Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yup, I might still have that big PC game box even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It's bad, because unlike the n64 version you can see more than five feet in front of your pod. draw distance too good imo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*crashes into rock that faded in too fast to anticipate* now this is pod racing!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

haveblue posted:

*crashes into rock that faded in too fast to anticipate* now this is pod racing!
You have to use the force

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

homeless snail posted:

You have to use the game genie

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

can you plug two keyboards in to control each engine separately

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that's some sebulba poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I honestly wonder if there are any decent cheats for Racer because it feels like the difficulty curve became a mountain at some point

Still, the feel of driving some of those pods was really awesome

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
my favorite part of that game is the speedometer in the corner just fluctuating wildly but with no unit of measurement attached to it, it's just a number

so sometimes you're just going 597 and i guess that's pretty fast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not as fast as the numbers in F Zero GX

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

68 hours remaining. It....might happen?!??

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Wake me up when the weird adventure Phantom Menace is released.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i tell you how to cyclops rock
and then you go and turn around and break my heart
waste my cyclops time
mess with my cyclops mind

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I accomplished another Kirby thing today
Kirby is so proud of me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Saint Freak posted:

68 hours remaining. It....might happen?!??

I've been really pleasantly surprised by the bump in the past few days. Swery never stopped believing and I guess I shouldn't have either

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Your art style is really really cool in motion, I love it

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Even better, it had an arcade cabinet with accurate control scheme of yanking back and forth on the dual throttles

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In The Last Jedi, when they're racing threw the city on the giant foxes, all I could think of was "Now this is Pod racing!" Really it's probably closer to Pod racing to what's happening when the line was originally used any ways.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i have a final paper due thursday morning

but im going to try to beat yakuza kiwami tonight

i love to game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Use game time as a reward for completing paragraphs of your paper, that's what I used to do.

Still do actually

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Calaveron posted:

Isn't Alex crushed by the rock god and drowned when the Important Area sank under the waves? And Isaac absorbs the Golden Sun but not really and then the eight guys plus the old guy who never once shut the gently caress up through the entire series essentially become immortal or at roast incredibly long lived thanks to being exposed to it

I have no clue what happens after TLA because I never played anything that came after it. I didn't feel like there was any need for the story to continue. I just pretended everything involving Alex didn't happen and was happier for it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm glad you've learned a bit from the last game and made outlines thicker so you could tell foreground from bg more easily

that was the one problem I had with your last game, it was really unreadable at some points because of it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

raditts posted:

I skipped straight to this page, but I knew exactly what game you were talking about here because :same:

I liked the first part, although there was no indication beforehand that it would end on a cliffhanger, and it got me excited for the sequel, but boy was the second half a Dragon Warrior 2 level of bad

What's wrong with Dragon Warrior 2?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my experience with golden sun is *wobble*

*other character wobbles*

*i wobble again*

*third character wobbles for no reason*

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
2B is gonna be in Smash. 9S is gonna be in PlayStation All Stars

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

2B is gonna be in Smash. 9S is gonna be in PlayStation All Stars

A2 is gonna be in Tekken

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Pascal for Soulcalibur

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Port? The PC was the lead platform.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sadly the sequel was only ever on PlayStation 2.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

Also available on PS4 now.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

That's Right

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I've actually been playing Dark Dark to test my hypothesis that it is actually the perfect successor to the GBA Golden Suns and is in fact just as mediocre, rather than being bad as everyone claims

So far it is better than the originals in many ways, but also makes some questionable decisions and it seems like they spent so much time rendering all the spells and summons in 3D that they forgot to add anything new

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ciaphas posted:

Oh my god this Atelier L&S game is adorable

yes. also there's also a ton of ateliers so if you're into that you can play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcc16o0SaY

at some point

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Getting worried I'm not going to be able to get the one Cool Terry gem I need for her armor in Monster Hunter. I wasn't able to play basically all last week and she's just not giving up the goods.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

corn in the bible posted:

yes. also there's also a ton of ateliers so if you're into that you can play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcc16o0SaY

at some point

my only complaint so far i guess is that poo poo takes a while just from a pure ui perspective, like fades between menus and scenes and suchlike

but I guess that's unavoidable

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
holy poo poo free Rayman Legends? thanks, sony! drat, and i was gonna try and do some work tonight

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
aside from bad dialogue pacing and having a typically nonsensical jrpg story, golden sun games are actually pretty good. it mostly suffers from its audience being part of a massive hegemon of final fantasy seven tween fans collectively outgrowing jrpgs around the same time. i only played dark dawn for the first time last year and enjoyed it over almost every snes jrpg, including all the final fantasys. I didn't think it was as good as the old ones, but i find most jrpgs near unplayable nowadays anyhow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

EA Sports posted:

aside from bad dialogue pacing and having a typically nonsensical jrpg story, golden sun games are actually pretty good.

this is so incredibly wrong

there is no reason for anyone, ever, to play golden sun. it has absolutely nothing that you can't get from many other, better games.

• Locked thread