Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Yeah, "competition is good" doesn't really apply to videogames because publishers/devs still want to sell a bunch of games even if there is only one platform in existence.

The best way to sell games is to make good ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Motto posted:

Also the mega console the plays everything forever is called A Computer.

Except for any of the recent PS4 exclusives,which are arguably some of the greatest games of all time.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'm playing through Outlast 2 at the moment and I'm finding it really unusual.

The overall story and atmosphere feels like it was created by an "edgy" 14 year old and I've broken 4 or 5 of the set pieces by just going backwards when they trigger because it seems to make the enemies wander off or despawn or something. Nothing better than having tense "they're going to get ya" music playing whilst you just wander around with impunity until you find the next checkpoint and it abruptly stops.

It all feels amateurish as gently caress and I honestly can't tell if I'm enjoying it or not. I heard it was a frustrating trial-and-error fest but I'm not experiencing that at all because the enemies keep disappearing for some reason.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Propaganda Hour posted:

Is this part of the tourist difficulty they patched in recently?

I'm playing on normal. The AI just seems to be scripted as gently caress and breaks really easily.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sci fi is the worst genre.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Holy moly but Outlast 2 was terrible.

It's literally just the same gameplay loop over and over for 5ish hours. There's the quiet bits where you are walking around and scavenging batteries and bandages then you hit a checkpoint and enemies spawn and you just run to the next checkpoint to make them go away again so you can get back to scavenging in the next area.

You are supposed to use stealth and whatever but there is no reason to do any of that because moving to the next bit of the level just makes the threat despawn. Occasionally you get teleported to a school and replay the same 5 corridors with insta-kill trial and error monsters chasing you. You deal with them by finding the next checkpoint to make them despawn.

Add to that the worst voice acting I have experienced in years, an utterly dogshit story that doesn't really get fleshed out or make sense and a fuckton of cringeworthy teenage edgelord poo poo and it is easily one of the worst games I've played in the past few years.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

al-azad posted:

If you want the cherry on top of the poo poo Sunday look up "Outlast 2 cut audio" on youtube.

Ugh. That scene was already incredibly on-the-nose because the writers are apparently utter loving hacks.

It's nearly incomprehensible how they made it even worse. It's not even done for any kind of thought provoking reason or as an attempt make the player confront something uncomfortable to increase the impact of the story, it's literally just "LOOKIT HOW FUKKIN GROSS THIS IS!".

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

man nurse posted:

I liked the first game quite a bit. So it's bad compared to the first one?

It is truly godawful. The first one feels like it was a completely different developer.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Raxivace posted:

What is the context here?

The devs tried to hit on every controversial thing in society without any context whatsoever.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Oof, the Eurogamer review of State of Decay 2 makes it sound like an absolute disaster. Myriad bugs that either persist through you reloading the game or turn into other bugs on reload.

The gameplay is supposedly bland and repetitive and doesn't really develop on the first game at all.

Looks like my Bone will continue to gather dust.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Everyone: "Bethesda games are so poo poo."

Bethesda: "Here's a teaser for a thing."

Everyone: "HOLY poo poo! A NEW BETHESDA GAME?!? I AM SO HYPED!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Can't wait to buy the GOTY version of Fallout 76 with all the DLC for €5 in around 4 years time.

• Locked thread