Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/996399310072942592?s=19

I blame kiryu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Motto posted:

The neo-neogaf thread on this is awful as hell both ways, but this was funny

"Is this a ploy by the NRA to have more kids playing with guns and not themselves?"

I thought we were up to neo neo nei neigaf at least.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
nep nep

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rarity posted:

:thumbsup: I'm playing Smackdown vs Raw 2007 and feuding with Roddy Piper and Bam Bam Bigelow. Mick Foley wants me to help him but I don't hold up with broken old men :colbert:

so instead you're feuding with a man with a hip replacement and fat dead dude

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

I think DKC3 is probably the weakest of the original 3, but I DO like how every single level in 3 has some unique gimmick that isn't really repeated in other levels. The first two do something similar but not quite to the extreme degree that 3 does.

The bosses are the absolute pits in DKC3. Way too slow and gimmicky

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

the only content locked behind collectibles is the lost world, just like in dkc2.

that doesn't even get you an actual ending

you need the bonus coins to get the levels in the lost world so you can get all the dk coins

you need the dk coins to get the gyrocopter

you need to get the gyrocopter to get all the banana birds

you need the banana birds to actually get an ending and not just have another random fight where k. rool escapes after fighting him again and again

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 19, 2018

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I eat pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving and that's about it. I can't think of many other foods that I consume so rarely but also so regularly

Hot carved turkey

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
the crew 2 feels like it's going to be the watch_dogs 2 to the original the crew's watch_dogs

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
or at least it'll probably be up hter ewith burnout paradise as chillout racing game

i'm enjoying how seamless moving between air/sea/ground is and how the loading is basically nil at all kind of like driver san francisco

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Samuringa posted:

Does it still have the dumb RPG elements?

hard to tell exactly. it feels like some of the stuff is still there, but they refined a lot of it down to more or less "get cash buy cars"

they do have the parts stuff, but I'm not sure if its fixed bonuses vs randomized

winning races gets you followers and cash (you can also get followers by doing cool poo poo)

cash is used to buy new cars and poo poo

fans have some sort of popularity leveling going on, but you can advance your rank only once in the beta (from unknown to amateur, which happens after you finish the first event)

the popularity level does seem to unlock different classes of vehicles, like the crew 1, but this isn't nearly annoying since they diversified - there are 4 separate challenge categories, so as an amateur, you can drive a street car, offroad car, plane, and boat without bothering to level up

I did hit enough fans to have made it to the second rank in an hour of futzing around (but again, you're capped and unable to rank up), and that had drifting cars, rally cross cars, helicopters, and dirtbikes

it does look like all the vehicle classes are basically unlocked after you rank up two or three times, so the content gate is minimal.

what does scare me is that there were a few supercars locked out unless you hit Icon 300 or 600 status, and the menu does have a section reserved for Icon stuff, so that probably means theres probably some weird rear end prestige thing going on, or possibly just a long term goal

there weren't any of those radio towers from the 1st game, and I didn't seem to find any of the car part either, albeit there are stuff like photo ops and some hidden bonus stuff

but I have to say I really was impressed, since the game does let you swap between boat, plane, and car instantaneously, without loading anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Also the aesthetic is completely different. They got rid of the crime and gang shot in place of you and your team being a crew of autosports/aerosports/watersports enthusiasts doing various racing series and it's done a lot more livelier and more vibrant colors.

• Locked thread