlefield.

I thought those were in a sheath for a second and couldn't figure out how the gently caress you'd unsheath the drat thing

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

I thought those were in a sheath for a second and couldn't figure out how the gently caress you'd unsheath the drat thing

Flamberge and Kris...cris...whatever it is in German style blades normally have boxy, rectangular sheaths. In Europe, they typically denoted a ceremonial blade. Elsewhere, it was typically a "practical" ceremonial blade, meaning it got used.

There is a sword fencing urban legend that they would literally rattle the bones of your opponent when they struck the sword. This is patently false.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubakles
Jul 24, 2007

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

Man, those are amazingly cool, hell of a collection. That old blue right right around there is spectacular.

I have to say that 1911 collecting is something I really appreciate but am just not rich enough for. At least not with my kind of "constantly looking for the next gun" kind of collecting. I've still only acquired a few 1911s, and limit my search these days to D.W. King modified 1911s.

Thanks! Luckily demand for these is relatively low here meaning they do not run that expensive. Mint ones are a couple grand, tops. Problem is we get almost nothing else Colt-wise. 1900, 1902, 1995 etc are non-existant (almost... )

• Locked thread