Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Currently I am playing a lot of Ki No Kuni 2. I got the zepplin last night, so I have complete freedom to the gameworld and i'm not sure what to do now before I continue with the main story.

Mostly just fill out your citizens really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's very sad when games with some kind of thematic arc manage to completely break games journalists' brains

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kratos doesn't seek redemption, he just wants to make sure his kid turns out differently but doesn't really know how. Admittedly I never played the originals, but I thought it worked pretty well.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

You all weren't kidding about DDS2, im currently 5 layers deep into the Sun and the visual design of everything is just getting radder and radder. What a great finale to the slowly growing craziness of this narrative

Hell yeah. The best part is it doesn't peak till the final boss which is as it should be.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Convex posted:

How many people here actually finish single player games these days? I usually lose interest about 2/3 of the way through, usually when it looks like there's nothing new to offer and I've passed the point where the devs applied the bulk of their efforts. That said I still feel a bit stressed about leaving things unfinished even though most videogame stories are terrible and I have like 1024 games from Steam sales I haven't played yet

I don't start a game unless I intend to finish it. That doesn't mean it never happens, but it's rare.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Who is this/why does Wario always have all the insider info

He's literally Wario

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I refuse to believe there were even 118,000 Wii U's in existence.

No you don't

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

3DS with improved graphics and all DLC plus a couple of changes like 'A rank damage is a max heart percentage now thank god' and you can just buy Adventure mode items instead of grinding stages for them

You're really wanting to make me play Hyrule Warriors again despite sinking way too much time in the Wii U one and having tons of other things to play now...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's basically inevitable that I will at some point.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Thumbs up this post if you’re playing video games right now!

:thumbsup:

I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2! It's really good

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

Word is that Valve is backpedaling their VN ban thing? Anime dev Twitter is talking about some of the devs getting notice that their games were back under review rather than on the butcher's block.

Huniepop and Mutiny!! are straight garbage but what's really hosed is a company with a near-monopoly on digital distribution of PC games managing their business without official guidelines, communication, consistency, or accountability. They're famously disinterested in curation until suddenly they're extremely interested.

It seemed that in addition to garbage like those they targeted a bunch of things that weren't offensive because they did exactly zero research before going full extreme. And then the outcry made them backpedal.

Basically Valve sucks

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Colonel posted:

the jp tales of community is women who vote on who the cutest tales boy is

Well who is it

I think it's Jade from Abyss personally

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh good choice good choice

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

2/3rds of the way through may

bought a switch in december, my gf has racked up 500 hours in zelda botw and i have yet to be able to really play anything

Get a second Switch

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

A lot of games these days aren't actually fun but rather a grind designed to trick your brain into releasing those satisfaction chemicals by watching your numbers go higher. You feel a sense of accomplishment from performing the same mindless stuff over and over until you realize how none of it actually matters and then the illusion is shattered.

Unrelated: My hand is starting to hurt when I try to draw and its making me upset :(

Nothing in life matters

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Nothing in life matters

Games are fun

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Games are fun

Play games you like

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Same but when you hear there's a new "action" RPG and it's another 100+ hour plodding monstrosity with walls o' dialogue.

That's the good kind

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Long games are cool

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

precision posted:

idolizing yoko taro and dissing david cage at the same time is some major :ironicat:

I don't think it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

Detroit looks bad and I fully support making fun of it but if you actually want to have more in depth discussions of how it's a bad game and what it does badly, I think you actually have to play it unfortunately. Like you can't just write off games journalist most of the time but take their word as law when you don't want to play a game but want to keep discussing it with someone that has for some reason.

I can do whatever i want you don't control me

• Locked thread